Show us yer film shots then!

That is right spooky is that.

Went to Beeston Castle, Cheshire today and learned a valuable lesson. It was a bright cloudless day. I'm unhappy with every shot I took. I should have known really, being a member of The Cloud Appreciation Society.

Shan't do it again.

Here's three that are OK-ish

img111 by simon ess, on Flickr

img112 by simon ess, on Flickr

img109 by simon ess, on Flickr

I like those Simon, very nice.

Went to Beeston Castle, Cheshire today and learned a valuable lesson. It was a bright cloudless day. I'm unhappy with every shot I took. I should have known really, being a member of The Cloud Appreciation Society.

I feel your pain... I shot an airshow on a bright sunny day (shooting into the sky, obviously) on some 400 film. Wasn't terribly pleased with myself on that one.

olytrippan100001 by Mads.S, on Flickr

A_dam.jpg

What ville was that shot taken ?@Billn_33 .....dept 65 going by the car reg plate so some where nearly the spanish border / high pyrenees....Thé dog was in the right place at thé right time! Lol

Last edited:
What ville was that shot taken ?@Billn_33 .....dept 65 going by the car reg plate so some where nearly the spanish border / high pyrenees....Thé dog was in the right place at thé right time! Lol

Thanks Asha

Amsterdam NL - Brouwersgracht

Last edited:
Yep, I agree with Fujilove. Just something about that shot. Lovely.

Just great shots from osh, David, Paul and Rob too.

Reactions: osh
Was this on Tuesday by any chance? I saw them! They were actually quite good what I saw of them. Nice shot.
I walked past this spot on Wednesday, shame they weren't there then.

wish that I could get scans like that Andy, most of mine are terrible ……… good shots, the TR6 looks great

Leica m6, elmarit 35mm lens, Iford hp5.

wish that I could get scans like that Andy, most of mine are terrible ……… good shots, the TR6 looks great

The TR6 was great fun to drive, the Irish Wild Atlantic Way road is fantastic.

As for the scans, they were done by Boots on development. I didn't think the scans were that good, their so called HIRES versions were just over 500Kb :cautious:

The TR6 was great fun to drive, the Irish Wild Atlantic Way road is fantastic.

As for the scans, they were done by Boots on development. I didn't think the scans were that good, their so called HIRES versions were just over 500Kb :cautious:

Thanks Andy

I have been trying this year to scan all my old films, maybe back to the 1960 - but a lot have been destroyed in house moves as we have moved abroad a few times.

I have an Epson V350 Scanner

Everything I scan is much worse than the original prints …… I can bring them back a little in PS so that they are acceptable but they are never that sharpe.

Scans of the 7 x 5 photos are much better than when I scan the original negatives.

I must try to find out how I can improve.

I have had just one set of negatives scanned by "Boots" - the results were very poor and worse than the colour prints they produce.

I accept that it is my lack of skill and knowledge that is the limiting factor

But it takes so much time, (5+ minutes for a 4 neg strip) and the results are frustrating

Was this on Tuesday by any chance? I saw them! They were actually quite good what I saw of them. Nice shot.
That is correct. I had to go to the N&N for my hand on Tues, then caught buses via the city centre. Actually bumped into another film enthusiast (with a lovely Pentax) as I was watching the band - he changed my film roll for me :)

Dang !! Osh is posting again...now I feel REALLY inadequate ..nice one Osh.

Great Shot though..
Thanks Trevor, though to be honest taking a nice shot at Llanddwyn in the evening isn't much of a challenge - just turn up, point the camera at the lighthouse and wait until the sun is setting. As the sun is to the right at this time of year then provided the foreground is lit up you don't even need to worry about filters/over-exposing the sky. The biggest problem is the risk of being cut off by the tide and having to wade off the island!

A few hours spent in Rochester Sun 7th Sept with @RaglanSurf and @medwaygreen whilst I was in the UK for the weekend.

Was good to meet up with you again Nick ......even though it meant "double trouble" with you and Richard teamed up! :p

Many thanks to Richard and his lovely lady for putting me up ( or more precisely, putting up with me:D) for the weekend (y)

Here a classic 'must have" film meet shot of the other clowns, oops togs! :D

Not sure where Alice was, but Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum were definetly in Rochester that aternoon......now which which one is "Dum":thinking:??!! :D:D:D

View attachment 20570

Back