Show us yer film shots then!

At one time "chimping was pretty much only seen by dslr users.
Now, almost everyone is sat in a hunched like position glued to there mobile screens whenever they have a spare moment giving an impression that we live on the Planet of the Chimps!:runaway::help::LOL:

At one time "chimping was pretty much only seen by dslr users.
Now, almost everyone is sat in a hunched like position glued to there mobile screens whenever they have a spare moment giving an impression that we live on the Planet of the Chimps!:runaway::help::LOL:

Tell me about it - everywhere you go people are staring into screens. This includes my kids (and me!).

Canon Sure Shot Z135
Ilford HP5+

FILM - Junior's Restaurant
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

I do like the saturated reds from Ektar 100, vibrant without becoming garish (unless the subject is actually garish!). In terms of colour saturation, I think it's about the closest thing we've got to Kodachrome. I wish they'd make a slide film version of Ektar. :)

A couple of frames using the exact gear that @Ben johns is borrowing from me.

A level crossing close to were I live ( far rhs of image) with a habitated house located directly alongside the railway line between Sospel and Nice.
A lovely location if it wasn't for the noise/ vibration of the trains that pass through.

First frame on B&W Negative film, the second frame on Infra Red film
Both are starightforward low res scans with in scan sharpening and no other PP

Sans titre-2.jpg

Sans titre-3.jpg

Second one for me Asha, as the sky detail really improves the shot.

Second one for me Asha, as the sky detail really improves the shot.

I agree Peter for exactly the same reason.

I actually used a yellow fiter for the negative film frame but as the sky was very overcast with only minimal blue areas ( the slightly darker shades can be seen in the image if you look closely) it seems that orange would have been a better choice.

The IR shot involved the use of solely the IR filter which is clearly evident by the movement in the foilage due to the necessary longer exposure

A couple of frames using the exact gear that @Ben johns is borrowing from me.

A level crossing close to were I live ( far rhs of image) with a habitated house located directly alongside the railway line between Sospel and Nice.
A lovely location if it wasn't for the noise/ vibration of the trains that pass through.

First frame on B&W Negative film, the second frame on Infra Red film
Both are starightforward low res scans with in scan sharpening and no other PP

View attachment 247333

View attachment 247334
Makes me wish I’d got that infra red filter! I have a roll of 120 rollei infra red if I need the scratch the itch

erm I've never heard of it till now o_O

Maybe it's just me then. I've seen it many times on TV shows and movies, and it's often used in news broadcasts if there's some sort of financial news regarding Wall Street.

Apparently it's good look to rub its nose, horns and, erm, bullocks - something I noticed several people doing when we passed by.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charging_Bull

Maybe it's just me then. I've seen it many times on TV shows and movies, and it's often used in news broadcasts if there's some sort of financial news regarding Wall Street.

Apparently it's good look to rub its nose, horns and, erm, bullocks - something I noticed several people doing when we passed by.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charging_Bull

Well I've heard of sitting bull, Custer and all that......from films ;)

I wonder if it was good luck to rub Sitting Bull's nether regions? :D

LOL a gorilla's armpit probably smelt better :eek: As a one shot side line..... because of old Hollywood films I was on a US forum and said something about "red indians" and the guy said "you can't say that now, it's native Americans" o_O :eggface:

And rightly so, they are neither red nor Indian. In Canada they are 'first nations' which I think is an accurate description that also hints towards the fact that white men took their lands from them, massacred them by the millions and enslaved them for hundreds of years. No punchline, just facts.

And rightly so, they are neither red nor Indian. In Canada they are 'first nations' which I think is an accurate description that also hints towards the fact that white men took their lands from them, massacred them by the millions and enslaved them for hundreds of years. No punchline, just facts.
Succinctly put Mr Snap

A few from the Olympus 35 RC I got at the weekend.

XP2

i-ZX4S4kD.jpg

i-vrMFrSf.jpg

i-pRLFWNF.jpg

i-dwxCg9t.jpg

Godrevy Lighthouse, Cornwall.
Wista Field 45, Nikkor 180mm f5.6, Shanghai GP3

Godrevy Lighthouse by Andy, on Flickr
Very much liking this one Andy….The sky makes it!
I fully understand how folk in the UK get fed up with the grey skies and often wet climate there but be assured clear blue skies don't always work well (imo) for landscapes, particularly in monochrome so much as I enjoy this part of the world and can get out with LF more often in the predominantly dry weather, there are times that you "have it better" from an atmospheric pov particular for scenes such as this.

Very much liking this one Andy….The sky makes it!
I fully understand how folk in the UK get fed up with the grey skies and often wet climate there but be assured clear blue skies don't always work well (imo) for landscapes, particularly in monochrome so much as I enjoy this part of the world and can get out with LF more often in the predominantly dry weather, there are times that you "have it better" from an atmospheric pov particular for scenes such as this.

Cheers mate, I agree, the sky was what lifted this plus there was a bit of light on the lighthouse as well. We went hoping for a decent sunset but it was not to be so black and white was the way to go.

Back