Show us yer film shots then!

I wouldn't post pics in photos from film unless I wanted critique...:shrug:

tish......I wouldn't post any:thinking:..........I haven't shot any since decimalization...

at least it feels like that

Seriously Nick, "Photo's from Film" was set up, despite being a little out of step with the other themed sections after lots and lots of lobbying by a few people who actively wanted a place where we could post Film shots for critique, but with the initial assumptions that go with film (as in grain / B&W is NOT (usually) an effect on a colour image et.al.) already "taken as read".

All the other themed sections at the time were based on the actual subject matter - there IS a fairly strong argument for saying that it shouldn't matter what media the picture was shot on, however, I know that a number of members used to complain when "a digital outlook" was taken on some of the technical aspects of their film shot...

I wouldn't post pics in photos from film unless I wanted critique...:shrug:

tish......I wouldn't post any:thinking:..........I haven't shot any since decimalization...

at least it feels like that

You and Me both John - maybe it's something in the Water around here...:shrug:

(anyway - first 28 pages or so of this thread are a wee bit cleaner than they were - there are some posts with some dead links and other live ones, which I've left intact, but if a post was entirely dead links, it's been sent to the bit-bucket)

sorry for being daft but how do i do the colour balance? thanks

she is a very lovely and silly dog:)

Editing software ?

That scan reads as being edited with PS CS3, if you didn't do it you'll be needing some.:)

*edit* I see your edit, still not right, I know that rug, its grey with black flecks in it, if you can get the grey in that to look grey using the eye dropper tool, the rest of the pic should follow unless its been faffed about with already.

Last edited:
Editing software ?

That scan reads as being edited with PS CS3, if you didn't do it you'll be needing some.:)

*edit* I see your edit, still not right, I know that rug, its grey with black flecks in it, if you can get the grey in that to look grey using the eye dropper tool, the rest of the pic should follow unless its been faffed about with already.

thanks so much for your advise again. the negs are scanned by the processing company, i will try to scan them on my V500 later. thanks

Tried some shallow depth of field with my new polaroid.. sadly the camera eat my film after 2 shots:(... Also apologize its a glamour model.. but thats the only subjects i have access to for testing

polaroid1.jpg

polaroid2.jpg

Last edited:
. Also apologize its a glamour model.. but thats the only subjects i have access to for testing

You poor tortured soul, that's very unfortunate, still....the weather is brightening up, you'll soon be able to go outside and shoot a pile of muck or some rocks and a tree....or something.

I dunno how you struggle on with this camera lark really.....

:D

You poor tortured soul, that's very unfortunate, still....the weather is brightening up, you'll soon be able to go outside and shoot a pile of muck or some rocks and a tree....or something.

I dunno how you struggle on with this camera lark really.....

:D

:p

+1

ive only just seen the replys from Ed regarding development brightness / darkness. Thanks for that :) The frame number thing is a good tip!

Anyway, i took the bronica out at a studio shoot the other day and used up a roll of Ektar which i dont think was the best film i could use in that setting plus the scanner software doesnt have an ektar setting, but it was the last roll of it i had and i wanted to use it up. I do miss auto focus!

Last edited:
A bit of instant film love, how I left my garden after today's bout of sunshine-induced demolition. Fuji FP-100C (Silk) shot using a Polaroid 600SE camera

not usually a fan of still life/landscape type of pictures, but this one is great. has a real presence to it. although I think it lacks a bit of space in the bottom.

anyway - great picture !

Quite like those Andy, nice and moody :)

Kentmere 400 is pretty nice for a cheap film.

Looks like one of my 50mm lenses, Pentax Super A and 1+50 Rodinal for 20 mins.

I'm tempted to look for a bulk film loader and get a big roll of this for general testing and faffing around - it gives good enough quality that I'd be happy to have it as an emergency stick in the camera thing!

20120518100433_scan-120514-0004.jpg

Finally got round to getting a film processed I put through my Canon ExEE sometime last year! It was a kodacolour 200 processed and scanned at Jessops. Have edited them a little in elements 10

Willington Canal by scilly puffin, on Flickr

Organ by scilly puffin, on Flickr

Music Man by scilly puffin, on Flickr

Cromford steam rally by scilly puffin, on Flickr

The last one I think I need to give another go, to see if I can get rid of the blue cast.

Very pleased with these, now I have another film I must get out and get some more. Hope you all like (y)

That was Tri-X in Diafine.

I'm seriously impressed with the way Acros (@200) looks in Diafine too, it's bordering on MF quality at times:

JtD8o.jpg

Taken yesterday on the Horseman LX's first outing. By god it's a heavy bugger, good job this image was taken just a few feet away from the car during my lunchtime. Nothing special, first use of Adox 25, usual Caffenol CL semi-stand development.

Gorse and Woods by Ed Bray, on Flickr

EdBray said:
Taken yesterday on the Horseman LX's first outing. By god it's a heavy bugger, good job this image was taken just a few feet away from the car during my lunchtime. Nothing special, first use of Adox 25, usual Caffenol CL semi-stand development.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/edbray/7263686130/
Gorse and Woods by Ed Bray, on Flickr

Its almost infrared looking! Is this something to do with the red sensitivity of adox 25 being high or low i can't remember?

Its almost infrared looking! Is this something to do with the red sensitivity of adox 25 being high or low i can't remember?

Adox 25 is almost entirely insensitive to red light, the colours are probably down to the developing chemicals

couple of test shots from my recently aquired Yashica Electro 35 - nothing fancy, but as it's the only roll of film I've exposed in months, thought I'd better post SOMETHING...
Seems like it's working... ;)

Looks like it worked very nicely! (y)

Looks like it worked very nicely! (y)

Yeah - I pretty much bashed an entire roll through on Auto - lots of shots of the same things, at different apertures so I could test that the aperture was changing as expected (from the DOF) and that it was correctly (or at least consistantly) metering and changing the shutter speed to suit. All pretty much the standard way I'd test any AP auto camera... I did manage to get a couple of fairly "normal" shots though - like the sign on one of my neighbours garage and the local fishing lake.

It's a nice little camera, but TBH, it's not that much smaller than the A1, and with a fixed lens it's less versatile, so I can't see it getting that much use, but it'll be nice to ring the changes with now and again.

I think the camera is only worthy if you do photography that benefits from a leaf shutter... low light, street photography (which as far as I know you don't, right?). With the bottom half of the never ready case attached, my GSN is basically as big as a Nikon FE... and the FE series has an awful lot going for it.

That is much improved. Although it also looks like the light generally was better that evening as well. Lovely golden glow to it!

Simple composition, plenty of interest. The path works well to lead the eye to the lighthouse, and then the rocks and distant shore carry the eye.

Thanks - yes it all seemed to finally come together. I'm very pleased with it!

Nice work Ed, I like the Adox film it has it's own character.

And I can't believe your Toyo hasn't sold yet, if I didn't already have one myself I'd have snapped your hand off, great bit of kit and a bargain IMHO.

Adox 25 is almost entirely insensitive to red light, the colours are probably down to the developing chemicals

Because its more insensitive to red light and is almost orthochromatic it acts like having a green filter on the camera so the foliage looks lighter but the sky has contrast in it, exactly like a green filter. Conversely with extended red sensitivity films like Technical Pan, you get the effect of greens looking darker and more contrast in the sky as its effectively like shooting through an orange filter (if I had known that when I shot my first roll I wouldn't have bothered using an orange filter with it!)

Nice work Ed, I like the Adox film it has it's own character.

And I can't believe your Toyo hasn't sold yet, if I didn't already have one myself I'd have snapped your hand off, great bit of kit and a bargain IMHO.

Thanks, another from that lunchtime, same film, different position and different lens, this was with a Fujinon SW 65mm f8:

Wooded Area, Dartmoor National Park by Ed Bray, on Flickr

Back