Show us yer film shots then!

I really like the living room shot, Peter. Lovely interest in there. I feels like it's leaning to the right a little, but I'm just picking nits.
Thanks, it does have a slight lean. I intentionally made two adjustments to the camera to improve the framing before taking the shot (that is after levelling up); a little back rise and a little front shift. The Toyo camera has many knobs and levers so it looks to me as if I might have had a bit of front swing on by mistake. Either the front standard wasn't locked off or I hadn't zeroed it correctly. Anyway I didn't notice it at the time.

Asha, the front room pictures were spocessed in the Sreaman, the flowers in the orbital.

I used the Cinestill two bath kit today to develop the first C41 I’ve done at home. I was pleasantly surprised with how simple it was (1 less step than standard B&W development) and I was happy with most of the results from a 15 year out of date roll of Portra 160 I’d shot with a new to me Lomo LC-A.

Uploading straight to here, as my Flickr account is full, so the quality will be hit;

Adjustments.JPG

Adjustments.JPG

Adjustments.JPG

IMG_4725.JPG

Considering the film, and Lomo camera (which I’m actually really enjoying using), I’m quite impressed. These were scanned on my V700.

From the moment you load a roll of black and white film into your camera, you just know you're bound to see lots of colourful wildlife just sitting there posing beautifully for you! :eggface: :banghead:

Canon EOS-3, Sigma 100-400 on Kodak T-Max 400.

Last edited:
One for @Asha. Kitty isn't the best when it comes to the use of the French language but, as cats do, she tries to make her opinion known.

Thank you Mr B for thinking of me. [emoji846]

A lovely cat you have there.... I’m missing mine atm as I’m sure they are missing their top notch tin opener .... Me! [emoji23] lol

My two ( well all three upto losing Marcus recently) were bilingual and always knew if I was annoyed with them as I would speak in English ( more foul words available than in French lol)

In fact the two girls might even understand Italian too as they are presently being looked after by an italien friend.

From the moment you load a roll of black and white film into your camera, you just know you're bound to see lots of colourful wildlife just sitting there posing beautifully for you! :eggface: :banghead:

Canon EOS-3, Sigma 100-400 on Kodak T-Max 400.

The last one works really well in monochrome imo. I likes very much [emoji106]

Thank you Mr B for thinking of me. [emoji846]

A lovely cat you have there.... I’m missing mine atm as I’m sure they are missing their top notch tin opener .... Me! [emoji23] lol

My two ( well all three upto losing Marcus recently) were bilingual and always knew if I was annoyed with them as I would speak in English ( more foul words available than in French lol)

In fact the two girls might even understand Italian too as they are presently being looked after by an italien friend.
Thanks for the kind words, as long as the food is to their liking and keeps coming then I'm sure your cats won't mind the language barrier! Kitty is my mother's cat, she was a totally wild feral cat, and probably around 9 months old when she turned up 3 years last March in my Mum's garden, where she chose to live part way up a dense fir tree. Kitty was painfully thin, very sparsely furred and suffering from a terrible cold, to the extent that you could hear her chest rattling if you stood near the tree. She would certainly have died if Mum hadn't won Kitty's trust in time to lure her into the house one rainy night with the smell of a roasting chicken! The door was quickly shut behind her and she's been in residence ever since!

Lots of care and vets bills later, she's settled in very well (considering she'd clearly never been inside a house before) and she's now very much part of the family and, going off that photo, would appear to understand more French than I do! I'm pretty much limited to "Une glace fraise s'il vous plait"... mind you, I was only 9 last time I was over there! :)

Last edited:
Hello. I'm new to the forum and this is actually my first post.
From time to time I shoot on 35mm film. I develop negative in a local lab and digitalize myself.
Here is one shoot with Canon EOS 5, scanned with my old photo magnfier and EOS 60D with macro lens 60mm f2.8 attached.

30711585441_a366b61e10_c.jpg

A bridge to island Krk in Croatia. At a time it was built, it was the longest bridge arch worldwide. Shoot with EOS 5 and 70-200L f2.8 lens.

Last edited:
Good start and welcome to the forum.

Hello. I'm new to the forum and this is actually my first post.
From time to time I shoot on 35mm film. I develop negative in a local lab and digitalize myself.
Here is one shoot with Canon EOS 5, scanned with my old photo magnfier and EOS 60D with macro lens 60mm f2.8 attached.

30711585441_a366b61e10_c.jpg

A bridge to island Krk in Croatia. At a time it was built, it was the longest bridge arch worldwide. Shoot with EOS 5 and 70-200L f2.8 lens.

Welcome to the forum and a lovely first post.

This one is taken on Ektachrome 64 in Regent's Park in the summer of 1990.
One of the best things about lockdown is that I've spent time looking over old negatives and transparencies and I've rediscovered the love for film.
I'm now on the hunt for a camera the same as I originally used, a Nikon FE2 and 50mm lens.

regents park.jpg

Last edited:
This one is taken on Ektachrome 64 in Regent's Park in the summer of 1990.
One of the best things about lockdown is that I've spent time looking over old negatives and transparencies and I've rediscovered the love for film.
I'm now on the hunt for a camera the same as I originally used, a Nikon FE2 and 50mm lens.

View attachment 285315

That's a cracking picture @Plankton. Beautiful colours, interesting subjects, and a nice sense of story - particularly the camera shy fellow on the left.

A photo of the church at Thorpe Salvin made during a early walk not long after lockdown restrictions were first relaxed. This is a re-scan on my Plustek to see how it compared with my Filmdev scan and I preferred mine in this case (although for some of the others I tried re-scanning, the Filmdev Noritsu scans were clear winners). For this one I got a higher contrast result with punchier, sligtly cooler colours. Probably more noise than the Noritsu scan though, probably down to my sharpening.

Nikon F80
Nikkor 28-80mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-D
Kodak Gold 200

The church at Thorpe Salvin
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Last edited:
I gave my 'Gift' Chinon 'Prinzflex TTL' an outing to Gunnersbury Park near Shoeburyness, Essex England. I had some outdated FP4 + loaded cut from a gift Bulk tin -- no much left ! I processed in my Home-Made FX-4 Formula 1+1 for 7.45 mins @ 20oC I tokk some with the 55mm f1.4 Auto-Reflex lens and some with a Tamron Adaptall II 300mm f5.6 , a SMC -Takumar 135mm f3.5 and a SMC - Takumar 28mm f3.5 with Orange filter.
55mm f1.4 lens
Chinon 'Prinzflex' + FP4+ 01 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Chinon'Prinzflex'+ FP4+ 02 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Tamron 300mm f5.6 lens

Chinon 'Prinzflex' + FP4+ 03 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
SMC -Takumar 135mm f3.5
Chinon 'Prinzflex'+ FP4+ 06 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
SMC-Takumar 28mm f3.5 + Orange Filter
Chinon 'Prinzflex' + FP4+ 07 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Back