Show us yer film shots then!

Cheers Andy...... I shot the same scenes with the Paxette and the Brownie only to find that the 100+ year old camera offered better results! That said the Paxette is a new toy and this was the first roll through it so user error and all that.

As for G'osh, It's Paul ( alias Mr Bump) who came up with the "word of praise" ( see back up this page) , but yes it could well become the standard comment for a cracking shot.

Cheers Andy...... I shot the same scenes with the Paxette and the Brownie only to find that the 100+ year old camera offered better results! That said the Paxette is a new toy and this was the first roll through it so user error and all that.

As for G'osh, It's Paul ( alias Mr Bump) who came up with the "word of praise" ( see back up this page) , but yes it could well become the standard comment for a cracking shot.

So we now have G'osh for a stunner, and Holley'd for one where you fluffed it

Again, No 1 from the Paxette, No 2 from the No2A FP Brownie.

Not sure that the low down pov with the Brownie works tbh....stood up was too high, the ideal composure was in a crouched position but I couldn't keep still to get an unblurred result with the fixed 1/50 speed so onto my knees I went. Surprisingly the Brownie has no tripod fixing point.

y78o.jpg

11tj.jpg

Like them Asha, I think the first is better, not sure about the panorama this time.

A dreamy look from a Vivitar 24mm f2 wide open...I reckon it's because of flare....h'mm maybe Lloyds film (made in the EU) :)

Crop

Last edited:
Osh, Ariel and Asha.

What great diverse photo,s from all three of you and for many different reasons all a credit to F&C. Thank you all for posting. Great to see.

Ilford HP4 125.

I've actually taken this shot before! But at different times of the year and with different films and camera's. Such a great location although now I feel like I've over done it. This was really just to test out my 6x6 capabilites with a new camera. A "test" shot that I just rather like!

tumblr_mqgfesE2FS1qg6hxeo1_500.jpg

Last edited:
Like them Asha, I think the first is better, not sure about the panorama this time.

Cheers Steveo.....One thing I could to do in future is to accuratley calculate the FoV for using 120 film in 116 format cameras and then blank off the area of the viewfinder as it's often difficult to judge where the cut off line is and of course the image in the viewer is inverse so top is bottom on the film! All part of the fun but darned frustrating when a lapse of thought buggers up a shot.

Osh, Ariel and Asha.

What great diverse photo,s from all three of you and for many different reasons all a credit to F&C. Thank you all for posting. Great to see.

Thank you Richard...Glad you like!

I'm planning on picking up some colour 120 film now that, thanks to lots of help from you guys on TP, I've "mastered" :D 35mm C-41. Much as i like b&w, those montain scenes deserve some colour I think.

Brian: That's pretty good for a wide open F2 shot .....acceptable to me anyway.

Eric: The "simpleness" of the shot appeals to me very much.

Have you tried shooting from a much lower angle, sort of through the furrows?....could make for an interesting result...there again I'm probably talking ****** :D

Brian: That's pretty good for a wide open F2 shot .....acceptable to me anyway.

:D

Well Asha it's useful lens for the "dreamy" look for old cottages in sunshine :) h'mm what other idiot with a 24mm lens would go around shooting scenes wide open on a sunny day :LOL:

Again, No 1 from the Paxette, No 2 from the No2A FP Brownie.

Not sure that the low down pov with the Brownie works tbh....stood up was too high, the ideal composure was in a crouched position but I couldn't keep still to get an unblurred result with the fixed 1/50 speed so onto my knees I went. Surprisingly the Brownie has no tripod fixing point.

y78o.jpg

11tj.jpg

Very Nice timeless feel to these shots, very evocative indeed

A dreamy look from a Vivitar 24mm f2 wide open...I reckon it's because of flare....h'mm maybe Lloyds film (made in the EU) :)

Crop

Brian, I very much like these, they are like IR but without the daft colours!

Ilford HP4 125.

I've actually taken this shot before! But at different times of the year and with different films and camera's. Such a great location although now I feel like I've over done it. This was really just to test out my 6x6 capabilites with a new camera. A "test" shot that I just rather like!

tumblr_mqgfesE2FS1qg6hxeo1_500.jpg

This has a beautiful simplicity to it , a really classic composition, I'd be happy to have that hanging on my wall, very nice work. There is something oh so very satifying about a well composed 6X6 image.

Well, shooting a dimly lit church with no chimping has reminded me to think more about exposure! Pretty awful B&W development and scan from mainstream lab here...but look ok-ish after some curves tweaking.

Thse are really nice monochrome images, almost a short photo essay, that is clearly a stunner of a lens too!

Loving the Paxette/Brownie stuff Asha, very nice.

Brian thats a very strange effect but I really like it.

Eric, I also like this, simple but it works. It puts me in mind of the simplicity of a Gursky shot but in b&w.

Andy

Here are a couple from the Isle of Skye (Mamiya 7ii, 80mm lens, Lee 0.6 Hard Grad ND filter):

The Cuillin, Isle of Skye by osh rees, on Flickr

The Quiraing, Isle of Skye (Velvia) by osh rees, on Flickr

My giddy aunt, these are stunning! Osh as others have stated you set a very high bar indeed, film shooting at its finest. Great colour, compostion and some other secret ingredients that ellude me in my pedestrian shooting. Keep these coming, they are quite inspring and testify to the supremacy of our chosen medium. Much respect and admiration!!

Sorry about the multiple quote posts, I have been away and am just catching up. And my goodness haven't people been busy!

My giddy aunt, these are stunning! Osh as others have stated you set a very high bar indeed, film shooting at its finest. Great colour, compostion and some other secret ingredients that ellude me in my pedestrian shooting. Keep these coming, they are quite inspring and testify to the supremacy of our chosen medium. Much respect and admiration!!

Indeed Osh sets a high standard that shows film is still great.

Loving the Paxette/Brownie stuff Asha, very nice.

Andy

Very Nice timeless feel to these shots, very evocative indeed

Thank you for your kind words.

The area is called L'Authion approx 60 km drive from Nice.

It offers a superb 360° panorama....the higher mountains to the north as in my shots, Italian border to the east, rows of mountains/valleys to the west towards the Var region and the Cote d'Azur coastline ( including Nice) to the south.

Some fantastic landscape shots to be had ....could do with osh up there! :D

Brian, I very much like these, they are like IR but without the daft colours!

Well Adrian I'm glad you like it.......on this forum, it's nice to know that sharpness and digital squeaky clean results, take 2nd place in deciding if someone likes a shot.

Golden sun rays through trees even in b&w look beautiful....Nice result Trevor!

Top shot Trev, really like this one.

Andy

Another couple from me.
This time through a tiny No 0 Box brownie that takes 127 film.
Shot on OOD Efke 100 film.
Semi stand dev in Rodinal

This first one is quite a surprise really as i truly did not expect it to come out as well as it has.
The mist/haze was beginning to gather in the valleys as the day was nearing its end....the scene was beautiful to the eye and i'm delighted to have captured a fraction with such a basic camera.

Uploaded with ImageShack.com

From the same roll,this is a snapshot of my better half attempting to take a shot of me with a Coronet midget ( she failed miserably!! :D) whilst at a vide grenier ( french equivalent to a UK car boot sale) last weekend.

Posted it simply to show what can be obtained from such simple ( and old) gear.
The No 0 Box brownie was manufactured for over 20 years from 1914 through to 1935.
Offering results like these, one can see why it was so popular in its day.

The Coronet Midget (circa 1932) mentioned above was loaded with a length of Kodak Tri X 16mm Reversal movie Film Expired AUG 1964 !!

Here is one ( again at the Vide grenier) of a couple of friends who had a stand ( not the one i got my new toy from i might add! :D)

A few scratches etc, but hey, 80 year old camera and nearly 50 year old film spooled onto minute metal spools with backing paper in a changing bag....it's not such a bad effort is it??

The Coronet Midget (circa 1932) mentioned above was loaded with a length of Kodak Tri X 16mm Reversal movie Film Expired AUG 1964 !!

Here is one ( again at the Vide grenier) of a couple of friends who had a stand ( not the one i got my new toy from i might add! :D)

A few scratches etc, but hey, 80 year old camera and nearly 50 year old film spooled onto minute metal spools with backing paper in a changing bag....it's not such a bad effort is it??

http://imageshack.com/i/jaro2bj/Uploaded with ImageShack.com

Love this and your previous 2 images. I'm in awe of what you achieve with some of this old gear Asha.

Nick, Andy, Mark, Adrian, Asha.

Thanks very much. Had a bit of a wobble about 35mm. Over it now..my Nikons have got a reprieve.

Yep, that gets a G'osh from me Scott. lovely, I really need to have another try with slide film, I gave up to easily last time.

Love this and your previous 2 images. I'm in awe of what you achieve with some of this old gear Asha.

Cheers Trevor.

Much as i love messing about with old gear and manipulating film to obtain a shot, there are without doubt times when it becomes frustrating.....Praise from TP'ers like yourself is what gets me past those glitches. The cameras appreciate it too cos they get to see mediteranean sunshine! :D

Cheers Trevor.

Much as i love messing about with old gear and manipulating film to obtain a shot, there are without doubt times when it becomes frustrating.....Praise from TP'ers like yourself is what gets me past those glitches. The cameras appreciate it too cos they get to see mediteranean sunshine! :D

I wanna come back as one of your cameras..

Back