Show us yer film shots then!

Another one from my recent visit to Aldeburgh. Again taken with a Rolleiflex 2.8f on Ilford Delta 100

Aldeburgh Boat 001 by wickerman6, on Flickr

Now thats gorgeous..

Andy

Wow wickerman that is really nice lovely tonal range right across the photograph.

Another one from my recent visit to Aldeburgh. Again taken with a Rolleiflex 2.8f on Ilford Delta 100

Aldeburgh Boat 001 by wickerman6, on Flickr

If you wanted critic, i'm afraid i'd struggle to offer any....for me it's a quality shot.

From composure through tones to exposure and everything in between is just spot on!

Made a bit of a mess of my first roll of Pan F through the Ikonta 524. Underdeveloped by about 10% coupled with the fact many of them were underexposed in the first place meant much blocking up of shadows and a fairly noisy scan. I had been considering using it for a portrait project of some of my cycling mates but I think its a just a little slow with the unpredictable light now.

Ikonta012 by steveo_mcg, on Flickr

Ikonta009 by steveo_mcg, on Flickr

SlideSensia0003CS5_zps2977e7d3.jpg

One more from Henham Steam Rally, Suffolk.
Pentacon Six, 50mm f/4 Carl Zeiss Jena MC Flektogon, Ilford Delta 100.

Traction Engine 003 by wickerman6, on Flickr

SlideSensia0005CS5_zpsbc5b584b.jpg

Just the sort of thing our Grandchildren would delight in seeing to remind them of 'The Olden Days'

I'd like it cropped tight to the tree on the left to lose the cars, and then some off the bottom to preserve the ratio.

Just the sort of thing our Grandchildren would delight in seeing to remind them of 'The Olden Days'

I'd like it cropped tight to the tree on the left to lose the cars, and then some off the bottom to preserve the ratio.

Thank you, I will give that a go and repost.

Richard.

Well as it was too wet for work this morning I decided to have a bit of a play with camera's..

I had a image in my head, now it might not be to everyones or even anybodies taste but it came out exactly as I had pictured it in my head.

I did take the exact same shot in digital at the same time( but better not upload into this thread).. maybe I will upload them both in a different thread if anyone wants to see the difference between the film and the digital shot..

This image was taken using a mamiya 645 pro, Acros film and stand developed in rodinal at 1:100

Thanks for looking, Steve.

Last edited:
Good shot, its great when you picture a shot in your mind and manage to produce it. When you upload the digital version please put a link here, Thanks.

Oh, Great. Yeah, thanks....just when I thought having two square shooters was enough....bugger...

You may remember that I picked up a Fed2 on fleabay to satisfy my yearnings to both try film and to also try a rangefinder. After three shredded films I spotted a rivet standing proud on the fixings for the pressure plate. One inch of electricians tape later we had a fix and i was able to shoot, (and more to the point - rewind and extract), my first roll of poundland special film.

Not my best ever photograph but the best yet on film.

Although snappy snaps chiswicks idea of a hi res negative scan is a shockingly compressed jpeg (1228 x 1818 and 800k in size, looks like it was printed on sandpaper and scanned by an office photo copier). Never mind this was supposed to be a test roll.

Cotswolds Cottages by Tequila-Mockingbird, on Flickr

erm Matt is your front door on fire, or light leak or bad processing causing the fog in the doorway...as the shot doesn't look right to me?

excalibur2 said:
erm Matt is your front door on fire, or light leak or bad processing causing the fog in the doorway...as the shot doesn't look right to me?

I am guessing on lens flare, apparently the imdustar 26 is quite famous for it.

I did a second round of Ektar development at the weekend and scanned one of the rolls last night. First impressions are that the colours are much better when the temperature is controlled a bit better. Second impressions are that I really need to use my Pentax 50mm 1.4 more:
20120925103138_scan-120924-0014.jpg

20120925103438_scan-120924-0028.jpg

As regards to a previous comment. Is it a waste of time showing film shots here as it's been pointed out that they are digital files?

Personally It still film to me, but I noticed one member complaining they were not technically film?

Thanks for throwing a spanner in the works :clap:

Last edited:
There was me minding my own business with a a dozen rolls to be deved,hey ho..
Looks like this thread is dead :shrug:

As regards to a previous comment. Is it a waste of time showing film shots here as it's been pointed out that they are digital files?

Personally It still film to me, but I noticed one member complaining they were not technically film?

Thanks for throwing a spanner in the works :clap:

:agree:

Shame that people who don't post pictures can have such an effect.

Heather

Even with my inexperienced eye, and even when digitised on a cheap scanner, I can see a different quality between film shots and digital.

I'm not saying better, just different. A difference I like.

So F&C is dead? Nooooooooooo :nono: Was joking I have only recently got into film and really enjoy this thread, bloody killjoys :razz:

So F&C is dead? Nooooooooooo :nono: Was joking I have only recently got into film and really enjoy this thread, bloody killjoys :razz:

No not dead, the killjoys that like to point out that we are just uploading digital images will probably go away soon and find another thread to stir up...

Phew!

That's that sorted then.

Keep calm and carry on. ;)

I'm hip and I don't care cos I shoot square, if you don't like it am I bothered? :naughty:

Edit: not aimed at you Simon, just that clogged spanner..

Last edited:
Back