Show us yer film shots then!

“Their name liveth for evermore"
79D9FB77-DA57-4008-9A63-B247D9119C98.jpeg
War Memorial, Fairlie
Kodak Vision 3 250D
(developed in tired C41 chemistry)
Zuiko 35mm f2.0 / Olympus OM4

Got my scans from the Olympus XA I bought last week! Flash/exposure/rangefinder seem spot on, turns out I didn't have to change out the light seals since the camera was still light tight but I replaced them anyway since they looked a bit sorry. Very happy with this little camera (especially considering how much I paid for it) and I can't wait to use it with some better film.

Olympus XA + Superia 400

000079520006.jpg

000079520008.jpg

000079520011.jpg

000079520019.jpg

Last edited:
The fountain (now dry) erected in Fairlie in memory of Queen Victoria. The fountain was officially opened by Lord Glasgow on 26 June 1902, the date originally planned for the coronation of King Edward VII.

6FEADB67-B71F-4018-AA13-FA5046C6F08D.jpeg

The coronation was postponed (for medical reasons) to 9 August when Lord Glasgow unveiled the plate below, inserted in a wall behind the fountain. For Scotland, Queen Victoria's heir is considered to be King Edward I, as the previous Edwards all reigned before the 1707 Act of Union ; hence the reference on the plaque to King Edward I & VII.

26BB9A5A-3A81-432F-A22F-D3520A0E60DB.jpeg

Both pictures:
Kodak Vision 3 250D
(developed in tired C41 chemistry)
Zuiko 35mm f2.0 / Olympus OM4

Nikkormat
50mm Nikkor
Kodak Ultra 400

Weston Master 1, which I recently came by at the local camera club. About 70 years’ old, made in England and still in fine working order. Rather like me.5F68268F-6FE5-48F9-896D-564C6826AC9E.jpeg

Last edited:
Father-in-law
C330, Kentmere 400. Home dev'd in stock ID-11. Low res v550 scan

img477.jpg

This is from the film i dropped on the floor post deving whilst it was still wet :( Have also done a 6x6 inch print on 8x10 paper that I'm very pleased with. Will post this evening when I've got the scanner out.

Father-in-law
C330, Kentmere 400. Home dev'd in stock ID-11. Low res v550 scan

View attachment 383766

This is from the film i dropped on the floor post deving whilst it was still wet :( Have also done a 6x6 inch print on 8x10 paper that I'm very pleased with. Will post this evening when I've got the scanner out.

Wet print, image size 6x6 inch on 10x8 MGIV RC paper. Scanned on domestic multi-function printer

IMG_20230312_0003.jpg

10x14mm neg. Minolta 16II camera. Kentmere 400 home dev in stock ID-11. V550 scan at 600 dpi.

Sidmouth Feb 23
Will re-post image tomorrow. It was only a 12kb image!

Last edited:
Wonderful vista. Very natural looking colours too and I’m wondering what film you were using. My recent experience of Kodak Ultra 400 was disappointing.
Thanks Robin, it is Fuji Provia 100F in 120. It is a good film for duller conditions it gives the colours a bit of a boost but be wary of too contrasty light.

I have been 'Experimenting' with some Bulk EFKE KB20 film dated May 1996 from a Deceased Great Friend who some-how FOGGED it in from the rebates a bit so only good for ' Tests' . I was trying to see how accurate my f1.4 lenses were in several Cameras- the PLANAR on my CONTAX RTS II Quartz 'Back-Focuses' for example. I also used a Yashica ML 80-200mm f4 zoom on my Yashica FR-1 testing full aperture and here is just ONE I thought 'worth showing' -- other tests were boring ones of Buildings and Foliage on the Test Cameras. I also Tested the film in my Home-Made Pyrocat HD and got 8.5 mins but it needed 10 mins.
MOTHER and KIDS.jpg

Thanks Robin, it is Fuji Provia 100F in 120. It is a good film for duller conditions it gives the colours a bit of a boost but be wary of too contrasty light.
Thanks for the recommendation. I was actually looking for colour negative film and am now wondering if I should splash out on some Portra, which seems to get good reviews. Another thing I’m wrestling with is whether, if I choose the right colour film, I can keep my options open (via Lightroom) as to whether the end product is in colour or B&W. A controversial topic I suspect and one perhaps for a different thread.

Thanks for the recommendation. I was actually looking for colour negative film and am now wondering if I should splash out on some Portra, which seems to get good reviews. Another thing I’m wrestling with is whether, if I choose the right colour film, I can keep my options open (via Lightroom) as to whether the end product is in colour or B&W. A controversial topic I suspect and one perhaps for a different thread.
For colour Neg I use mainly Portra, it is a much softer pallette than Provia and more forgiving in contrasty situations, Kodak Ektar 100 is nearer to Provia , it is less forgiving than Portra and has a bolder colour pallette but needs to be correctly exposed to get the best from it whereas Portra will forgive you at least 1 stop either way (some say much more particularly over exposure).

For colour Neg I use mainly Portra, it is a much softer pallette than Provia and more forgiving in contrasty situations, Kodak Ektar 100 is nearer to Provia , it is less forgiving than Portra and has a bolder colour pallette but needs to be correctly exposed to get the best from it whereas Portra will forgive you at least 1 stop either way (some say much more particularly over exposure).
Thanks Paul.

Back