Show me your nikon Nifty fifty pics please

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
Yes
Thinking of getting a Nikon nify fifty lens and would love to see some of the images other members have captured with it, as i have heard great things about it
thanks in advance as always!:D

Thanks guys thats great:D And Graham many thanks indeed that is a brilliant site pixel peeper cheers(y)

got one here i kinda liked at the time but looking now i wish it had a deeper dof :thinking:

it combines a few of my favourite things, travel, beer & toy car racing :D

4782271157_84b60f37c6_z.jpg

Quick grab shot of the wife, cropped, f2 natural light.
4815114038_7d2565cb9d_z.jpg

Thanks folks for all your advice and links i really appreciate it, got 1 today so hopefully be here tommorow:D
thanks again
Scott

Flickriver lens explorer is a good way to see photos from flickr taken with a particular lens. Pretty much the same as using flickr except with a nice black background :D

http://www.flickriver.com/lenses/nikon/50mmf18d/

These are all the f/1.8 version - of course there's one for the f/1.4 too.

Nice link, some great photos on that site. Thanks for sharing.(y)

I'm a real big fan of the 50mm, I've had the AF-D but upgraded to the G version in late February this year.

Here's a few with the G version:

..and with the AF-D:

I feel a bit out classed - but this was taken with my 50.

Alex-Playing-Guitar_072010.jpg

Thanks CJS - Kenko tubes are on my Wish List. I want them even more now! :LOL:

Well recieved my nifty fifty this morn only to discover it wont auto focus with the d5000??:crying: sold my d90 a few months ago as i was strapped for cash, i have tried it out and about 2 shots out of 10 are in focus the rest are not!! any tips guys or is it just a case of practice?
thanks
scott

Well recieved my nifty fifty this morn only to discover it wont auto focus with the d5000??:crying: sold my d90 a few months ago as i was strapped for cash, i have tried it out and about 2 shots out of 10 are in focus the rest are not!! any tips guys or is it just a case of practice?
thanks
scott

The D5000 doesn't have an auto-focus feature in the body, so if you needed the lens to do that you would have to buy the 50mm 1.4D, or for a cheaper option the 35mm 1.8D as they both come with the auto foucs mechanism in the lens.

@Tomas, Rob: does it worth upgrading from the 50f/1.4D to the 50f/1.4G?
Provided that I already got a D90 which has its own AF motor...

I'm so tempting after seeing you guys' photos arrgggggg :thinking:

thanks
scott

Ah . . . thats a problem with the 50mm . . . though not important for macro.

They make a 35mm that is compatible, I seem to remember hearing they were doing the 50 with motor?? but that might have been in my dreams . . . :shrug:

Try with the 'range finding' facility switched on . . . P156 in the destructions! Shut the aperture down a bit, increasing the DOF, might need to push the ISO up 400-800? the camera can handle it. Then as you get better with practise, bring the settings back bit by bit?

CJS

@Tomas, Rob: does it worth upgrading from the 50f/1.4D to the 50f/1.4G?
Provided that I already got a D90 which has its own AF motor...

I'm so tempting after seeing you guys' photos arrgggggg :thinking:

Only reason I upgraded is that I like to use a Lee Filters kit which attaches to the filter thread. When attaching the Filter holder onto AF-D, it puts a lot weight on the focus motor making a very unhealthy grinding whiney sound, with internal focus systems this isn't an issue, so I upgraded.

Is there a major difference between the two? Not really IMO, they're both extremely sharp and focus quickly in tough light, the G has far less flare.

some great stuff,

tyke tiler, that first portrait of the young girl is a different gravy, superb!

Only reason I upgraded is that I like to use a Lee Filters kit which attaches to the filter thread. When attaching the Filter holder onto AF-D, it puts a lot weight on the focus motor making a very unhealthy grinding whiney sound, with internal focus systems this isn't an issue, so I upgraded.

Is there a major difference between the two? Not really IMO, they're both extremely sharp and focus quickly in tough light, the G has far less flare.

Thanks mate (y)

YES I see, the same problem happened to my 35f/2D and 50f/1.4D when i put both the CPL filter + the Hood onto it.
Even tried buying another 35f/2D and the same problem still occurs, figured out later on but well, I think that's fairly ok anyway....

The D5000 doesn't have an auto-focus feature in the body, so if you needed the lens to do that you would have to buy the 50mm 1.4D, or for a cheaper option the 35mm 1.8D as they both come with the auto foucs mechanism in the lens.

It's very easy to focus manually though with the 50mm.

Back