Show us yer film shots then!

I ran a film through my RB67 for the first time in years the other week. These are at Arundel and West Dean Gardens, the view of Arundel is a photograph I've been meaning to take for many years. Both on Delta 100.
Arundel, view across Arun resized for TP.jpg

bench and sculpture resized for TP.jpg

Grotty Weather, Light RAIN and COLD BUT I ventured out into Brentwood to try some Ilford 'XP2' the forunner of XP2 SUPER in my MINOLTA 9000
It had not been stored very well by my Deceased Friend. I rated it at 250 ASA and on processing the negs were a 'Light Brown' and very 'soft looking' but I scanned them as 'Colour' and they came out amazingly well -- some looking 'Brownish' others just normal B&W. I CUT the film so have half left to play with.
Minolta AF Zoom 28-85mm f3.5-4.5 at 85mm I was getting only 1/60th @ f4.5 due to grotty light

9000 XP2 01 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
9000 XP2 02 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Here I tried the Minolta Program 2800 AF flash on 'Program' exposure mode and it seemed to work -- Statue in Churchyard of St Thomas C of E Church
9000 XP2 03 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Trying to hand=hold it steady as light was failing--
9000 XP2 04 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

You can get away with an unsharp shot if it's your own child.
Using Kodachrome 25 asa and a tak 55mm f1.8 wide open, indoors and IIRC no flash gave a pleasing effect...erm well it could have been a misfocused shot :D
I0TOsZl.jpg

OK - here is ME - what a smart Fresh Faced 18 year old Soldier in the RAMC before i became a 21 year old 'Battle -Hardened' Corporal ---
Ensign Selfix 16-20 model II 75mm f3.5 Ross Xpres lens
Smart ME at 18 years old! by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Here is ME with my NAN in Herbert Road Manor Park London E12 before the war -- all the metal railings were taken away i remember for the 'War Effort'
Me and my Nan in about 1937 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

My grandson's (in white) birthday party about 10 years ago..I like this one because it's amusing looking at the kid's faces, the one far left looks bored and the boy on the right couldn't care less, same as the boy by the piano :D
GLbSWsR.jpg

Last edited:
Canon Sure Shot Telemax
Ilford HP5+
Ilfotec DD-X 1+4 9mins @ 20°

Watercourse
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr
There's something about that which really grabs my attention, I guess it's the arrangement of the shapes and the tonal range, also the TV aerial makes me smile.

There's something about that which really grabs my attention, I guess it's the arrangement of the shapes and the tonal range, also the TV aerial makes me smile.

Thanks Chris. It was just one of those scenes that caught my eye. I tried framing it from the opposite side of the water first, but that didn't work, but this side gave more leeway to move around. I like the way the buildings and houses in the background recede up the hillside. There's also a duck beneath the arch (although it's barely visible). I waited a while to see if it would paddle into better view, but it was stubborn. :)

And todays puzzle is where was this taken in the South east? and the answer is below the picture
36IAmiA.jpg

I don't know it's been a puzzle for me for donkey's years o_O my first guess is Hampton court but can't confirm this looking at pics on the net.

Last edited:
Here's one from 20 odd years ago of my nearest and dearest taken with (whispers) a Nikon FE and a nikon 85mm f2 lens

lesley.jpg

Les Maclean - in memoriam??? When did this happen? Is it the same Les Mclean that used to live in the area of Alnwick/Wooler in north Northumberland. He was alive and kicking the last time I heard about 6 months ago and I have just googled his name and his website/E mail appear to be still active.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
It appears you used the 1st address until I checked my references and it was edited to show his approx place of residence as Alnwick/Wooler area. There was a post on another forum a short while ago and it seems there are 2 Les McLean photographers. His website IS still active!

Yes very nice. I think with more contrast though you may loose some of the fine detail in the twigs at the end of the branches.

Very nice that Nige, I would personally prefer a tad more contrast but the subject and overall scene is lovely (y)
Yes very nice. I think with more contrast though you may loose some of the fine detail in the twigs at the end of the branches.

Thanks both.

It was misty in the field that morning, so there's some loss of contrast due to that.

Back