Show us yer film shots then!

QE Hospital in Birmingham ,and yes it's a along as it looks, even longer when you are carrying studio lights :(

A couple from the Mallory Park Plum Pudding race meeting last year; both taken on a Nikon FM with 50mm f2.0 lens on expired Kodacolor 200, Asda dev & scan.

Both shots feature a D-type Jag replica that was racing; sounded awesome!

Jaguar D-Type by Strappster, on Flickr

Jaguar D-Type by Strappster, on Flickr

The second's a crop but I'm still pretty pleased at how it came out for my first attempt at panning with an MF camera. Mind you, there's at least another film's worth that are a succession of blurry colours. :)

mwhahahahahahahahaaha :D

I'm quite pleased with this one!

The bottom half of that is amazing Spence. The dark rocks on the right hand side is a bit distracting, but I can see why you like it. I'd be very happy if it was mine (y)

mwhahahahahahahahaaha :D

I'm quite pleased with this one!

Very nice.
I've been playing with Adox 25 art and i'm liking it.
6695889317_5e37926f1d_b.jpg
[/url] Adox 25 art by Marvin d martian100, on Flickr[/IMG]

Mart

Love the first one Andy (y)

Trying to get 13 shots from a roll last year...

mamiya c330 / provia 100

Psh, what's with all these smooth looking landscapes, time for some gritty street! :p

scan1201160005.jpg

scan1201160008.jpg

There are times when I seriously consider buying a 35 for my M4, then I realise the Hexar has a Summicron killer:
scan1201160010.jpg

scan1201160012.jpg

scan1201160013.jpg

scan1201160014.jpg

A house lit up like erm well a Christmas tree:-
Tamsp35-7041000px.jpg

Just had to make do at f2 and 1/60 for this shot and neg is under exposed:-
Helios21000px.jpg

Ye olde newspaper shop
Sigma28mm21000px.jpg

Last edited:
Love the last one, would look great on large format is it 35mm?

If the question was to me Liam :wave: it was the sigma 28mm f2.8 mini-wide II on BC1 35mm. Quite a few people are not impressed with this lens, but if the digital guys want try film on the cheap with a WA lens it's quite good.

More snowy portra from Bayern..

Very nice tones, tempted by portra but I need to try Ektar first colour neg wise. What's the latitude and reciprocity like?

Lattitude's very tight, Jury's out on reciprocity, some say it doesn't fail, others disagree, It's certainly like no other C41, can be pretty difficult to predict the outcome. When it comes together though the results are pretty epic!

Another of my 52 pics, week 3 and playing with lighting LF with small flash guns, yes it can be done.
6716526263_40fb158182_b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Mart

My first roll of 35mm film in about 10 years. Rollei retro in my Nikon F70.

6709271961_5d6d04e173_z.jpg

Lands End, Cornwall.

6709313377_b04168080f_z.jpg

Beach Steps, Cornwall.

Very nice tones, tempted by portra but I need to try Ektar first colour neg wise. What's the latitude and reciprocity like?

I've got on very well using Ektar for night shots, not tried the same with Portra. Portra is definitely the subtler of the two. I'm still unsure of the differences between Portra and ProH, they're very similar but there are subtle differences. I really need to shoot all three side-by-side on the same scenes for comparison. I need another back.. .

6724548359_2ba54b3067_z.jpg

Very overcast day at St Michaels Mount, Cornwall. Shot on my first roll of rollei retro in my recent purchase, Nikon F70.

Made a cuddly toy tree for my grand-children for Xmas not sure which shot is better so posted both.

FDn28mm1000px.jpg

24mmSigma51000px.jpg

First one is definitely better, the second was taken using a straight-on flash, correct? Yeah, basically never do that ;)

First one is definitely better, the second was taken using a straight-on flash, correct? Yeah, basically never do that ;)

Indeed natural light is better and should have used a tripod, but there should have been no problem with the direct flash as I was using a T90 with 300TL and this combo should have balanced the ambient light with flash light...erm something went wrong :cautious:

Congratulations to you Brian and your other half !

Nice and lovely photo, definitely keep it somewhere for the memories ! :)

One from me. Have been working on the processing (both film and then post scanning!) and have got some much better results. Negs were much cleaner having tipped the pot of final rinse with wetting agent down them into a bucket.

HP5+ thru M6 3-16.jpg by menthel, on Flickr

That does look very clean indeed. Nice work.

nice office too

Thanks, it's actually my Father-in-law's who is in the picture (he is also looking at a picture of my wife and son!). I think it will get cleaner again once I change from Ilfosol 3, although these are the best set of negatives I have had from it yet.

Congratulations Brian and good work Jim (y)

Thanks all :) You can guess what my week 3 "Sigh" photo for my 52 will include. Though I'll be good and not turn it into a new parent "isn't my offspring the best" thing.

Frankly, I was just interested to see what the lens on the Nettar could do after I stripped it down completely to clean the 50+ years of gunk from it. I think it's a keeper as a folder; that was handheld at 1/25 or so, so the softness is about what I'd expect. Very happy there.

Back