Show us yer film shots then!

Simon photo said:
one from a recent trip to padstow.

shot on my trusty 35-rc through an orange filter onto fomapan 400, devved in ro9

Magical

Maybe I should stop lusting after an RD :)

Last edited:
Some lovely shots there Simon. I've only shot a few rolls of it, but I do like the results from FP4. I think I prefer it to Acros 100 in 35mm.

Some lovely shots there Simon. I've only shot a few rolls of it, but I do like the results from FP4. I think I prefer it to Acros 100 in 35mm.

Thanks very much.

Only recently got into film so not done any experimenting with different films. Went with Ilford on a recommendation.

I see no reason to change from the FP4 but I'm not convinced about HP5 for iso 400 film. Might try Kodak I think.

That Norton looks nice.

Yeah, it was beautiful.

If only I hadn't clipped the front wheel :bonk:

Really annoyed with myself.

Been up Mow Cop again Simon? Which railway line was it mate, looks interesting.

Excellent shots by the way.

Andy

Thanks Andy.

I'm not posting too many pics of Mow Cop am I?

Probably, but I love the place.

The railway is the Apedale Light Railway.

http://www.avlr.org.uk/

They do a fabulous job of restoring old engines. All voluntary and very little money.

IMG_0001-1.jpg

shot on my trusty 35-rc through an orange filter onto fomapan 400, devved in ro9
This is superb.

Last edited:
Not having a go Heather but playing around with photo's has been around for an awfully long time. I do appreciate that getting it right in camera is desirable but it's not always possible. And just in case proof was needed this is a photo of my Great-grandparents with my grandmother as a baby. My Gt Grandmother had died in giving birth which kind of explains why my Gt Grandfather is holding the baby, pretty unusual for the period. So this is an early example of photo-manipulation.

7954600264_47c500da09.jpg
[/URL]
Gt Grandparents & Grandmother by Raglansurf, on Flickr[/IMG]

So basically Photoshop for the 19th century :LOL: There's nothing new in photography, just the methods have changed.

That reminds me of a picture/scan I was given to try and restore, dunno what year it was shot but the fake painted backgrounds look strangely similar for two pictures shot on different sides of the World.
I mean, what's with the pretending window thing, like a painting from a scenery set..:shrug:

3jSqS.jpg

ZhiH0.jpg

I think the mock drawing room look was very popular in the late 1800's a bit like the stark white background look of the late 20th century studio shots :LOL:

Nice work on the restoration, it much have been quite painstaking.

That reminds me of a picture/scan I was given to try and restore, dunno what year it was shot but the fake painted backgrounds look strangely similar for two pictures shot on different sides of the World.
I mean, what's with the pretending window thing, like a painting from a scenery set..:shrug:

3jSqS.jpg

ZhiH0.jpg

Congratulations, good restoration work.

I think the mock drawing room look was very popular in the late 1800's a bit like the stark white background look of the late 20th century studio shots :LOL:

Nice work on the restoration, it much have been quite painstaking.

Congratulations, good restoration work.

It was horrific, if I ever see a clone/heal/blur stamp again in my lifetime, I'll kill myself, still have nightmares about it now.
It meant something to somebody close so it was worth doing for them.
And, I like these old family portraits, they look kinda honest even if they aren't, at least the sentiment is.

Andysnap said:
The real problems happen when you want to take a 1 person shot in the mountains, the camera may actually explode under certain situations.

Except when David Bailey is using (advertising...) it. Then it photographs those otherwise impossible situations just fine! ;)

That's a long word for you Andy, did you have to get your dictionary out for it :D

It's not as long a word as facetious or sarcastic. :razz::D

I took the newly purchased Zeiss super Ikonta 530/2 to work with me today in hope of running some film through it, The weather was not good and was a bit flat and grey but I had some fun finding out how rangefinders worked and uncovering the little red window for only enough time to wind the film on.. As soon as I was in I developed the acros 100 in rodinal ( stand developed 1 hour ) and on pulling them from the tank I was pleasantly surprised with the detail that the 6 x 9 negs gave..any I have scanned them and here a a couple of them..there were a couple of really nice images of a house that I was working on but I thought that I had better not upload those on the internet, but the detail in the shots are fantastic..

Thanks for looking..Steve.

i think i had a lucky day to be honest :LOL:
the weather was amazing all week down there, and this one day there was the thickest of fog/mists then this little old sail boat came creeping toward the harbour to dock.
got one of the outer harbour wall, makes a nice companion for the boat shot i think.

anyone who knows padstow will appreciate the quietness of these images for this time of year

These are both fantastic images, love film when it looks like this, thanks for sharing these.

Excellent work Steve, lovely detail.

Andy

Just bought 5 rolls myself Brian, looks good, I shall load one up for the weekend.

Andy

Just been scanning some older shots on my V500 to see if they are an improvement on the disc from Club 35. Quite liked this, taken on an Ensign 16-20 on Ektar. Just cropped it a bit to remove the boring parts.

2-Trees by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Cheers

Andy

Taken on a c.1910 - 1915 Kodak No2A Folding Pocket Brownie which originally used 116 film.
This shot of a local sculpture called "Arc de 115°5" was taken on 120 roll film (Adox CHS 100 ) hence the panoramic look about it.

I wasn't too sure wether the arc looks too central tbh so tried cropping it slightly more to the left in the 2nd version .....maybe neither work :shrug:

Week 32 of my 52 film challenge has another shot from the same roll along with a pic of the camera.

neg1tp.jpg

Shot at 2012-09-12

neg1tpcropped.jpg

Shot at 2012-09-12

Mmmm I like those, the 2nd one works slightly better for me.

I've got Kodak Pocket Automatic at home, must see if I can get it up and running.

Andy

Thanks Simon.

Phil; It was shot with Tri-x. Cant remember the shutter exactly. I didn't develop the film myself a local lab did. So regards to chemicals etc I have no idea.

Mmmm I like those, the 2nd one works slightly better for me.

I've got Kodak Pocket Automatic at home, must see if I can get it up and running.

Andy

Thanks Andy, yes i too am drawn more to the 2nd version tbh;

Lets see you get that Kodak up and running ...talking of which i've been very busy recently on a renovation project that I know you are personally very interested in....take a look here

I've just had a look at the re-build thread, I'm very impressed. I will definitely be trying to get mine up and running, the least I can do for the old soldier.

Andy

Taken on a c.1910 - 1915 Kodak No2A Folding Pocket Brownie which originally used 116 film.
This shot of a local sculpture called "Arc de 115°5" was taken on 120 roll film (Adox CHS 100 ) hence the panoramic look about it.

I wasn't too sure wether the arc looks too central tbh so tried cropping it slightly more to the left in the 2nd version .....maybe neither work :shrug:

Week 32 of my 52 film challenge has another shot from the same roll along with a pic of the camera.

Well done Asha it's really good to see images taken by all of these old camera's, I prefer the second one..but they are both good.. top marks..keep repairing and using them..(y)

Thanks Simon.

Phil; It was shot with Tri-x. Cant remember the shutter exactly. I didn't develop the film myself a local lab did. So regards to chemicals etc I have no idea.

Thanks, Tri-X that's the important info.

[

Well done Asha it's really good to see images taken by all of these old camera's, I prefer the second one..but they are both good.. top marks..keep repairing and using them..(y)

I feel like the male equivalent of Florence Nightingale tending to all these "wounded" cameras :D....worth it though when a result comes through and is appreciated by others (y)

First (test) film through my Voigtlander Brilliant c.1932

neg12brillianttp.jpg

Shot at 2012-09-12

neg3brilliantretouchedt.jpg

Shot at 2012-09-12

neg2brilliantretouchedt.jpg

Shot at 2012-09-12

neg1tp.jpg

Shot at 2012-09-12

Back