Show us yer film shots then!

First time I've used Fujifilm Pro 400H and I rather like it, Bronica SQA

Processed at home and the flippin magnet came off the bottom of the Jobo so I had to rotate it by hand

JugAndBottle by Chris H, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nicely done Chris. I've just tried a roll of Pro 400H on Andy's recommendation, and I'm also pretty impressed with it.

First time I've used Fujifilm Pro 400H and I rather like it, Bronica SQA

Processed at home and the flippin magnet came off the bottom of the Jobo so I had to rotate it by hand

JugAndBottle by Chris H, on Flickr

That's really nice, Chris. Two things that I was a little disturbed by, dunno what you think... the uneven framing on the two sides (and a bit of convergence on the RHS), and that window bar close to the top. I think it works as a framing device quite well, but for some reason the vertical bar going up out of frame in the middle bugs me a bit. If you cropped in closer at the right, you'd have to move that bottle (which is lovely BTW) I think. But the texture and sheen on the jar is just... terrific!

That's really nice, Chris. Two things that I was a little disturbed by, dunno what you think... the uneven framing on the two sides (and a bit of convergence on the RHS), and that window bar close to the top. I think it works as a framing device quite well, but for some reason the vertical bar going up out of frame in the middle bugs me a bit. If you cropped in closer at the right, you'd have to move that bottle (which is lovely BTW) I think. But the texture and sheen on the jar is just... terrific!
Thanks Chris, the uneven framing was deliberate but perhaps not enough to be convincing? I hadn't been too bothered by the convergence but I can probably correct that and fair point about the glazing bar at at the top. I'll see what I can do (y)

Yashica Mat 124 G
Ilford HP5+

FILM - Plague Cottage
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Tragic..maybe it's this woman I read about when she had to bury her husband and children one by one when they died. The thinking today is the plague was worse because many people were under nourished because of bad harvests for two consecutive summers previously and didn't have an excellent resistance to fight this disease.
And a thought:-- because of the people that survived, we the descendants have some immunity because of genes (or whatever) to fight this particular plague if it spreads to Europe again.

Tragic..maybe it's this woman I read about when she had to bury her husband and children one by one when they died. The thinking today is the plague was worse because many people were under nourished because of bad harvests for two consecutive summers previously and didn't have an excellent resistance to fight this disease.
And a thought:-- because of the people that survived, we the descendants have some immunity because of genes (or whatever) to fight this particular plague if it spreads to Europe again.

The village of Eyam, where this was taken, quarantined themselves in order to prevent the disease spreading further afield. Reports on the number of deaths vary, but it was over 50% of the population lost. There are plaques about the outbreak dotted around the village.

The village of Eyam, where this was taken, quarantined themselves in order to prevent the disease spreading further afield. Reports on the number of deaths vary, but it was over 50% of the population lost. There are plaques about the outbreak dotted around the village.

Good thinking in the village of Eyam, as we know today (esp with cattle) quarantine is the only way and if it was possible enforced by soldiers all around the outbreaks in the country....what made it worse were people not infected but carriers fleeing outbreaks and just spreading the disease further.

First one taken 2010 with Nikon F601,Sigma 24mm and Konica centuria 200Asa 7 years OOD at the time.

The second taken 2012 with Konica C35 Konica centuria 200Asa 9 years OOD at the time.

Don't tell him your NAME, Pike -----

The things I do to get a photograph....... :jawdrop:

Nikon F80, Nikon 28-200mm on Kodak Colour Plus 200.
Melbreak 7 by Andy, on Flickr

And this is what we climbed, Melbreak 1780 feet.
Melbreak 3 by Andy, on Flickr

And the view from the top looking down Crummock water and Buttermere.
Melbreak 16 by Andy, on Flickr

And the motley crew who we climbed it with.
Melbreak 17 by Andy, on Flickr

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That first photo tells me you were bringing up the rear. :)

The last three show that it was well worth it. I particularly like the #2 and #3 it is a shame about the low cloud,but,it does show the atmosphere :) of the day.

Well done in both ways.(y)

Last edited:
Well just as well I didn't go as you would have to carry me up the hill\hills on a stretcher o_O:(

Like that a lot Nige, having just watched the Don Mccullin documentary the sharp contrast and deep blacks are reminiscent of some of his work.

Thanks Chris. That's high praise indeed! :)

As with many of my shots that I end up really liking, it was pure chance that I got this. The actual shot I'd planned on taking is below. It had been a really foggy day, but the sun was breaking through and creating some lovely light, and I spotted this collection of sheds as I was driving home from the Peak District. As I pulled over the guy in the shot above pulled up across the road. At first I thought his car would ruin my planned picture but then, after feeding the sheep near the sheds, he walked up the path creating the silouhette. Just a very happy accident. :)

FILM - Sheeptown

The things I do to get a photograph....... :jawdrop:

Nikon F80, Nikon 28-200mm on Kodak Colour Plus 200.
Melbreak 7 by Andy, on Flickr

And this is what we climbed, Melbreak 1780 feet.
Melbreak 3 by Andy, on Flickr

And the view from the top looking down Crummock water and Buttermere.
Melbreak 16 by Andy, on Flickr

And the motley crew who we climbed it with.
Melbreak 17 by Andy, on Flickr

Not impressed Andy - where was the large format camera? You cheated with 35mm .......... tut tut!

Only joking - love them :)

Not impressed Andy - where was the large format camera? You cheated with 35mm .......... tut tut!

Only joking - love them :)

Foolishly I hadn't taken a small camera with me so I had to use Jan's, I'm afraid that I am just too old, fat and knackered to carry anything big and metal up a hill nowadays :)

Foolishly I hadn't taken a small camera with me so I had to use Jan's, I'm afraid that I am just too old, fat and knackered to carry anything big and metal up a hill nowadays :)
Respect, Andy! (y) (wot, no fist pump emoji? ;))

Last edited:
I've had a productive weekend this week. I shot a full roll of Superia 100 yesterday on the Canon Sure Shot AF35M II that I bought for a quid at a flea market last year (the first time I've used this camera), and then today shot a roll of Fomapan 400 with the Kodak Retina IIa that I was gifted via the Emulsive Secret Santa at Christmas (again, the first time I've used this particular camera). Hopefully all will have worked ok and I should get some photos to view this week.

In the meantime, here is a shot taken a couple of weeks ago at Newark Air Museum.

Nikon F80
Nikkor 28-80mm f/3.5-5.6 AF
Fomapan 400

FILM - Vulcan

Last edited:
I made up an old pack of XTOL that had been in a cupboard for many years, with not much confidence of success. A 2004 roll of FP4+ seemed like a suitable sacrifice, so loaded the Yashicamat and had a stroll round the village of Ardersier near Inverness airport. The thatched cottage appeared really incongruous, but apparently there were 365 of them many years ago. The garden shed in another part of the village wasn't quite so well preserved.

2019-02-11-0010-copy-tp.jpg

2019-02-11-0011-copy-tp.jpg

I made up an old pack of XTOL that had been in a cupboard for many years, with not much confidence of success. A 2004 roll of FP4+ seemed like a suitable sacrifice, so loaded the Yashicamat and had a stroll round the village of Ardersier near Inverness airport. The thatched cottage appeared really incongruous, but apparently there were 365 of them many years ago. The garden shed in another part of the village wasn't quite so well preserved.

View attachment 237332

View attachment 237333

Very fine with good contrast,I like these very much,nicely done Peter.(y)

These are actually shots I took in order to test out my Paterson Orbital Developer but I'm quite pleased with them.

Urn by Andy, on Flickr
Statues by Andy, on Flickr
St Michaels by Andy, on Flickr
Bench by Andy, on Flickr

Wista Field 45, Schneider Kreuznach 90mm f5.6 on Fomapan 100.

That last one's a nice one Andy. Lots of atmosphere.

These are actually shots I took in order to test out my Paterson Orbital Developer but I'm quite pleased with them.

Urn by Andy, on Flickr
Statues by Andy, on Flickr
St Michaels by Andy, on Flickr
Bench by Andy, on Flickr

Wista Field 45, Schneider Kreuznach 90mm f5.6 on Fomapan 100.

Excellent detail Andy and very fine grain,well actually no grain well produced. I very much like the atmosphere of the last one.(y)

Yashica Mat 124 G
Kodak Tri-X (expired 2018)

Sadly, several photos from this roll had the backing paper print coming through onto the negatives. Luckily it's relatively easy to remove against a plain sky, and I think I've done a halfway decent job here. That said, I've done this before and then, weeks later, spotted a blatantly obvious "KODAK" that I'd missed. :)

FILM - Frosting

Sadly, several photos from this roll had the backing paper print coming through onto the negatives. Luckily it's relatively easy to remove against a plain sky, and I think I've done a halfway decent job here. That said, I've done this before and then, weeks later, spotted a blatantly obvious "KODAK" that I'd missed. :)
I'd not be expecting backing paper problems on my old film, far less that with an expiry date of 2018. If this is from a batch, maybe it would be worthwhile dropping an email to Kodak? :thinking:

I have a memory that Kodak had this problem some years ago with a defective batch (or batches) and the batch number was circulated. I can't recall what the film was though - it might have been colour.

Last edited:
Found it - see here and the link for batch numbers.

Found it - see here and the link for batch numbers.

Thanks Stephen. It looks like that's the cause of my problem - the batch is 0871, one of those affected. I still have three rolls left too. I'll just have to make sure they don't get used for anything I'm too invested in (or try to shoot things with busy backgrounds). :)

This is the shot that Ian ( @Harlequin565 ) has kindly printed for me. I actually took it 4 years ago but recently decided to re-process it as I wasn't happy with my previous attempts, this time I think I got it how I wanted it.

Mamiya C330f, Mamiya Sekor 55mm f2.8, Fuji Acros 100

Print by Andy, on Flickr

this time I think I got it how I wanted it.

I have to say, it looks stunning on paper. I'd be sorely tempted to get this up to A2/A3 :)
Great image Andy. Has a real Mapplethorpe/Weston feel to it.

Yashica Mat 124 G
Kodak Tri-X (expired 2018)

FILM - Frosting
Awesome Nige!

Whilst I have decided to shoot only 35mm for the foreseeable (yes, that's subject to change), thought I would share this as I have just sold a 12x8 inch print of it to a lovely young lady in Norway. Printed on 308gsm photo-rag paper. I really like the matte finish for my prints after reading several travel magazines that use similar.

Leica M2 - 50mm Summicron - Fuji Pro 400H

Back