Show us yer film shots then!

Wista 45, Fujinon 135mm f5.6, Fomapan 100, 1/8th of a second at f8, developed in Ilfotec 39 at 1 to 19 dilution for 6 minutes.

Time Passes
Time Passes 1 by Andy, on Flickr

The close focusing of that camera/lens combination is wonderful for minute objects. I'm sure you'll second that, when you have the time to do so. I'll watch for your reply.

The close focusing of that camera/lens combination is wonderful for minute objects. I'm sure you'll second that, when you have the time to do so. I'll watch for your reply.

Sorry Stephen I've only just clocked what you were saying. ;)

I met this chat in Manchester last Friday and asked if I could take his portrait, to which he kindly agreed. I stood and chatted with him for a while and it turns out he's had something of an interesting life and a documentary is being produced about him (http://www.appyallanfilm.com/). It was good to talk with him.

Olympus 35 RC
JCH Street Pan

FILM - Appy Allan
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Nothing 'special' photo wise but I went and tested my 'new to me' Rolleiflex 3.5f (K4F) today and I have fallen madly in love!

The Carl Zeiss Planar lens is absolutely gorgeous; the below have zero editing (very,very minor sharpening) and I love the contrast/sharpness/character the of images produced by this camera!

Even the meter is accurate!

Rolleiflex 3.5f, Ilford HP5, developed in Ilfosol 3

Image 1 by Fraser White, on Flickr

Wide open at F3.5:

Image 2 by Fraser White, on Flickr

Image 3 by Fraser White, on Flickr

Last edited:
I expected the seaside to be somewhat deserted in February, but it became quite busy as the day went on. There was even an ice-cream van! It was half-term, and unseasonably warm, I suppose.

Yashica Mat 124 G
Fujifilm Pro 400H

FILM - Beach attractions

FILM - Fish and chips
I love that second one, Nige; I think it's got a real Martin Parr/Tony Ray-Jones look to it. How typically British... no matter what the weather; a seaside pier, fish and chips, gulls, a chap (head down) walking his dog, and a small child on the beach full of eager anticipation complete with wellies, woolly hat and bucket and spade (standing, juxtaposed, if almost as a nod towards, or perhaps as a parody of, those Gormley figures) waiting for summer to arrive! There'll always be an England. (y)

Last edited:
Crikey Nige - getting some good 'camera time' at the moment! - Good lad; lovely results as ever.

Thanks Fraser. I had two week's leave at Christmas, but was ill for the entire duration and did no photography at all (bar some Instax and digital stuff on Christmas Day), so when I had last week off I made the most of it - I visited the Martin Parr exhibition in Manchester and shot a roll and a half of B&W during the day. I then finished the half roll back in Sheffield a few days later. Then I went to Cleethorpes for the day with the intention of getting some off-season seaside shots and used another full roll of 135 plus 9 frames of 120. I'm now skint! :D

I love that second one, Nige; I think it's got a real Martin Parr/Tony Ray-Jones look to it. How typically British... no matter what the weather; a seaside pier, fish and chips, gulls, a chap (head down) walking his dog, and a small child on the beach full of eager anticipation complete with wellies, woolly hat and bucket and spade (standing, juxtaposed, if almost as a nod towards, or perhaps as a parody of, those Gormley figures) waiting for summer to arrive! There'll always be an England. (y)

Thanks Jules. I like Martin Parr, so there's definitely some influence on some of the photos I make, although I don't think this one would quite make it into The Last Resort. :)

I wish I'd been a fraction quicker and got the dog walker over to the left of the frame as I think it would've made a nice picture. I don't mind the boy looking out of frame though as I think it adds a bit of interest.

To my surprise, both these photos (plus the one below) - all consecutive uploads yesterday - all made it into Flickr Explore today. I'm not too surprised at the truck shot, as photos of HGV's seem to be a subject that always pop up in Explore for some (unknown to me) reason.

FILM - That time Optimus ran away to join the circus

Last edited:
Scan day! Just got a few random rolls back, one from the Xpan. Not in the same league as @FujiLove with this camera, but I do love the format. I am definitely not going to sell this one and try and shoot it more to try and learn how to best use the aspect ratio.

From a little hike around Snowdonia a few weeks ago with @RichieTee

:)

Scan day! Just got a few random rolls back, one from the Xpan. Not in the same league as @FujiLove with this camera, but I do love the format. I am definitely not going to sell this one and try and shoot it more to try and learn how to best use the aspect ratio.

Was about to message you and ask when I was likely to see some images. Lovely stuff mate (y)

Was about to message you and ask when I was likely to see some images. Lovely stuff mate (y)

Thanks man. Have a couple of MF ones too and some more on a roll that I have just posted and am waiting for. Obviously not as dedicated landscape as yourself, but something different perhaps.

Thanks man. Have a couple of MF ones too and some more on a roll that I have just posted and am waiting for. Obviously not as dedicated landscape as yourself, but something different perhaps.
Look forward to seeing them mate. I know there were a few that you were happy with so i'm hoping they transferred well from what you saw through the viewfinder to film :)

I love the colour and tones of these Gareth. Two and three especially.

I love the colour and tones of these Gareth. Two and three especially.

Thank you. Have a few more on the roll that might be ok, but thought those fit together. It's a wonderful camera. Can't wait to use it more. Think it's gonna have to come to Vietnam.

This was a potential entry for "Abstract and Odd" this month, but I changed my mind as it didn't feel abstract or odd entough. It's a bit of a crop as I used the Rolleinar 2 close-up lens and forgot to line up the red dot, so the parallax correction was waaaay out. :D

It was also shot on the dodgy batch of Tri-X that has the backing paper text appear on the negatives, so I had to edit that out too.

Yashica Mat 124 G & Rolleinar 2
Kodak Tri-X (expired 2018)

FILM - Pods

This was a potential entry for "Abstract and Odd" this month, but I changed my mind as it didn't feel abstract or odd entough. It's a bit of a crop as I used the Rolleinar 2 close-up lens and forgot to line up the red dot, so the parallax correction was waaaay out. :D

It was also shot on the dodgy batch of Tri-X that has the backing paper text appear on the negatives, so I had to edit that out too.

FILM - Pods

Actually I think it fits abstract AND odd quite well, not least because I've no idea what it is (they are)! And the shot works very well, too.

FILM - Pods

I have to say Nige that I am enjoying your photography very much at the moment - you have developed a 'style' that is instantly recognisable as yours - something I really want to worl on for myself.

Well done!

Shot with some kind of Chinon SLR found at a junk fair in 2001 unknown film, long before I had any interest in photography.wasp.jpg

And another strange thing to find in a Garden

spit.jpg

Last edited:
I have to say Nige that I am enjoying your photography very much at the moment - you have developed a 'style' that is instantly recognisable as yours - something I really want to worl on for myself.

Well done!

Thanks Fraser. I don’t (at least not consciously) aim to shoot things a particular way, so I guess I’ve must’ve just got a certain way of looking at subjects. Given that I’ll photograph pretty much anything that catches my eye it’s nice to know that I’ve managed to develop a style that can be recognised by others regardless of the subject matter. :)

Inspired by the 2nd favourite Christmas movie "Elf", these were taken as possibles for the January FPOTY Little and Large topic. Location is the Fairy Glen at Rosemarkie and the first 2 were Fuji 400H in the Bronny Sq, while the third one is Poundland Agfa in the OM2. The big boot is mine. ;)

000075730006-copy-v1.jpg

000075730009-copy-v1.jpg

000075740021-v1.jpg

Back