Show us yer film shots then!

I agree, I think the shutter is the weakest point in the Reality So Subtle cameras. My first pinhole camera was a Holga WPC120 which could take a cable release. That was the strong point of the camera and the weak point was the tendency for the back to fall off !

I think you'll find that the patented "Quick-release back" is a feature, not a weakness. :LOL:

I agree, I think the shutter is the weakest point in the Reality So Subtle cameras. My first pinhole camera was a Holga WPC120 which could take a cable release. That was the strong point of the camera and the weak point was the tendency for the back to fall off !
Just so happens I have some top of the range photographic tape and it's available at £49.99 including vat and postage if your daft enough sorry I mean interested. Here it is in action
It can be used for many things, stopping light leaks,holding backs on, film leaders, taping to you hand should you forget the strap , you can even tape the camera to you eye so you can constantly see what your camera is seeing and never miss a shot !

Sorry for the Yuk yuk yuk digi photo
4A.JPG

Just so happens I have some top of the range photographic tape and it's available at £49.99 including vat and postage if your daft enough sorry I mean interested. Here it is in action
It can be used for many things, stopping light leaks,holding backs on, film leaders, taping to you hand should you forget the strap , you can even tape the camera to you eye so you can constantly see what your camera is seeing and never miss a shot !

Sorry for the Yuk yuk yuk digi photo
View attachment 366415
Where did you buy the artisan, hand-carved tripod? :D

So here's one that will be marmite I'm sure. Jodrell Bank radio telescope shot on Kodak Tri-X 400, scanned and then given the AI Sky replacement treatment in Luminar 4. Somewhere I have a couple of long exposure astro shots so I may make a background out of one of them so I can say I shot the whole thing.

'When analogue meets digital' (or 'how to hide dust spots in plain view').

Film meets digital.jpg

I ran a part roll through my Cosmic Symbol when it arrived. Off the test pics, I wasn't impressed, but then, I may have expected sharp and detailed images.
I have now accepted that I don't need sharp and detailed images from such a camera, or maybe not from any of my 35mm gear. It's a different aesthetic that I must look for (although I'm not sure what that is yet).
A recent holiday on the Suffolk coast allowed an opportunity to run off a roll with a more careful eye. Here's a couple.

Cosmic Symbol, Fomapan 200 in Rodinal.

Spiral.jpgBeached.jpg

Last edited:
Back