Show us yer film shots then!

Robert, I love all three, great quality, colour and light. I particularly like the composition of the last photograph, with the foreground bush leading the eye into that wonderful valley and then across the sky line and on into that very tempestuous sky, it then brings your eye's back down to the water and reflection of the hills you then to pick out the lovely details of the rocks and foreground grasses.

PS. I did not know that there was a panoramic back for ETRS, I am going to look for one NOW. :)

Thanks Richard for the comments. I was quite lucky that I saw there was one available from the ETRS manual. I then had a look on ebay and there was a UK seller with one on a 'Buy it Now', so I took the plunge. What I would really have liked is a fuji panoramic camera the one that takes the 6x17 images, but its way out of my price range.

I think the Bronica SQ also has a panoramic back available for it too, but like the ETRS one, they are very hard to find.

My panorama back isnt perfect, I get the odd frame where it overlaps the previous one and they are a bugger to load and quite fragile too. The other point to remember is that you either have to make up a mask for the viewfinder or even rarer have the finder with the gridlines on it.

I struck it lucky as my ETRS had the finder with the gridlines when I got it so there was no need to make up anything.

Last edited:
I just love this thread. The standard is consistently high, and provides for constant inspiration.

A set of really sharp images, what were they taken with?

Love the fissures one, great contrast if the really organic shapes with the straight roads, and lovely subtle colours

Daughter 2... a bit of fun trying to look like you know who

9669823933_b7dbff93b1_b.jpg

A set of really sharp images, what were they taken with?

Cheers. Taken with a Nikon FE2 + Nikkor 50mm. Shot on Lomography Fine 100 ISO. Although I have to say I prefer the 400 ISO film, the mixture of the colours and grain are super.

Love the fissures one, great contrast if the really organic shapes with the straight roads, and lovely subtle colours

Thank you! With landscape like that it was just a matter of pointing and clicking and you'd get a great shot. (well, that and getting the focus right too!)

I got 10 rolls of what I think is the old Rollie Pan 25 so went for a quick walk in the hills to find somthing to point the camera at for 10 frames. Finally got it scanned... Jings! That is fine grain, far more than my scanner can cope with.

Pentlands Crossroad by steveo_mcg, on Flickr

Shot through the RB67 on Rollie Pan 25 (V1) developed in rodinal 1+50 for 11 minutes.

Last edited:
I got 10 rolls of what I think is the old Rollie Pan 25 so went for a quick walk in the hills to find somthing to point the camera at for 10 frames. Finally got it scanned... Jings! That is fine grain, far more than my scanner can cope with.

Pentlands Crossroad by steveo_mcg, on Flickr

Shot through the RB67 on Rollie Pan 25 (V1) developed in rodinal 1+50 for 11 minutes.

Wow from me as I've never liked grain.

I recently made a mistake with some Rollei Retro 100 by knocking the ASA round to 200: I suppose this is rubbish rather than artistically creative?

010_10.jpg

005_5.jpg

^^ I actually like them!

Put a roll through my Olympus OM1.. light meter doesn't work (battery cable snapped) so used my Canon FTb as a makeshift one. It was only a test roll whilst at my cousins so nothing special photographically but I like them!

All using cheapo agfa vista.

OM1.

Rudy. by Toni Darling Photos, on Flickr

And the FTb

Romeo. by Toni Darling Photos, on Flickr

black and white conversion.. not sure if I like it or not!

Whiskers. by Toni Darling Photos, on Flickr

Rocky. by Toni Darling Photos, on Flickr

Rudy. by Toni Darling Photos, on Flickr

Asda dev.. some are looking a bit over sharpened :shrug:

I'd chuck that FTb away if I were you, it's turned that cat all ginger :eek:

Looks like you have found a very good Asda as mine always have a few spots or hairs..but I don't mind as they do the negs why you shop, the quickest was for one roll at 40min and five in 1hr 10mins, all scanned to CD.

I'd chuck that FTb away if I were you, it's turned that cat all ginger :eek:

:LOL: :LOL:

Looks like you have found a very good Asda as mine always have a few spots or hairs..but I don't mind as they do the negs why you shop, the quickest was for one roll at 40min and five in 1hr 10mins, all scanned to CD.

It is a good one! Only ever seen the same 2 guys, don't look much older than me, behind the counter and never had a roll take more than 30 minutes (y)

I recently made a mistake with some Rollei Retro 100 by knocking the ASA round to 200: I suppose this is rubbish rather than artistically creative?

I quite like them, the would've been a little better with out the error but the second is still a fantastic shot.

Starting to dent the post summer film backlog

Formapan 100 in a ensign special ( I think I actually danced when these came back, what a lovely combination).

Nice set, next test roll I think will be some foma.

that is such a nice picture almost a 60's kind of look to it.

bravo

Thanks it's Ferrania film, not the cheap stuff once stocked at Poundland....I've posted other shots using this film i.e. the abandoned farm and both films gave a different look to the subjects and have no idea whether it's the film or its been stored incorrectly as you can't buy it anymore.

One from a test roll through the Moskva 5. Loving the big negatives and the nice corners on the frames but its a little soft at the edges and 1/250 gives a bit of slap but over all not bad for the money. Rangefinder is basically useless though.

Moskva 5 Test 1 by steveo_mcg, on Flickr

GP3 stand developed in rodinal 1+100 for an hour.

Great images as usual guys, I've missed this thread in the last few months of being too busy to keep track of it properly!

A few shots here I've fired through mine and Hooley's drum scanner, it sure puts our V500's to shame!

The first two are 35mm PanF taken on an EOS 10 + 24-105L, the third is 35mm Superia 100 on an EOS 1000F + Tamron 28-300 and the fourth is 120 Ektar taken on the RB67. :)

qAk48zO.jpg

uL0Gr05.jpg

cbGh5Pv.jpg

THfuILl.jpg

Last edited:
Wow Paul........and I've just noticed that you can't buy Superia 100 anymore. So Fuji have surrendered to Kodak.

I quite like them, the would've been a little better with out the error but the second is still a fantastic shot.

Well, though it was an eror, it's good to know how the film copes, or not.

Early morning mist over golf course, low light. Tripod and longer exposure would be good but, hey, who's for lumping a tripod out whilst walking the dog... not me.:bonk:

Number 4 for me:))

Great images as usual guys, I've missed this thread in the last few months of being too busy to keep track of it properly!

A few shots here I've fired through mine and Hooley's drum scanner, it sure puts our V500's to shame!

The first two are 35mm PanF taken on an EOS 10 + 24-105L, the third is 35mm Superia 100 on an EOS 1000F + Tamron 28-300 and the fourth is 120 Ektar taken on the RB67. :)

qAk48zO.jpg

uL0Gr05.jpg

cbGh5Pv.jpg

THfuILl.jpg

OK I'm showing this one in frustration, hoping that someone can give me advice on how to do better. I went to the Chesterton windmill on one of the meteor shower nights (around 11pm) with my Pentax MX, Vivitar 28mm (f/2.8) loaded with Neopan 400CN film. I took a variety of shots (all wide open, such as that is) ranging from 30 seconds to almost 30 minutes. This is the only one where you could see enough to scan anything; one of the other guys came out and shone his torch up and down the windmill for a bit.

You can see a few stars, I think. It is possible I knocked the focus off infinity when fixing the camera on the tripod, which I guess might have reduced the fainter stars. But it seemed quite light to me; I walked back to the car without a torch! I thought the problem might be too much light pollution rather than no image.

Other shots on the roll are fine. ny ideas?

The reciprocity of the film will have come into play on the longer exposures, although if you have shot between 30 seconds and 30 minutes you would expect to have a good enough range of exposures to determine the "sweet spot".

Is there anything visible on the other negatives themselves or are they completely clear?

A quick test shot taken on a Yashica T5 P&S that I recently acquired from the classifieds here. Shot on Kodak Gold 100 (exp 2005), processed and scanned by Asda.

Blickling Knocker by wickerman6, on Flickr

Last edited:
The reciprocity of the film will have come into play on the longer exposures, although if you have shot between 30 seconds and 30 minutes you would expect to have a good enough range of exposures to determine the "sweet spot".

Is there anything visible on the other negatives themselves or are they completely clear?

They look completely clear to me! I guess this is one advantage of (whisper it) digical photography; at least I'd have known on the day that something was up and not a few weeks later!

Love the last one Mark, all it needs is speech bubbles

Back