Show us yer film shots then!

Some quality colour images coming out of you guys - I too seem to be shooting more colour than black & white at the moment, must be the "summer" (I use the term very loosely).

One from me - Rolleiflex, Portra 160.

Got the results from my first roll of transparency film today (Sensia 200). The slides themselves are lovely but the prints and scans both look way too bright. Scans in particular just look pap in comparison.

Oh well, here's a picture of a van on fire.

CNV00006-3.jpg

Last edited:
So yawl didn't go to our classic car meet...:p

Between directing traffic, hanging banners and mediating ice-cream van fights, didn't have time for considered shooting, so here's a few snappers.

Colour blitz..lol

3gcYF.jpg

OFTr8.jpg

O9HoR.jpg

LEKcx.jpg

peeps just get in the way..

Anyway, I think my 2005 vintage Astia is at least a stop slow, I shot a roll of peeps pictures but the slides are so dense the scanner really struggled to produce viable images, and the colours...the colours are proper mucky..

iyGcf.jpg

xPgRE.jpg

wichard said:
Got the results from my first roll of transparency film today (Sensia 200). The slides themselves are lovely but the prints and scans both look way too bright. Scans in particular just look pap in comparison.

Oh well, here's a picture of a van on fire.

Well...I don't mind staging a shot. Not sure I'd go that far. Or was it just good fortune....

Taken with Konica Centuria 200Asa 7 years OOD.

#1 Maidstone

27730016E7.jpg

#2 Canterbury

27730031E7.jpg

#3 Canterbury

27730032E7.jpg

Rather pleased with the way this Camera performed with my old Konica film.

Here are a few from the newly aquired Pentax K1000 on Fuji Superia 200.

Hope you like!

Heather

Rosie the dog.

Pulpit

Benji the B

Benji in sun by Tigertail.ufo, on Flickr

They scanned well and look good heather, I like all 3 pictures but benji the savage, and Rosie the dog are my favourites. And the K1000 seems to be working ok..It must be a luxury having a built in meter..

These were from the 17th and last roll that I got out of that tetenal 1 ltr C-41 kit...bargain me thinks..

Steve.

First shots from my KODAK No.2 HAWK EYE - MODEL B, hell of a model number...
I think this shot is basically acceptable but I was standing too close for the cameras focus for the subjects, Opinions?

Hawkeye005 by steveo_mcg, on Flickr

Faux edit: Looks a little better at reduced resolution and probably resharpened by Flickr.

I think this shot is basically acceptable but I was standing too close for the cameras focus for the subjects, Opinions?

Faux edit: Looks a little better at reduced resolution and probably resharpened by Flickr.

Always gratifying to get a result from old gear. But you're right, the shot is sadly spoilt by being out of focus. Never easy when you've got to get it right by estimating the distance from camera to subject. Do I detect a little camera shake ?
Don't give up on it though, it's just too much fun.

Yeah camera shake is a problem in most of them, I need to work on my slow shutter breathing routine. :)

The laddie didn't help, trying to concentrate on everything else and wait on the wee bugger to look in my general direction. Think I'll find some more willing test subject's for the next roll.

Yes unfortunate to be a little OOF but at least you know the camera works and appears light tight!
There are differing minimal focusing distances for these old cameras but somewhere in the region of 10 - 12 ft generally renders an in focus shot but don't forget slow shutter speed ( 1/30 or 1/50 ish) doesn't help none in getting a sharp image when shooting handheld.

I would still be proud with the result :clap:

Cheers Asha, I'm pleased to get something from it plus I know its light proof now. I think I need some meter sticks on the ground with a willing test subject moving back for each frame and see where I get focus. Or I can just relax and stand a long way from the subject, the size of the negative I could probably get an acceptable passport shot from the moon.

Cheers Asha, I'm pleased to get something from it plus I know its light proof now. I think I need some meter sticks on the ground with a willing test subject moving back for each frame and see where I get focus. Or I can just relax and stand a long way from the subject, the size of the negative I could probably get an acceptable passport shot from the moon.

I don't know for sure if I'm going against any TP rules here ( If I am then mods please feel free to delete the link/post)

I came across this which may throw some guidance your way although it's not directly applicable to your camera model.

Just scanning a roll of Pan 100 (that i managed to successfully load and develop after god knows how many tries :p) now. In the mean time, i found a print from a disposable camera that i took years ago on a trip to Mont Blanc:

I'm sure i have more from that camera somewhere around here, might even have the negatives...

Nikon F90X, Sigma 24mm, Fuji Sensia 200Asa Slide.

SlideSensia0015E7.jpg

SlideSensia0022E7.jpg

SlideSensia0020E7.jpg

I hope you like.(y)

Especially love the church doorway! Texture and mysterious darkness, lovely. (y)

Especially love the church doorway! Texture and mysterious darkness, lovely. (y)

Thanks, that is a particularly beautiful church in Tenterden.

A few more home developed E-6 films...

Barge at sunset..Provia 100

7776108766_d223741f2f_z.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Round Bales......Velvia 100

7776109258_4d6951d84a_z.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Morning golden hour.....Velvia 100

7776108938_77345dcbd8_z.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Flowers blowing in the wind.....Velvia 50

7776109422_a3f815474b_z.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

I've come to the conclusion I am incapable of getting good shots from this camera (my hawkeye box) of a toddler. I don't think my hand is steady enough to shoot reliably at 1/30(ish) whilst waiting on the wee bugger to look my direction.

Stick to stationary targets and adults next time. Made a right coos arse of loading these negatives though, little bumps through out the roll, doesn't really show in the scan luckily.

This the best one with the wee man.

Hawkeye011 by steveo_mcg, on Flickr

And one just to see if I could get a decent shot.

Hawkeye017 by steveo_mcg, on Flickr

I think blowing them up is part of the problem, the output of this camera was probably never blown up past the negative size. They look much better at 500px.

Thanks for the replies Nguss, Steven & Mel...the single tree in the field and the wild flowers blowing in the wind are probably my favourites..

Steven, slow shutter speeds and children.. No one said it was going to be easy, keep up the good work. :) .

Steve-B, you're not helping my willpower! I really want to have a go at some Velvia now! Gorgeous shots.

A few more home developed E-6 films...

Morning golden hour.....Velvia 100

I'm amazed at the depth of field... more, the sheer range of detailed interest... in that shot, having been out in a wheatfield this very afternoon. Excellente!

Shot on a Pentax 67. Fuji Neopan 400 film

7776882558_cd0934b65a_z.jpg

7776879522_b9e9b3d9c1_z.jpg

7776877704_630cc34c0a_z.jpg

Thanks for the replies Charlotte & Chris..

Charlotte, I really like the two dogs in your set of images.

Steve.

Last edited:
Just got my first Provia 100F negs back from Steve and scanned them.

Done with a mixture of Sunny 16 and using my Weston Master V I am very pleased with them.

I can't believe the difference in how the negs look! Lovely and bright with super colours, thanks Steve.

Provia100F with Tetenal E6 development in Jobo processor.

Heather

Harting Church

Selsey Sunset

Last edited:
Really like the last one - I reckon that shot is worth trying to recreate on Velvia, and using a more accurate meter (well, that D90 is good for one thing I guess...)

Thanks Steve

Really nice images and colour looks fab on them Heather.

Back