Show us yer film shots then!

Today Sunday March 21st 2020 went out to Warley Wildlife Reserve near my town of BRENTWOOD Essex England with a few members of Brentwood & District Photographic Club -- I was told bt my Oncology Nurse that I could go out into the Daffodil Woods but just 'Keep a Distance between us' === I took my Pentax 6x7 Mk II with 3 lenses and June 2005 dated Fuji Superia X-tra 400 film rated 200 ASA and home-processed in C41.

Here a a few with the SMC Takumar 105mm f2.4 lens ---
Polariser used and tripod
Warley 2020 01.jpg
SM Takumar 105mm f2.4 Cokin 'Incolor Filter used'
Warley 2020 03.jpg
105mm f2.4 at Full aperture and 1/1000th second
Warley 2020 04.jpg

45mm f4 SM Pentax 6x7 lens
Warley 2020 06.jpg
45mm f4 SMC Pentax 6x7 Lens
Warley 2020 08.jpg

Excellent clarity, loving the details

Thanks Chris. My Sure Shot Supreme is a new addition, but it's another Sure Shot with a cracking lens. I really like the Lomography Color Negative film too - the colours are great - really rich and vibrant. Not sure what the 100 & 800 variants are like, but I think I'll given them a try at some point.

Had a 'Still-Life Session' on the Kitchen Table ( Don't tell The Wife !! ) Lighting was one Bowens Monolite 200E from left and one Sunpak auto 36 FD on reduced power from right
CGPY 400 08.jpgGPY 400 11.jpgGPY 400 12.jpgamera was my 2002 Hasselblad 501 CM with 80mm f2.8 CFE Planar T* and I used a short extension tube for the flower close-ups. Film was a roll of 120 Kodak GPY Pro Gold 400 which I rated 125ASA as it was dated 05/1999 found in my Fridge and I home-processed in C41. Scanner : canon 9000F Mk II + Vuescan Pro + PhotoShop 7

I am home in isolation for 7 days, normally out as an essential worker supporting hospitals, so I am stuck at home, I chose to develop 3 sheets of Acros I had waiting, quite like this one, 75mm, 20 minute exposure, metered at 10, add 1/2 stop for reciprocity and added another 5 minutes for failing light. Haven't cleaned it up yet, just as it came off the scanner

received_212802783373216.jpeg

I'm thinking maybe cropping this to squareish to get rid of the space on the left hand side...

Yes!
Imo, by doing so improves the composition.
A nice capture regardless of how you choose to frame it….I do like pools of light that fall through branches / foilage(y)

No!
If your going to take anything away then it should be on the RHS (that's Right Hand Side and not Royal Horticultural Society :D)

Due to boredom, and I'm sure most of us can understand that, I thought I'd re-edit some older shots.

Here's the first. Tonquin Beach on Vancouver Island, Fuji GW690 II on Ektar 100.
Tonquin-Beach-Sunset2 by Andy, on Flickr

If your going to take anything away then it should be on the RHS
:thinking: Every one of us to our different preferences but for me personally the RHS leads very nicely into the "corridor" of trees from the bottom RH corner.

@VirtualAdept …Now what av you started?!!:bat::LOL::LOL:

maybe best to leave it as it is and let us all see in the image, the composure that we would prefer personally.;)

Hi Shugpug
I'm I'm trying to work out what would be lens equivalent for your pinhole pano e.g. 17mm, 20mm or whatever?

Back