Show us yer film shots then!

Rich (BB code):

Cardona, Spain shot on Portra 400 with the Agfa Isolette II (cropped to get rid of the cars parked in the foreground so not a great composition but a special place).
Lose about two thirds of the sky and the composition improves imo ;)

the outcome of this:
Been clearing up and clearing out. The profit from selling gouging some vista on ebay paid for a new bag for the lf so since I was packing it I decided to let the girls have a shot. Slightly stressful but still fun couple of hours. Luckily I only had a few holders loaded or they'd have bankrupt me!

View attachment 358517

Photographer seems to have missed the focus slightly and has their shadow in the shot but not a bad first attempt at lf portraiture!

Attachments

• 2022-06-LF_CHS004.jpg
    2022-06-LF_CHS004.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 15
the outcome of this:

Photographer seems to have missed the focus slightly and has their shadow in the shot but not a bad first attempt at lf portraiture!
Passing blame, just cos you’re clearly a’difficult model who has to choose a location where shadows fall and then refuse to stay still between composure and exposure ….. :exit:

Personally I’m impressed, I’ve made a number of LF portraits that haven’t been as good as this one. (y)

Edit, The blurry bg that they’ve achieved of course makes the subject acceptably sharp anyway so :clap:

Last edited:
Passing blame, just cos you’re clearly a’difficult model who has to choose a location where shadows fall and then refuse to stay still between composure and exposure ….. :exit:

Personally I’m impressed, I’ve made a number of LF portraits that haven’t been as good as this one. (y)

Edit, The blurry bg that they’ve achieved of course makes the subject acceptably sharp anyway so :clap:
Its nearly a soft focus lens effect. Its not its a razor sharp unflattering lens, I know from the other one of me!

I suspect the missed focus maybe due to me moving to show how fire the shutter.

Thinking maybe stopped down a bit with a faster film might relive the moving subject.

the outcome of this:

Aagghh... My eyes, my eyes they burn .

Actually not a bad shot for a first go, better than my attempts.

Back