Show us yer film shots then!

OK, second film is done and developed, here's a selection from the garden centre, scanned last night.

I know there's no sky - but there was no sky when I took the shot either... and I confess to being a bit of a tree person anyway.

12-9-2009_004.jpg

This just a fence around the pond...

12-9-2009_033.jpg

... and another pile of pots!

12-9-2009_032.jpg

Arthur

Last edited:
Nice glow from those little cameras... maybe I need to look closer!

Arthur

It's Chinese FP4=copy stuff called Era, developedin ID-11 for about 18 minutes 1:3 solution. I am thinking I don't like it so will move on to something else - but I got another 8 rolls to use up first!

Arthur

From the first roll of b&w film i've ever shot and only the second film to be put through my Nikon F5.

4175447740_3459799b8a_o.jpg

Not to the standard of everything else here but I loved the tones in this (they're far better in print).

Ilford XP2 for those wondering.

Very nice, both have nice framing but it's #1 for me here - I like the hesitance.

Shot from Triggerhappy (did I just type that?) is excellent also, not often you get a still life with someone in it!

Arthur

I love that tree, the filter really worked well there. Maybe I better dig my colour filters out, I never even thought (or was that "completely forgot") about them for film work...

Arthur

Thanks. :)

Quick question, does out of date film cause it to have more saturation? I've convinced myself that the reds definitely weren't that bright. :shrug:

Depends on how long out of date it was and how it was stored. Chances are its due to how it was scaned I think, did you do it yourself?

Ekimeno, 1&2 are good. Think 2 would have been nice if it weren't for the smaller bush. I would be tempted to clone it out

Last edited:
Anyone know how long you can store a film after use without developing?
i had one back recently after 4-5 years storage and all pics seriously undrexposed, me or the film?
Here's a couple of oldies.

Sorry, post wasn't very clear, the pics are just some old prints of mine to go with the show us your shots thread, the ones in my question are almost completly blacked out!!

If they're black then they're over not under exposed. Perhaps they weren't stored in a light tight environment:shrug:

Last edited:
Oink_by_Beckar.jpg

Here's one I developed myself, so blame me for the poor quality ): haha. I thought it was cute :D
& yes I think that squiggly white line is some kinda watermark or scratch. Who knows.. lets just say it adds to the retro effect ;] hahaa

Three more - one relatively recent, one from maybe 10 years ago, and one from nearer 20...

Recent

Not So Recent

Positively Ancient...

the last one was scanned from the print - can't seem to find the neg's for it anywhere :shrug:

Really nice set of shots, Mono is top's for me(y)
Quick question, i may sound like i'm from the dark ages with this, if i use a neg scanner to scan the negs doe's it hten apear on sreen as a pic? rather than looking like a neg?
Another pic to continue the thread

Quick question, i may sound like i'm from the dark ages with this, if i use a neg scanner to scan the negs doe's it hten apear on sreen as a pic? rather than looking like a neg?

Most scanners that have transparency scanning capabilities come with software that lets you set the source type - eg Colour or Mono, Negative or Slide. Come even are calibrated to particular film types, allowing you to say it was Velva 50 Slide or FP4+ BnW Negative. The sotware then spits out a file which is a positive representation, usually pretty close to the finished article. I personally tend to scan my files with no sharpening done by the scanning software, and pull the files into CS4 for any shrpening or minor colour level tweaks that are needed to get the screen version to look like the slide appears on the lightbox.

Nice shot, but I'd try shooting/scanning it again a bit flatter as there are parts of the negative which are out of focus.

Yeah, you're right. There's something funky going on at the edges :LOL:. I intend to get 3 or 4 of the photos scanned anyway so will repost when I do that. :)

Managed to find the negatives for that Boat and Castle shot... One upside of it snowing all morning...

Still has it's problems, there's a bit of a scar on the neg. which shows up pretty badly when it's scanned. It's also got it's share of spots and dot's but i've cleaned most of 'em up.

Biggerer version

Much nicer colour there - well worth the digging around to find it I reckon.

Arthur

PS - just got a film in the pot now from the Canon Demi, new seals, hope it's OK!

Cheers Arthur, I have to say I'm pretty happy with it myself. Even remembered where it was taken - Castle Stalker from near Portnacroish.

Ekimeno - what can I say about those colours... Wowser!!!

I'll play...

N002L-lowres.jpg

Bronica ETRS with Ilford HP5+ (actually past its 'use by' date - and not refrigerated!)

Scanned by my local developers, Photographique in Bristol.

ekimeno,
Great colours and amazing light.

jamesb84,
Very cool shot, took me a while to work out what is going on!

TheBigYin,
Lovely image, the mountains make it for me.

I have a film waiting at home which I am very excited about scanning just need to wait until I go home on christmas eve before I can see it!!

Back