Show us yer film shots then!

Just AAMOI with shots 6 years apart. The lovely orangery shot was using Ferrania film (don't ask me why\how it came out like that) and the cold looking one was Vista.
Minolta 35-70 f3.5 Ferrania film dev by Asda and taken 6 years ago.
x02WE1U.jpg

F4 with Nikon 24mm and Vista film dev by filmdev
C5Plu4F.jpg

Not really my shot but I'm sure he would give me his permission, Taken by my 5 year old grandson on my Jenaflex AH1 I set the aperture but got him to focus until he thought it was best and then take the shot. Something must have gone wrong though as I look much older than I feel ! Colourplus 200.

me2.jpg

Have you reversed the lens yet to get very close? You say Distagon 80 but I know the Planar could do this, but can't remember if the lens was 80mm or 75mm.
I haven't tried that yet, I would have had a go yesterday but I managed to use all 12 shots on that roll with the lens mounted normally.

A bit random this but standing outside a shop in Whitby in April this year waiting again for Mrs Badger (I don't do or like shopping) I saw these and the colour just said you have to photograph me ! Jenaflex AH1, 135mm Pentacon and Kodak colourplus.Through glass. I really like the fact that by the time I have a few films for developing I've forgotten what exactly was on the film !

BOOTS.jpg

Bloomin' 'eck, @Kevin Allan those are brilliant pinhole images! That RSS pinhole must be tuned dead-on... and the compositions are great, too.

Two photos of the same thing on two different cameras ,First one is a Praktica Nova L using the sunny 16 method of exposure second is Kodak fun saver using the press it and see you have no choice anyway method of exposure. I don't think there is a lot of difference between them and knowing what they were taken on I'm actually more impressed by the photo from the disposable !

train.jpg

dis.jpg

Last edited:
Two photos of the same thing on two different cameras ,First one is a Praktica Nova L using the sunny 16 method of exposure second is Kodak fun saver using the press it and see you have no choice anyway method of exposure. I don't think there is a lot of difference between them and knowing what they were taken on I'm actually more impressed by the photo from the disposable !

View attachment 251834polarizing

View attachment 251835

You can see the sharpness fall off in the disposable shot, but the engine really pops.

The first one was a little difficult to meter as I was in shadow but the sky/top part of the engine were pretty bright as can be seen, overall I don't think my calculated guess was too bad ! As you say Nige you can see the difference in sharpness. The photos were both taken in late Feb early April so by 2-3pm the sun was quite low in the sky coming from one side of Hampton Loade station.

Last edited:
Well all you need is a pinhole lens board to put on your LF camera

And the very real risk of wasting a sheet of film, well near certainty if I'm taking the photo... Although its a near certainty regardless what lens I'm using.

And the very real risk of wasting a sheet of film, well near certainty if I'm taking the photo... Although its a near certainty regardless what lens I'm using.
You could argue that you're less likely to waste a sheet with pinhole than with a lens-based LF camera, because you don't have to worry about the focus

You've gone to all the trouble of choosing your spot, selecting your composition and metering, then somebody just wanders into it and stands there regardless. Ah well, maybe it gives a sense of scale? :whistle: Crovie, Canon Z135, Fuji Superia 400

000096350009-copy3-tp.jpg

You've gone to all the trouble of choosing your spot, selecting your composition and metering, then somebody just wanders into it and stands there regardless. Ah well, maybe it gives a sense of scale? :whistle: Crovie, Canon Z135, Fuji Superia 400

View attachment 251920

I don't think having the figures in there hurts it too much. Maybe if they were on the path itself it would have been marginally improved, but I think the shot might work better by not having the foreground empty. It's a nice location, composition and photograph wahtever the case. (y)

I know also that, sometimes, people like to avoid having contemporary subjects in their photographs because it can disrupt the timelessness of a scene, or spoil the "olden days" feel that they might have been trying to achieve, but I don't mind too much. The stuff that looks modern and "everyday" to us today will itself look dated and nstalgic in years to come.

somebody just wanders into it and stands there regardless. Ah well, maybe it gives a sense of scale? :whistle: Crovie

Could av been worse and been some ugly aging tramp like me dominating your image:p:runaway:

This one was a potential shot for the FPotY comp back in May.

Canon Sure Shot Z135
Lomography Color Negative 400

FILM - On the edge
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

I really like this one! The Lomo film isn’t one of considered before as in my mind i’d always likened it the looks out of their cameras but it makes perfect sense that it’s a nice film in a more sophisticated camera :LOL: I realise that sounds daft but might be something I need to look into :)

I also have a Sureshot Zoom somewhere too, although I think it’s a 105. I’ve never shot anything through it though, perhaps a trip into the loft is in order to find it :)

I really like this one! The Lomo film isn’t one of considered before as in my mind i’d always likened it the looks out of their cameras but it makes perfect sense that it’s a nice film in a more sophisticated camera :LOL: I realise that sounds daft but might be something I need to look into :)

I also have a Sureshot Zoom somewhere too, although I think it’s a 105. I’ve never shot anything through it though, perhaps a trip into the loft is in order to find it :)

Thanks Andy. The Lomography Color Negative 400 film is rumoured to be Kodacolor VR film that has been re-badged. Whatever the case, I really like how it looks.

I've got two Sure Shot models (a Telemax and the Z135 that I used for this shot). Both give really nice results. The other one I've used (but no longer own) is a Sure Shot AF35M II, which is an earlier model. The controls were a bit clunkier, but it had a fixed 38mm f/2.8 lens that also gave very sharp results. There are loads of Sure Shot models and I don't know how all of them fare, but I'd be happy to try any of them based on my previous experiences with the range.

Thanks Andy. The Lomography Color Negative 400 film is rumoured to be Kodacolor VR film that has been re-badged. Whatever the case, I really like how it looks.

I've got two Sure Shot models (a Telemax and the Z135 that I used for this shot). Both give really nice results. The other one I've used (but no longer own) is a Sure Shot AF35M II, which is an earlier model. The controls were a bit clunkier, but it had a fixed 38mm f/2.8 lens that also gave very sharp results. There are loads of Sure Shot models and I don't know how all of them fare, but I'd be happy to try any of them based on my previous experiences with the range.

Funnily enough the AF35MII is a model I have on my shelf :LOL: My parents had one when I was growing up so it reminds me of using theirs when I was little. I also had the AF35ML too, the one with the 40mm 1.9 lens on but I never really gelled with it, it was bigger so wouldn’t fit in a pocket at which point I carried an SLR instead. I sold it on for a small profit but not as much as I would now!

Also I’ve been looking at some more colour 400 film just the past couple of days, I was pretty much resolved to pick up some Portra as I love it but this could change things!

Last edited:
Back