Shots of the Canadian Rockies

Name
Alf
Edit My Images
Yes
Brilliant images. Number three really shows what continental collisions do. What a superb experience.

Absolutely stunning shots there mate. Really nice work.
First one really is something special, did you come up and then suddenly see that view? I bet it was breath taking.
We did a helicopter trip from Vegas to the Grand Canyon, and that was fantastic, though I share your issues with shooting through those bloody windows.

Absolutely stunning shots there mate. Really nice work.
First one really is something special, did you come up and then suddenly see that view? I bet it was breath taking.
We did a helicopter trip from Vegas to the Grand Canyon, and that was fantastic, though I share your issues with shooting through those bloody windows.

Thanks Jake
We went up sulphur mountain the easy way that is aon a cable car but the views were stunning another place it was hard to know which way to look first but half the people didnt wlak far enough to see that view.
I have another stitch to try for the view the other way too.
We did a helicopter ride over the grand canyon too 10 years ago that was amazing too but I only had a comact then but had less problems with reflections

That first one is steller.

Thanks Steve it came out much better than I expected really

If the subject is nice, the light is good and you can use a camera you will do well. Its probably IMHO your best ever image. I wish I was there just to take that image. You must be proud of it.

It is one of those shots Steve I took so many at the time I didnt appreciate it so much as it was a little hazy as is often the case on a hot day. I had a couple of goes at it anyway but after stitching and a little PP it turned into this and I was a bit surprised at well how the various layers showed up.

I am happy with it of course.

The second shot was tougher to get right though as it is a five shots stitch taken through a helicopter window.

Reactions: ST4
Photo #1 is a truly remarkable capture- the splendour, scale, and detail of the scenery are breathtaking, and that wonderful sky complements the landscape to perfection.

The 1st image is a real stunner.
Can I ask what lens was used please?

I used a Zuiko 12-40 f2.8 on my Olympus OMD E-M1

Photo #1 is a truly remarkable capture- the splendour, scale, and detail of the scenery are breathtaking, and that wonderful sky complements the landscape to perfection.

Thanks

I am beyond jealous, love the photos but the experience must have been absolutely incredible

Thanks and we really enjoyed it

It's a remarkable scene, and the sky is to die for!

Thanks a lot Jake

I so wish I had took that. Its one of those all time great images IMHO, Ive been in and out the thread all am just to look at it.

The other images aren't my scene at all, but that 1st one....f*** me!!!!!

Thanks very much Steve

Great scenery, and shots. Would it be with trying to dehaze the first one a little?

They are all really great shots, number one especially. I’m sure that’s Lake Minnewanka in the centre of the first one.

I spent four weeks in Canada last October. I will be in Iceland this October. From my recherché it has nothing to compare with Canada. Hope I’m wrong. I bet you’re like me and itching to get back to Canada.

Great set.

They are all really great shots, number one especially. I’m sure that’s Lake Minnewanka in the centre of the first one.

I spent four weeks in Canada last October. I will be in Iceland this October. From my recherché it has nothing to compare with Canada. Hope I’m wrong. I bet you’re like me and itching to get back to Canada.

Great set.

Thanks mate
I would to go back tomorrow and yes that is lake minnewanka

Smashing set, the first is superb.

Thanks mate

Wow..... That's first shot is terrific Alf. What a scene its just a pleasure to behold! I always wanted to travel to Canada, looks like you had a wonderful time.
I think you did an exceptional job shooting through those windows Alf!
Any how I love Rockies 1-3 Number four tells the story which is great. I really like Rockies 1, but they are all eclipsed by the first shot, its beautiful!

great shots

Thanks Holty

Beautiful scenery. Honestly, I'm not really sure why but the second and third appeal to me most.

Thanks Dawn patrol I rather the second

Wow..... That's first shot is terrific Alf. What a scene its just a pleasure to behold! I always wanted to travel to Canada, looks like you had a wonderful time.
I think you did an exceptional job shooting through those windows Alf!
Any how I love Rockies 1-3 Number four tells the story which is great. I really like Rockies 1, but they are all eclipsed by the first shot, its beautiful!

Thanks a lot Steve

wonderful photos

Thanks photo works

Fantastic shots and Banff has always been on my bucket list along with Yosemite and Jasper

As everyone else has said, wonderful!!!

Just been on your Flickr some great captures there as well. How did you get the train shot "Leaving Torronto on The Canadian" Did you just hold the camera up? - sorry just realized you must have been in the observation car.

wow great shots

Thanks Al

Fantastic shots and Banff has always been on my bucket list along with Yosemite and Jasper

Thanks Andrew and Banff Jasper and Yosemite are all worth a visit but while you are at Yosemite go to the Grand canyon too.

Absolute stunners, the first shot is extraordinary.

Thanks Mal

As everyone else has said, wonderful!!!

Just been on your Flickr some great captures there as well. How did you get the train shot "Leaving Torronto on The Canadian" Did you just hold the camera up? - sorry just realized you must have been in the observation car.

Thanks Ian that shot leaving Toronto was not easy and it shows in the IQ I think but it was shot through double glazing that was not that clean

It can be seen here https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/images-of-a-train-journey.598788/

WOW Alf, what an amazing place and you must be so happy with these shots.

Thanks Neil They are pretty good holiday snaps mate.

Back