Show us yer film shots then!

Word up my funky smelling bruvvas from anuvva muvva!

Thought I might post this as I haven't shown anything for what seems like an age!

Stormy North Cornwall from the beginning of December :)

2012014 by Itsallaboutlight, on Flickr

P.S. Also posted in another part of the forum fo' shiz and gizzles! Am now awaiting the classic "I'd like to see the colour version" comment.

PPS. Please excuse the phoneshop speak. Too much left over booze kicking around the house from yule!

Word up my funky smelling bruvvas from anuvva muvva!

Thought I might post this as I haven't shown anything for what seems like an age!

Stormy North Cornwall from the beginning of December :)

P.S. Also posted in another part of the forum fo' shiz and gizzles! Am now awaiting the classic "I'd like to see the colour version" comment.

PPS. Please excuse the phoneshop speak. Too much left over booze kicking around the house from yule!

Loving the recent images you have posted on flickr! I need to find the time to capture some of the welsh coast...

(y)

Lovely stuff John and Ghandi (y)

This is a scan from an ir shot (Efke ir820 + 720nm filter) taken with my Mamiya RB67 that was languishing on my HD for around a year.

Secret Britain by Mohain, on Flickr

Lovely stuff John and Ghandi (y)

This is a scan from an ir shot (Efke ir820 + 720nm filter) taken with my Mamiya RB67 that was languishing on my HD for around a year.

Secret Britain by Mohain, on Flickr

We are not worthy :notworthy:

Excellent work there, I relaly amthinking I made a mistake in opting for the Rollei IR now, Efke as been looking so damn good recently!

Top work Guy.

I've been looking at IR stuff for a while now but am yet to bite the bullet as I'm not sure about the IR blocking capabilities of my bellows!

Ok then, few more from me......

I can't decide between these two, although I suspect one of them may be slightly too dark.... I really need to get a decent monitor for home use.

The second image is a little too dark (1/2 a stop maybe), with some of the detail being lost. However, the composition of image 2 feels far better for me. Both are excellent, but the balance in image 2 just works - possibly the addition of more sky that does it. Also the timing on the waves, you have a more defined edge to the top of the wave before it begins to receed down the beach.

All the images are great though.

crown graphic / 135mm / FP4

Didn't manage to get out much over christmas, got something similar to this on provia which I am excited about.

6501238407_40631478d3_b.jpg

6351123637_b5acd5c212_b.jpg

6351817468_9af1df5ec8_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Like it, very street.

Andy

Thank you both for your kind words. Mel - shot with a TLR, so from the hip with the waist level viewfinder. I've tried to shoot from the hip with a 35mm camera before (a Nikon F2 with the prism temporarily removed) but struggled to get the horizons and verticals straight.

a few from over xmas, ilford hp5 400, not too happy tbh, far too grainy so i might try the iso 100 from now. Although screwing up the dev and putting the stopper in too early, pouring it out and puting the dev back in to restart it probably didnt help :)

a few from over xmas, ilford hp5 400, not too happy tbh, far too grainy so i might try the iso 100 from now.

Don't lose hope! You need to shoot a tabular-grain film like Kodak T-Max or Ilford Delta, that's where you can get ISO400 speed and ISO100-like minimal grain. Don't give up on ISO400 and it's useful exposure latitude because of HP5+.

oh cool, cheers :) is that the ilford delta 400 or 100 though? confused as you mentioned both speeds :help:

Both of them are tabular grain, but since you were trying HP5+ I meant Delta 400 - same speed, more controlled and finer grain.*

*the only t-grain film I have experience with is Kodak T-Max 400, but I believe the same should apply to the Ilford (and Fuji) emulsions

HP5+ is a good film if you don't cock up the processing! Tipping out the stop and tipping back in the dev just won't work so you have basically battled under developed film, hence the excess of grain. HP5+ I find more forgiving to exposure than the newer films anyway and it also pushes wonderfully, just dev it right and use a decent developer!

^Great shot Nick. Much prefer your effort over that in the link!

Thanks, I think I need to improve my scanning technique though as the image is very soft when viewed large, yet looks tack sharp when viewing the negative :thinking:

I love the image, I am definitely going to stock up on some Velvia. Although I was just given some fuji film that is five years out of date :love:

There are some amazing shots on here!

Two of my favourites from a college assignment in late 2009 →
BigBen.jpg
AWintersDayinLondon.jpg

These were two of my first ever darkroom prints & I'm still rather fond of them! Photographed using a Phenix DC303K with a
28mm f/2.8 lens. Shot with Ilford HP5 400iso black & white 35mm film & printed on Ilford 8x10 MGRC Satin paper.

I can see Portra 400 having a regular place in my camera bag, it might even push Ektar into the corner of the bag..

.. more from Bavaria, shot just before Christmas.

It's a great shot.. and not just because I'm a KLF fan.. :LOL:

Thanks, I took it on a night shift as part of a series for the Guardian Camera Club 24-hour narrative assignment. I always think of the KLF at that time of day if I'm awake!

I was very pleased as it's my first roll through the OM10 as well - the Zuiko 50mm f/1.8 is a great lens.

Some more Bavarian Portra..

Back