Show us yer film shots then!

And another... what is he doing?????

A bit more panoramic this time and on the Wista from a different angle, this was about 3 minutes before the heavens opened, I just managed to get all the kit back in the bag before it got soaked.

Storm Front 3 pano by Andy, on Flickr

I think I prefer this one but it needs a bit more work before I get it printed.
That's my favourite... so far! (y)

That's my favourite... so far! (y)

Yes, it's much better than the non-pano version I think (though I have no idea why!). Well done Mr S.

(And look at Andy using two different LF cameras at the one shoot! ;) )

I think the background of modern industrial structures makes the story a gazillion times more interesting.

Yep, that was what I was going for. ;)

Loving these Andy :)

May have to change the thread title to 'Andy shows us his superb film shots!' :)

Loving these Andy :)

May have to change the thread title to 'Andy shows us his superb film shots!' :)

Luck played a big part, right place at the right time with some interesting weather conditions, however I am also bloody brilliant :D

Brian, shut that door on your way out.

:)

il_570xN.1071104069_gdfu.jpg

@Andysnap They are very good Andy but contrary to other opinions, I prefer the b&w version with colour one being very close behind.

I know you haven't asked for crit so tell me to s*d off it you want:p but the pano one, doesn't appeal in the same way as the others…..it's too busy with the backgound imo and the lighthouse too central ( for me!) in the scene.

Just my opinion of course so ignore it:p and go print all three and mount them on your lounge; kitchen and bedroom walls!;):D

I exercised my Pentax MZ-5 (with sigma 28-80 f3.5-5.6 lens) last Sunday. The weather was dull with a bland overcast sky, so light was rubbish. Ilford FP4. There were a few shots that were worth a second look though:

20181104-MZ5-FP4-LakewithWillow by Lindsay Pennell, on Flickr

20181104-MZ5-FP4-River by Lindsay Pennell, on Flickr

I like the first shot most Lindsey, I like the dark foreground and the lighter background it works well

Well it wasn't even taken on armistice day and was testing a 135mm Sonnar and looking at the shot again I should have used it wide open to blur the background..anyway it was the only shot I could find for the occasion : -
kX38D7b.jpg

Last edited:
Really nice shot Richard

That's terrific, Richard, and impressive placement of that tree, which I struggled to incorporate. Which day was that, @medwaygreen ?

That's terrific, Richard, and impressive placement of that tree, which I struggled to incorporate. Which day was that, @medwaygreen ?

Thank you Chris, This was taken on the Wednesday afternoon,around 15.00 hrs.

Inspired by Andy, here's one of mine from New Brighton too :)

5vHRDnO.jpg

And a couple from a random walkabout with the dog. All shot on HP5+ the below 2 images were shot on a Bronica I had borrowed for the day.

40ANk7f.jpg

jjKXyed.jpg

I've never been to New Brighton when the sea has been like that, a lovely shot.

@medwaygreen Spot on Richard, lovely composition.

Back