Show us yer film shots then!

Very nice heather, I thought the church ones looked nice when I pulled them out of the tank and hung them up, but it's always nice to see them once scanned or printed .....lovely colours, was this metered with the sunny 16 rule or did you use your new old meter...

Popped over to the devils punchbowl for the first time since the A3 moved:

CNV00001.JPG

CNV00002.JPG

and one from work, loving the saturation of the greens :)
CNV00011.JPG

All expired Provia 100 (CC imaging freebie film deal) on my Rolleicord. Their scans so the slides look a touch denser/skies less blown.

Last edited:
A shot from my first roll using an Electro 35 - expired Portra 400VC, it was only a test roll but this could be one of my luckiest street shots ever.

A shot from my first roll using an Electro 35 - expired Portra 400VC, it was only a test roll but this could be one of my luckiest street shots ever.

Street shot? lucky yes, However it is just a wonderful purist shot, I like everything about it, the train the illuminated ceiling the central subjects, the fact that it is Bond street, It is a fantastic capture of our time.

Never mention the grain and never will:D

Well grabbed FC2.

The grain is quite apparent - outdated colour film, some sharpening in post and being 35mm rather than medium format all exaggerate that, but the shot is worth it to me. Still dislike handling 35mm but you can't win them all...

Thanks for the kind words though, sometimes the spontaneous shots are the most well composed (literally, pull camera to eye, focus, hit the shutter button twice).

This is a recently scanned negative although the picture itself was taken sometime in the mid to late 90's. It's a picture of my dad before his health failed.

Mamiya RB, 180mm lens on Ilford FP4 Plus.

7749247780_8ba47e8896.jpg

Have to admit, I am well impressed by the scan quality (Epson V700) I will definitely be shooting more film from now on.

puggie said:

All expired Provia 100 (CC imaging freebie film deal) on my Rolleicord. Their scans so the slides look a touch denser/skies less blown.

Is that a sculpts creeping into frame in the bottom left of the third phot? Reminds me of a piece outside the Queen Elizabeth Hall on the South Bank in London: 'Zemran' by William Pye...

Zemran by cybertect, on Flickr

[sorry, digi pic for illustrative purposes only]

This is a recently scanned negative although the picture itself was taken sometime in the mid to late 90's. It's a picture of my dad before his health failed.

Have to admit, I am well impressed by the scan quality (Epson V700) I will definitely be shooting more film from now on.

Amazing shot! Just a tad dark on my screen so would probs boost the exposure but it looks captivating. Great portrait.

Excellent portrait, he looks very pensive and there is stacks of detail in it. (y) Might be tempted to boost the exposure a touch though

Really like the last one - I reckon that shot is worth trying to recreate on Velvia, and using a more accurate meter (well, that D90 is good for one thing I guess...)

Don't want to be lugging a digi along as well as the Yash! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

The Weston Master V seems to be pretty accurate but I am limited by the settings available to me on the Yash, as everything is a stop apart. I thought I had got the exposure pretty much right on this though. :(

....and I have a roll of Velvia 50 in at the mo.....(y)

Heather

Apologies if my post was a tad ambiguous - it wasn't a veiled barb at the exposure of the Provia shot (which looks fine from the scan), more that the exposure tolerance for Velvia can be notoriously small and that the matrix meter in the digital might assist with that.

CNV00001.JPG

CNV00002.JPG

CNV00011.JPG

Love the last Bill. May I ask what size your scans were from CCI please?
As when I got my 120 Provia back they were only 400x400.
Cheers (y)

Very much like the "street kitchen" Paul....Care to divulge what camera you used?

got this, tad soft but i like it.
Provia.

7796425260_86789c288c_b.jpg

I quite like this Trevor..

Thanks Steve, BTW just love your cornfield stuff.

Heather, the aperture wheel on the Yash "free wheels" fairly easy to guesstimate half a stop if you need to.

Amazing shot! Just a tad dark on my screen so would probs boost the exposure but it looks captivating. Great portrait.

Excellent portrait, he looks very pensive and there is stacks of detail in it. (y) Might be tempted to boost the exposure a touch though

Thanks for the comments guys. It's true it is a little dark - I may try lighten it and see how it turns out and will re-post it if I like the result.

Nice low angled shot of Alfie Trevor (y)

Just wondered what the green tint is near his right paw, is it just a reflection from the foliage?

happygolucky said:
Nice low angled shot of Alfie Trevor (y)

Just wondered what the green tint is near his right paw, is it just a reflection from the foliage?

Just a weed growing through the patio. I've removed them after seeing this shot !

I have been out playing this morning, I dragged the bike out for a ride this morning and managed to remember to put the pentax mx that I have been sorting out in the pannier..It's the first time I have put any film in it since sorting it out, Any way had some fun on my bike and fired off a roll of test shots...

Pentax MX
Fomapan 200
back home and developed in rodinal and scanned on Epson v500

Thanks for looking, Steve.

Thank you Andrew, likewise I like you picture of Ceasars Camp, it has a cracking sky..

And it looks like you have had a result with CC imaging..

Cheers mate..

Yes, they were very helpful and friendly throughout. Thinking about going the "do it myself " way, but need to to more research before taking the plunge..

Cheers mate..

Yes, they were very helpful and friendly throughout. Thinking about going the "do it myself " way, but need to to more research before taking the plunge..

I have been doing my own C41 as well as E6 and B & W developing which isn't to difficult and then scanning on the Epson V500 which seems to do the job ok, in my opinion it's worth doing it yourself..

I have been out playing this morning, I dragged the bike out for a ride this morning and managed to remember to put the pentax mx that I have been sorting out in the pannier..It's the first time I have put any film in it since sorting it out, Any way had some fun on my bike and fired off a roll of test shots...

Pentax MX
Fomapan 200
back home and developed in rodinal and scanned on Epson v500

Thanks for looking, Steve.

Glad to see all your hard work with these cameras has paid off.

The Fomapan certainly has character. :D

Smashing pic of Treakle, good use of DOF to separate her from both fore and background.

Good to see the Harley out and about too.

.....oh, and nice to see the tools of my trade lying about! (without me!) :LOL:

Heather

Last edited:
Glad to see all your hard work with these cameras has paid off.

The Fomapan certainly has character. :D

Smashing pic of Treakle, good use of DOF to separate her from both fore and background.

Good to see the Harley out and about too.

.....oh, and nice to see the tools of my trade lying about! (without me!) :LOL:

Heather

Thank you heather, there still two more 35mm camera's in our colloection that are ok and just want a quick look at, a Fuji st 605 and a Pentax ME.. maybe when I get some more time free...

yep treakle is looking good and grumpy...

It was nice to get the Harley out, and as you can imagine I went for a nice sedate ride on her...and didn't thrash her once ;) but then you would know that as you have ridden tens of thousands of miles with me, and I know how gentle you ride yours..

Oh yeah tools of your trade, have you clicked on that one to open it in flickr and seen what it's called :)

Hi, I got a surprise day off work on Wednesday, I took full advantage of the sunny weather. Taken with a Yashica Mat camera, Efke IR820 film, Cokin 007 filter. Metered using sunny 16 as a start point.

efke_ir820_150812_006edit2email.jpg

Last edited:
Steve. Keep the bike shots coming. Impossible to have an excess of HOG.

wwwphil (not sure I've got that right). That is a terrific effect. I love square stuff, apparently it's hip...man...er...peace and love..

I have been doing my own C41 as well as E6 and B & W developing which isn't to difficult and then scanning on the Epson V500 which seems to do the job ok, in my opinion it's worth doing it yourself..

If I could achieve the same results as yourself I'd say it's more than worth it ;)

Hi, I got a surprise day off work on Wednesday, I took full advantage of the sunny weather. Taken with a Yashica Mat camera, Efke IR820 film, Cokin 007 filter. Metered using sunny 16 as a start point.

Interesting shot. Is that the filter making the sky so dark? (Just out of curiosity)...

Good effect Phil,

I have tried it with my D40 (digital camera) with good results, but have never tried it with film..

Its IR film with a deep red IR passing filter, so you get the deep black blue skies and white foilage from reflected IR light.

Back