Show us yer film shots then!

Haven't shared anything here for a while, or uploaded to Flickr for that matter. I miss my Hasselblad. I love the 67ii, but it doesn't do it for me as much as the Hassy did. Considering switching back and I would have a little cash to spare too, now I have seen what good 67ii's go for. Can't seem to part with it, though.

Here's one from the 67 in Portugal. Kodak Ektar 100 or course.

Got the roll back from filmdev already. Couple of OK shots. Over exposed a bit by the look of it and my range finder focussing skills are still a bit iffy. Best of the bunch below.

000074990004.jpg

000074990010.jpg

Image clarity is rather good though.

A couple of years ago, I bought a large box of photographic bibs and bobs from eBay. In the box, but not of any great interest, as I already had two, was a bulk film loader. I recently found that there was a roll of film in it. So, for our holiday last October, I took a couple of cassettes of Ilford FP4 film, expired in 1981, along with my Zorki 4 and Voigtlander Vito CLR rangefinder cameras.

The film was not at its best, for some reason, but I found a number of subjects that used the high grain and [poor dynamic range I was left with. Here are a few of the results (they have been through Lightroom and Affinity Photo).

From my Zorki 4 (Voigtlander pictures in the next post):
Porthgain harbour
PorthGain (3).jpg

Lincoln Cathedral
PorthGain (18).jpg

Ive not posted for a little while as Ive not shot much film lately. My partners daughter wanted some pics taking for a project. I shot mostly digital but finished a roll of film off I had in My Mamiya C330f. I need to practice more with it some shots I like and some seem to be a little of the mark. I adjusted the contrast a little on this one so she could use it on her project.39846423483_ddae51e68a_h.jpg

This is just bloomin stunning! It should be printed big, framed and be on a wall.

Thanks Nick. I think I'll go back and shoot this scene again - maybe at sunrise - sometime. I think it will work nicely in a variety of conditions. It's right beside the road too, but I had to shoot it over a wall. Just need to figure out how to get on the other side of the wall - it's definitely possible as several cyclists rode past on that side while I was setting up the shot. :)

46122853064_526ffb10d5_b.jpg

Contax G1/45mm | T-Max 400 | Xtol(r)

Saw the group shots as well Chris, and you must be pleased with the way the processing has turned out. I've bought a Tetenal E6 kit for later in the year and will be pleased if they turn out as well as your C41 shots. (y)

Thanks @Peter B, I was frankly amazed that I got anything at all from the C41 but obviously I managed to mix the soup and get the temperature and timings fairly close. There's more to come :)

Remember it's Abstract and Odd for FPOTY next month! ;)
I've got a couple of others from there but I've got something very odd in mind for next month - it'll probably go down like a lead balloon though :eek:

One of the first from my new-to-me Contax RTS, fitted with Yashica 28mm ML f2.8 lens. Shot on Fomapan 200, processed and scanned by AG Photographic (very quick turn-round - film only sent away on Tuesday) and tweaked in Lightroom. Oh, and photo-bombed by Mistletoe the JRT!

Watery Lane, Settle by Stephen Lee, on Flickr

One of the first from my new-to-me Contax RTS, fitted with Yashica 28mm ML f2.8 lens. Shot on Fomapan 200, processed and scanned by AG Photographic (very quick turn-round - film only sent away on Tuesday) and tweaked in Lightroom. Oh, and photo-bombed by Mistletoe the JRT!

Watery Lane, Settle by Stephen Lee, on Flickr

Liking that Stephen. (Mistletoe makes the image for me TBH - hope she was given a 'modelling fee' or Scooby snack!) (y)

Last edited:
Liking that Stephen. (Mistletoe makes the image for me TBH - hope she was given a 'modelling fee' or Scooby snack!) (y)
Thanks Fraser. Mistletoe wasn’t best pleased at being dragged down a muddy lane. That look was a “not another photo, Dad!” look.

Finally sorted the first batch from the bargain "faulty" Mamiya 645 Pro which turned out to be easy to fix.

Experimenting with Provia 100F in low light

R5NE9JdLBTTZ1scv3aDJ8o5KVNc8ytOlEWye2S3Fawi7EFWr-4n4nGeSNrMHLEfxqE9po9z9NiN2ALwk_DeGEbcSp7oeDUbPyk92OEFNnIPxH6oqENuwmpNoDD5CfxnnnU0vgkA4DOea012MYQIAgVr0t5M_a0XdlwBwcdubkBukv0xZDNbJZyI3LDWj-MtjkvFG0OFxQ6R4UTaoJnh7A9wbTv11fVV9w8VRoic78Fk63SoIx4bRxFIfQwATDURNbtwmavAiyQ_NBoFLYljImAWa_pX_IuyI2NhYr8SNlZ1MqmECLoUJE3ZlM3hjzTMdS8QbjJfLaMwxzAnzie2EORrskwdgnNfkDt5ZpYoODa_aamtNAPFlsS3ZKTVg4rh56VPrQtBxxiLJw9-Jn1moXiPKOP81BHKRaqLX6BhXiazV3DhVbE1KiaSVwMA5iSUck8gZhuPQU7z9DQAlubWOZdwmAGHckJyqZ1YBJbV_Shaoox9rz4dRL-IfsEv-mppUhlH7_ofjdmUMN-ugLnvyiR5fvoAMXE8wM6nWziVzXBqPMKqzt3pa1UKHjR4at93yvA1rY2_QO1DMQkNMSmJE1gFvo8Y5j-zIamqrUxUet40MrIAKcV4bTKknH7Pm5goQCvYAMxQhYI9A84CVeT8cd_dZ8qdZJJDL_WMwAjOXJX3EA7bApOxd3LHAWB_w4tCO3wA09oC579pB=w1200-no

WxtpTSkrQ9nogS7Bn164OrBcDVnHJ0nOnrx0ssPRUyywaXklKCPGOLVXG37uLAO29OPoxujpurbZDtWTea4qnDg4Ne23EVyCujqBL5iT-MipGeEUIHtW-BcHUt8wdKEkE-uu6bKk1cXvLf86ObJfYhmC7uNkHB23v_8JqrT3utBI4mqg5t82mFUS1L0OXzusZPPli7A7dZHCnCqzB_-wdbtGCYiD5YrSVegti6uvuKK80fkCG2Yy-QHBsy16lBVbawGeWHg5WrG6P_qYIXzmScmhTLeViux3-2albwEo3zqFnPztjFhCuN8QKKgHb9WjJ4tdw_QO-I8s_Q3Uqikb39lsj9CRPbR-qjmP294yuaBSPicPYrJty52kQElwuYkQst52mj7UPYjYx4LM3YSry1dLHCaiU0eKF2nfRD18dP84dMHhXsbWYw06plViWlZDMya3IY2w9p_7pLiRuF_Sa5vVKuU329mgJMH2PIg62yAk95EqOceZU2rD4SRN0wF9NvChezIF3D_zxWP-HeEarq7yeIeb7aSIXpbEIDeeKvK6pvBZzc_Y8pa7O3U8asFAvNP4b9nJSRdvxMttbpYLHwxPTatBCi_1kB68rwtulliyWjVNh54BrckSNG7B2HCN0gk0J-A5QQEmIPGdTldqcRqq2N6e9O1zmTURu7T90xYE-5MvrAa4-Ih-A1Ui85FffkDD9n_vA0wu=w1200-no

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/xfN9JqasdpVCBwc0XyMlvLgFFvtQR-100IhiaB4u__QBeunWwIfcaIY4tcucCe-0OXGXJhTgVu9mLz5P86-HMY2ar7dY5sL-ABR7afNdXuc_R-6zSUgJ1Sfx7p8AKDwsfno5yuUJZlMTnLrRnWMCO_LzLY_vGBALJu6ZzYX-rwFtCoVt5juHSlzFEQPzBFfvvnqoTGSUOpyuazRR2QUSLWyXPGhWb9wR8fVX2g0w8YfFISMKDI7F6QnYp7icxykuLF_VuKzWA1zNKNaPpTCgKW2F2jQHkNIUZDeHW1_yZELEpLY5FuJGuubUVyAQpfPxvI_HaOPT5-ReEX6Vs1gUup0-nIgDw1S_G4nvbRdRWAtkt9gpArRAkiiu9VQQBI2g3hZeG13hAQU3A8ePfwd1FrOjzSPAMAdLIkN7KAnKiCtia9QOB7RI-BpuCsBWVGefH1TGJnpwXxTW40L2BsaOOc_-fNWUnhZDdCOGfGKmfOjD60bjGKcfdJWNWdLEDVcj_ibi60bi30ANVlx0N4TO83k4CSHh7WJ3dKRaWFONhWNZcYbdrIJZIwqAbY3mmverXVSmCRCo32ACM9_r_g8Fj49DdYjPrULrQUzi31x_ZYMaO2RSaCAx1m1o0VGpctyAcuFGxKfwuoBG8fcKdFQR6D7zck6iu4thMYb7ICa2_HLVETz2J9aG-AytGPCjbMet3l1uOVwf5UGVL=w1200-no

These are just beautiful!

Thanks, glad you like them. I entered the top one in the open category of the member's competition in the photo club I'm a member of. A qualified judge scores the images and this managed the second lowest score of the evening. The judge claimed that the negative space at the top of the image needed to be cropped out and awarded it a measly 14 points. I think my Oscars face may have slipped somewhat... :LOL:

Reactions: Jao
I managed to get two(!) shots in Flickr Explore today, which is nice (although, to temper my excitement, when I look at Explore I feel that I could get in ther most days if only I took lots of photos of HGVs and commercial airliners stood on the tarmac. Or fancy-dressed dolls. :D). Anyway, these are my Explored photos:

Nikon F80
Nikkor 28-80mm f/3.5-5.6 AF
Fomapan 400
(both photos)

FILM - Bleakness
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

FILM - Waiting for the flesh to return

I managed to get two(!) shots in Flickr Explore today, which is nice (although, to temper my excitement, when I look at Explore I feel that I could get in ther most days if only I took lots of photos of HGVs and commercial airliners stood on the tarmac. Or fancy-dressed dolls. :D). Anyway, these are my Explored photos:

Nikon F80
Nikkor 28-80mm f/3.5-5.6 AF
Fomapan 400
(both photos)

FILM - Bleakness

FILM - Waiting for the flesh to return
The first one is very Peter Brooke. I like it a lot.

Back