Show us yer film shots then!

Fan-bluddy-tastic.

Found some old negatives taken in Berlin, Germany when I was there in the British Army ( RAMC ) in 1956-- Contax III + 50mm f1.5 Zeiss Sonar, Perutz film
A 'Selfie' by delayed action of me in the Path lab BMH Berlin, Spandau -- 19 years old !

Berlin 01 : 'Selfie at 19 years old!' by pentaxpete, on Flickr

BMH Berlin-- the Maternity Block from the 'Haunted Gallery' -- Ensign Selfix 16/20 Model II, Agfa Isopan film click on Flickr link to read the story behind this -

Berlin 03 - Story of the Sergeant's Nose ! by pentaxpete, on Flickr

Russian Sector : War Memorial Garden, Contax III, Perutz Peromnia film -- click on Flickr link to read story behind these photos
Berlin 07 : Russian Sector by pentaxpete, on Flickr
Russian Sector : War Memorial Garden, Contax III, Perutz Peromnia film

Berlin 12 : Russian Sector by pentaxpete, on Flickr

Berlin 11 : Russian Sector by pentaxpete, on Flickr

Here's a picture I recently took with my new GF670. I literally spent years trying to decide whether to buy one or not, but recently bit the bullet and sold my Leica to fund it, and am very happy so far, as it ticks all the boxes. Not the sharpest picture but it was shot handheld in a gale, whilst holding onto my dog with one hand!

Tryfan
by osh rees, on Flickr

Get well soon @Andysnap - that's a laundry list of nasties.

I went out shooting in darkest Croydon a week or so ago, and finally found myself somewhere where I could get the C41 b/w roll developed. I've added the whole lot to my flickr too.

E1xDFDTl.jpg
0BF0k4gl.jpg
FMqClBgl.jpg

Thanks Charlotte, feeling a bit better today. Hopefully might get out for an hour tomorrow and shoot a roll of summink.

Found some old negatives taken in Berlin, Germany when I was there in the British Army ( RAMC ) in 1956-- Contax III + 50mm f1.5 Zeiss Sonar, Perutz film
A 'Selfie' by delayed action of me in the Path lab BMH Berlin, Spandau -- 19 years old !

BMH Berlin-- the Maternity Block from the 'Haunted Gallery' -- Ensign Selfix 16/20 Model II, Agfa Isopan film click on Flickr link to read the story behind this -

Russian Sector : War Memorial Garden, Contax III, Perutz Peromnia film -- click on Flickr link to read story behind these photos

Some great shots here Pete. But the thing that impresses me most is your immaculate shot records.

Managed to play with my newly purchased RB67 for an hour this afternoon. Just a couple of shots around the house and garden. FP4+ developed in Infosol 3.

I'm really pleased with the camera so far. Even though I've only put a single roll through it so far, it's just as awesome as I had hoped!

Flower Pot Man
by Carl Hall Photography, on Flickr

Cactus

Thanks Trevor -- well I may be a 'Bit Old' now but my Memory is still good - and also the type of FILM is written in the film rebates of the negatives -- but I remember being there and getting it 'commercially processed' when I was sent to BMH Iserlohn, and the town photo processors over-developed it a bit -- but when in BMH Iserlohn I soon set up in the X-Ray Dept Darkroom and became the 'official photographer' for emergency passport photos of Officers -- trouble was the X-Ray FIXER was GREEN with the Chrome-Alum hardener and my prints were all stained green in the whites ! In the rush in Berlin I was in the Red Shield Club darkroom in the former Adolph Hitlerplatz ( which had been re-named for some reason) the night before I was due to go through the Russian Zone to BMH Iserlohn and left a strip of 4 negs in the enlarger containing my photo of the Brandenburg Gate with the Russian Sector sign and Red Flag -- I have only a rather poor unsharp print ( as enlarger lens was poor) in my Album in the loft. In Iserlohn when I was the 'Boss' of the Path Lab having been promoted I had my own cupboard with all developers made up from the chemical formulae as we had lots of chemicals there especially in a basement, stored away , all paid for by British Tax Payers who funded the Army and I could make up Beutler formula for the Adox KB 14 and R 14 high definition films which came out in the 1950's . We had some good LEITZ German gear given as part of War Reparations but NOT any LEICA Cameras !

Managed to play with my newly purchased RB67 for an hour this afternoon. Just a couple of shots around the house and garden. FP4+ developed in Infosol 3.

I'm really pleased with the camera so far. Even though I've only put a single roll through it so far, it's just as awesome as I had hoped!
Once you've seen the world through the big viewfinder of a medium format SLR it's hard to go back to anything else!

Flower Pot Man

Cactus

STOP IT !!… I'm trying not to think about 6x7..I've got enough kit I don't use..

Pete, I really love these, a great documentary record of your time there. As mentioned in previous threads I was a student in Berlin in the early 1980's. Your pictures of the Russian Sector bring back many memories for me!

15607575899_bc647f4a01_c.jpg

Democracy on Flickr

Bronica SQ-A, Zenzanon PS 150mm f/4.
Foma Fomapan Action 400, developed in 1:3 dilution of ID11.
Paul, really love this image, it has a sort of Orwellian Big Brother feel to it, I have never shot with Fomapan, although i have a few rolls in my film fridge, this shot is a good advert to give it a try!

Here's a picture I recently took with my new GF670. I literally spent years trying to decide whether to buy one or not, but recently bit the bullet and sold my Leica to fund it, and am very happy so far, as it ticks all the boxes. Not the sharpest picture but it was shot handheld in a gale, whilst holding onto my dog with one hand!

Tryfan
by osh rees, on Flickr
Osh, as ever a lovely image, great tone and colour. I am off to Snowdonia on Wednesday afternoon, my regular escape from the flatland's of Norfolk to take in some mountain air and may be take a snap or two!

Reactions: osh
A couple of test shots at slightly quirky angles, with my new to me Contax G1 and 28mm Zeiss Biogon, a quirky but nice to use camera, the film was unsurprisingly Agfa Vista 200, souped and scanned by ASDA.

Pull
15794703011_9d3bfd7cf4_b.jpg

Tombland
15796575855_81c1c397ff_b.jpg

Walken's Accepted
15176621324_63ab1fb550_b.jpg

1962 Austin Healey that my mate turned up in today. What a beautiful car. 3.0l straight 6. Would have liked more time and a proper location but just a couple of snaps. Wish I had framed the first a little looser. Also shot some on Velvia 50, but I cannot develop that myself, so have to wait. :(

Hasselblad 500c/m, 80mm, Ilford FP4

Austin Healey - 1962 by GazMortonPhoto, on Flickr

Austin Healey - 1962 by GazMortonPhoto, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers Steve. Just a candle on that one, 4 second exposure.

Very nice indeed Carl, gerberas are very good subjects for flower photography.

A couple from me, the first one inspired by EssexAsh. Mamiya C330f, Mamiya 55mm f3.5, devved in Ilfotec LC29
Watch-bits2-close-up by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Book-&-Candle2-close-up by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Andy

My consultancy fees are quite reasonable ;)

I'm not going to post up the pics i did for the Time challenge. They were that bad i actually threw the negs in the bin. I might dig one out and start a "When photo ideas go bad" thread :)

Last edited:
Thanks Ash, the cheques in the post. :whistle:

Some curvy, groovy rock.
Mamiya RZ67 and Kodak TMax100

S is for Skye ... or Scotland
by Kevin J Allan, on Flickr

Rock lines
by Kevin J Allan, on Flickr

These are great, very Joe Cornish esque. Love them.

Tryfan
by osh rees, on Flickr

Stunner, as usual Mr @osh

I really like this. What / Where is it?

Very nice indeed Carl, gerberas are very good subjects for flower photography.

A couple from me, the first one inspired by EssexAsh. Mamiya C330f, Mamiya 55mm f3.5, devved in Ilfotec LC29
Watch-bits2-close-up by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Book-&-Candle2-close-up by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Andy

Really nice work, Andy. How did you manage to align the C330 and the subject plane? Was it on a tripod and tilted over alarmingly? I'm finding it hard to get my head around it!

Back