Show us yer film shots then!

Nice shots. I always found sensia 200 to be a better film than the 100 version. Better colours and detail! Easier to scan too.

7809163484_94134ae5da.jpg

Summer. Sorted.

Well around these parts, that's what Summer is, right there. Probably what Summer's actually for.

Here's a few more from the Yash Mat.

Arnside Evening on Kodak Ektar

Arnside2 by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Horton-in-Ribblesdale Church on Adox CHS 50 Art

Horton-in-Ribblesdale-Churc by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Lonely Tree Above Settle on Kodak Ektar 100

Lone-Tree5 by andysnapper1, on Flickr

River Ribble near Stainforth on Kodak Ektar 100

River-4 by andysnapper1, on Flickr

I've got 8 rolls to get through so sit tight there's more to come. I shall probably post a few for critique as well.

Cheers

Andy

I've got 8 rolls to get through so sit tight there's more to come. I shall probably post a few for critique as well.

Cheers

Andy

Like the Horton-in-Ribblesdale Church shot, could it do with a couple of degrees anti-clockwise rotation? Phil.

Thanks Phil. I know what you're saying but this is one of those shots where it didn't matter how I aligned it something looked wrong.:thinking:

Andy

Thanks Phil. I know what you're saying but this is one of those shots where it didn't matter how I aligned it something looked wrong.:thinking:

Andy

Been there, got the T shirt, lots of them.

Andy, they look heaps better without the added grain (y)

Andy

It's okay Andy - the entire village of Horton is on the wonk from what I can remember...

:thinking: Though thinking about it, it might have been the effect of the 8 pints of XB on an empty stomach, after finishing the 3 peaks walk, last time I was there :LOL:

Arnside2 by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Horton-in-Ribblesdale-Churc by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Lone-Tree5 by andysnapper1, on Flickr

River-4 by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Cheers

Andy
Love the tree shot Andy. I'v got two rolls of Provia and two of XP2 out of my Yash mat to get deved. Look forward (as always) to your next posts (y)
Need to dev and scan my own, but money's too tight to mention atm..

Last edited:
It's okay Andy - the entire village of Horton is on the wonk from what I can remember...

:thinking: Though thinking about it, it might have been the effect of the 8 pints of XB on an empty stomach, after finishing the 3 peaks walk, last time I was there :LOL:

Its been a few years since I did the three peaks, I used to like to start and finish at the Hill Inn, once drank so much ended up having B&B there, happy days.

Cheers

Andy

Andy, I really did like these. I'm getting increasing 120 GAS! The lone boat is so evocative, and I really like the lone tree as well. Although the tree on its own would do it for me, the limestone pavement (or rocks, whatever) really add something great to it. I also liked the rapids; do you remember what shutter speed you used for that? It's not quite "frozen water", but not that milky smooth flow that I rather dislike (I'm saying this lots in the vain hope of changing others to my view :nuts:). Good stuff

Last edited:
Andy, I really did like these. I'm getting increasing 120 GAS! The lone boat is so evocative, and I ferally like the lone tree as well. Although the tree on its own would do it for me, the limestone pavement (or rocks, whatever) really add something great to it. I also liked the rapids; do you remember what shutter speed you used for that? It's not quite "frozen water", but not that milky smooth flow that I rather dislike (I'm saying this lots in the vain hope of changing others to my view :nuts:). Good stuff

Your not alone Chris. I'm not a fan of the "shaving foam" effect with falls/rapids.
Having said that I can't be cynical as I'v yet to try it :shrug:

Have somewhere in mind soon though (y)

Love the rowing boat and the tree shot! beauties.

Heres a couple left over from the Lakes trip. The film didnt have any markings on it to remind me what it was, so i thought it was HP5, turned out to be Delta 100 so i developed it a minute too short according to the chart. But it still seems to have come out ok! i probably overexposed them in the first place which might of helped with the under developing.

Love the rowing boat and the tree shot! beauties.

Heres a couple left over from the Lakes trip. The film didnt have any markings on it to remind me what it was, so i thought it was HP5, turned out to be Delta 100 so i developed it a minute too short according to the chart. But it still seems to have come out ok! i probably overexposed them in the first place which might of helped with the under developing.

To me, two shots capturing the essence of a Lake District summer, low cloud and imminent rain, happy memories.

Thanks MindofMel, I was wondeirng how much contrast it needed myself. I had it printed 10x8 and added a little more contrast and it did seem to be a bit punchier. Mind there was not much contast at the time, and HP5 I find not too contrasty. This is another one from the same trip, where I prefer the lower contrast.

When did you get back EssexAsh, I went recently and it rained. Lots.

Lake District Large Format HP5 by NGUSS, on Flickr

Following on from all the B&W pictures I thought I would brighten the thread up a bit with some colour!

Went out onto the downs VERY early Sunday morning.

Velvia 50 in the Yashica-Mat kindly devvved by Steve in Tetenal E6

Heather

TVR at Lancing College

Steyning Trough

Now those two have brightened up a grey day, thanks Heather.

Andy

Following on from all the B&W pictures I thought I would brighten the thread up a bit with some colour!

Heather

TVR at Lancing College

Steyning Trough

When I was developing ( that's developing not devving ;) ) I thought the car at Lancing college was going to be my favourite, but having seen them uploaded I like them both but the trough has just got the edge for me..well done with the exposures on the velvia 50..(y)

Last edited:
Taken with my Nikon F3 Sigma 24mm lens and Portra 160V

27740008CS5.jpg

27740038CS5.jpg

27740034CS5.jpg

Heather

TVR at Lancing College

Steyning Trough

Wonderful colours in both, your reward for getting up so early, two delightful shots, congratulations, Phil.

Fantastic shots guys (and girls).. I have two rolls of Provia and two XP2 to get developed from my Yash mat. Can't wait to see if there's a keeper or two (y)

A couple from my early morning jaunt with Heather.

Thanks for looking.

Mill hill looking over lancing / Shoreham.

Provia 100 developed at home in Tetenal colourtec E-6

Mill Hill looking over the dis-used cement works

Provia 100 developed at home in Tetenal colourtec E-6

Back