Show us yer film shots then!

Another trip to Arundel in early April this year with the RB67 Ilford HP5 & 50mm combo..

Arundel Castle West Suusex by Anthony JC, on Flickr

Arundel Castle Perimeter Wall by Anthony JC, on Flickr

Arundel Cathedral West Sussex by Anthony JC, on Flickr

Antony

Those Sekor lenses are just so pin sharp!

I used to like the results from my RZ even if the 6x7 format was a tad too square for my liking ( when it came to composure) and the camera was far from light ( says he who shoots 5x4 :thinking:)

Got a Sprocket Rocket for my birthday. Ran a roll of Rollei 400 IR through it today. 7.5 min in Rodinal 1+25. It has a whole bunch of bad things about it, but 18 panos on a roll of 35mm isn't to be sneezed at.

Sprocket Rocket Test Print
by Ian, on Flickr

I'm glad you had; I can't know what the colours would have been, but I suspect I wouldn't have liked the (to my mind) unnecessary addition.

On average Nige (Fishyfish) how much film do you shoot in a month ? You seem to have an endless amount of shots.

On average Nige (Fishyfish) how much film do you shoot in a month ? You seem to have an endless amount of high quality shots.

Fixed. Also curious.

It varies, but probably averages at around a roll a week (35mm or 120). I had four rolls processed at the same time a week or so back so have loads of stuff to go through and my recent posts on here are from that batch - I don’t tend to upload everything at once though, and there are loads of shots on my Flickr account that I don’t put on here because I feel a bit like I’m flooding the place.

I’m generally happy with a good percentage of the photos from each roll, but sometimes wonder if I just have low standards, so don’t want to be posting a load of what might be ‘crap’ either (although the shots I don’t think are good don’t go on my Flickr account in the first place).

I’ve got a roll of HP5 almost finished at present from a compact I’ve been testing (not to see if it works - I know it does - but to see what the quality of the results are), plus a half finished roll of Provia that I started yesterday and might finish over the weekend. Also half a roll of XP2 in the disposable for the disposable camera challenge, but that’ll probably take a few more weeks to finish off.

If I go out with the specific purpose of taking photographs I can easily get through a roll or more at a time. I’m pretty prolific with the number of photos I take, but I have few other vices that I spend my money on, so what the hey. :)

Last edited:
wonder if I just have low standards

You're having a laugh with us aren't you?!!!!

Regardless of format, I very much struggle to get the quality results like what you are posting on here.

The fact that you manage to obtain so many at a high standard is a credit to you.

They are a delight to view Nige even if I do sometimes feel a tad envious of your abilities.

I look forward to your next batch…….

I think you photos are of a really high standard Nige,I follow you on Flickr as well so will see the ones that are not posted on here.

but sometimes wonder if I just have low standards
You certainly don't, I'm always impressed by the number of of really good photos you achieve, it seems like I get as many good shots in a year as you get in a week.

Just to show how good Nigels images are, compare this one from me against his!

Saying that, this was shot on 35mm Ektachrome 400 asa dated 1982 , rated at asa 50 asa to allow for it's age, cross processed in HC-110 semi stand development.
V700 scan,
Fair amount of crop and a light sharpening.

Sans titre-1 Retouched  TP.jpg

Trip to LONDON Tate Britain for the Sir Don McCullin Exhibition ( Finished now) . I took Hasselblad 501CM loaded with 1993 dated ORWO NP22 which I wanted to finish up. 'Heavy Load' to carry on a Hot Day > I show a few of the snaps i took. i processed Film in my Home-made Crawley Formula FX-4 1+1 for 7.5 mins @ 20oC and scanned with Canon 9000F Mk II + FastStone Image Viewer.
The Sir Don McCullin exhibition in Tate Britain, Millbank, London -- fantastic!! Prints from his ORIGINAL Negs done by him. His 35mm war photos done in difficult conditions were 'Grainless' on the enlargements -- all his print quality was faultless -- wonder what Paper and Paper developer he used ? .Photo shows visitor admiring what must be his most famous War Photo of the Battle-Weary US Marine in Vietnam. I tried 1.15th @ f2.8 but neg was still 'Thin' as lighting was 'subdued' .
Don McCullin.jpg
London 16.jpgLondon 17.jpg

Just to show how good Nigels images are, compare this one from me against his!

Saying that, this was shot on 35mm Ektachrome 400 asa dated 1982 , rated at asa 50 asa to allow for it's age, cross processed in HC-110 semi stand development.
V700 scan,
Fair amount of crop and a light sharpening.

View attachment 244220

H'mm that's quite good for a box brownie ;) :exit:

Trip to LONDON Tate Britain for the Sir Don McCullin Exhibition ( Finished now

Just in case anybody was hoping to see this fantastic exhibition the last day is actually tomorrow 6th May and there are a few slots left throughout the day. Don’t just turn up though as it’s unlikely you’ll get in.

You're having a laugh with us aren't you?!!!!

Regardless of format, I very much struggle to get the quality results like what you are posting on here.

The fact that you manage to obtain so many at a high standard is a credit to you.

They are a delight to view Nige even if I do sometimes feel a tad envious of your abilities.

I look forward to your next batch…….
I think you photos are of a really high standard Nige,I follow you on Flickr as well so will see the ones that are not posted on here.
You certainly don't, I'm always impressed by the number of of really good photos you achieve, it seems like I get as many good shots in a year as you get in a week.

Thanks guys, that means a lot to me. :)

I don't process my own film, so some of the credit goes to the folks at Peak Imaging and Filmdev for their good work. My job is to point the box at something, fiddle with the knobs, and press the button, and then tweak the result on my computer.

Last edited:
The official start of the Pennine Way (I went no further than thi, in case you're wondering - although I had spent the past three hours ascending and descending hills on the other side of Edale).

Yashica Mat 124 G
Fomapan 100

FILM - The Old Nag's Head
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

So that's a negative, then :exit:

I'm not sure why you'd assume that, since it's also black and white. However, I prefer the first one for the following reasons:

1. The crop on the right hand side makes the image slightly less well balanced.
2. The lightening that's taken place above the stair reduces the mystery - the darker area is better to my eyes.
3. The brickwork above/part of the steps has more texture in the original.
4. I prefer the darker shade of the sky seen through the railings top right.
5. The obvious difference which I've come to last is the missing blur of the traffic (I assume?). The original is better for having it in.

Edit to add - I don't normally make comments in this thread, so this was purely a one off; but I thought in this case I should give my reasons. Note that I didn't originally say why I thought the mono version would be probably an improvement on the colour.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why you'd assume that, since it's also black and white. However, I prefer the first one for the following reasons:

1. The crop on the right hand side makes the image slightly less well balanced.
2. The lightening that's taken place above the stair reduces the mystery - the darker area is better to my eyes.
3. The brickwork above/part of the steps has more texture in the original.
4. I prefer the darker shade of the sky seen through the railings top right.
5. The obvious difference which I've come to last is the missing blur of the traffic (I assume?). The original is better for having it in.

Edit to add - I don't normally make comments in this thread, so this was purely a one off; but I thought in this case I should give my reasons. Note that I didn't originally say why I thought the mono version would be probably an improvement on the colour.

Sorry, I thought it was the lights trails specifically that you disliked. I've obviously misunderstood, thank you for your input :)

Only NCP could think that £7 is cheap ...

According to Parkopedia, the Brighton Centre parking is £12 for 2 hours. So, based on local rates here, £7 is a give away.

Back