Show us yer film shots then!

retrogamer1990 Wonderful portraits & beautiful quality :}

I've not shot much film in a while - one from January I've just had back - out with the Homeless Holga soon too!

Kodak Ektar 100 - Canon EF - Assortment of lenses

6777012858_9a1b1dbafe_o.jpg

6923128385_9148c9dcd4_o.jpg

6923129415_ff4aec50b3_o.jpg

6777016470_8903f60f70_o.jpg

They are very saturated, have you done that in PP?
These are more or less straight from the Club 35 scans, no saturation boost. Its in line with what I've got from Ektar in the past, given the right light and exposure. I've found It can come out quite dull in certain conditions though.

yup ! and the portra 400 was out of stock apparently when I bought it so HAD to buy ektar as well to get at least something for next week :D

Darn I missed this offer. Should have bought more when I had the chance. Bought them at <£3 once upon a time from them on offer.

Yes, 7dayshop had Ektar 100 in 120 roll for £2.79 a pop. Their prices have been yo-yoing wildly for the last week or so, Neopan 1600 5 pack was 3 different prices in one day that I was keeping an eye on them.

Yes, 7dayshop had Ektar 100 in 120 roll for £2.79 a pop. Their prices have been yo-yoing wildly for the last week or so, Neopan 1600 5 pack was 3 different prices in one day that I was keeping an eye on them.

probably due to gbp/yen or something.
ektar 120mm is now 3.19 which I still think is a bargain considering they need to pack and post it + all the other stuff.

probably due to gbp/yen or something.
ektar 120mm is now 3.19 which I still think is a bargain considering they need to pack and post it + all the other stuff.

It was £3.19 a few days ago - now it's £4.19. Yo-yo!

I was going to bite the bullet and try some at £2.79 but I just need the exposure flexibility of ISO400+

Just bought four 5-packs, bloody good price.

WPrzv.jpg

Haven't really shot anything worthwhile on film recently. I did get some test shots back from my first rolls of slide (Velvia 50). Real pain to scan or maybe my exposures are off (don't have a lightbox to judge, a lot of them seem dark, if I hold them real close to a desklamp I can see a lot of shadow detail that the scanner is missing).

2343488091_f67dddf7d9_o.jpg

Olympus OM-1.

2342123660_4cf33ab019_o.jpg

Rolleicord Vb

Can only seem to bracket in full stops with the above cameras rather than the preferred 1/2 or 1/3 stops.

Really good graphical images

Those are old! On the first page of this thread way back in 2008!

(Still their excellent shots)

I've discovered to my dismay that my hitech filters dont get on very well with Velvia, even unstacked they give a fairly hefty purple tinge to the ND'd area :( which has ruined my sunset shots from the North Wales meet. Oddly enough Ektar doesnt seem to have a problem with them yet they are both saturated films :confused:

I've discovered to my dismay that my hitech filters dont get on very well with Velvia, even unstacked they give a fairly hefty purple tinge to the ND'd area :( which has ruined my sunset shots from the North Wales meet. Oddly enough Ektar doesnt seem to have a problem with them yet they are both saturated films :confused:

The difference between the two films may be down to the fact that the cast is removed from the Ektar (print film) when the prints or scans are made whereas with the Velvia they are what they are.

How old are your Hitech filters? I got a 0.6 soft grad in January last year and have used it successfully with Velvia and other slide film with none of the magenta cast that lots of people seem to have. I know that as the first few shots I used it with ended up as a grey sky because I mis-read how to use a grad! :LOL:

It might be that they've improved the quality control or manufacturing or simply that I was just lucky!

Ed, i cant say that i can see any casts or differences in the colour on the Ektar negs but i can see a very strong magenta cast on the Velvia

I bought them from formatt over summer last year, but it may well be a naff batch :( time to invest in some Lee's

I should have checked earlier but there was no cast with them on digital and being that i mainly shoot black and white i wouldnt have noticed anyway :(

One i took a week or so back
30 second exposure with ND 8 on prak mtl 5 with super tak 50mm.
0181.jpg

thought id try some different b&w film as i was a bit fed up with the amount of grain on HP5, probably my developing mucking up though! so i got some Kodak TMax 100 and went for a wander round london. Miserable grey wet day and i dont think i got an exposure right, but its looks like a winner once i work it out. The grain is gorgeous on this when you pixel peep, like little dimples.

Bank of England tradesmans entrance..

The smallest, tallest church ive ever seen. Round the back streets of Oxford street....

Some Welsh place behind Oxford street. Would be nice to know what it is but the sign is in welsh :(

This is why you should never stack Hitech filters with Velvia

Scan-120302-0007.jpg

Well thats ermm.. interesting! How is it in black and white lol ?

Will have to see how mine behave with velvia.

It looks ok in black and white, the exposure in the front area needs a lift but it's reasonable. Although i dont want to buy and develop velvia to convert it to black and white any more :bang:

Back