Show us yer film shots then!

Well I'm quite pleased with my Canon FDN 20mm f2.8 with fungus. I'll make sure the fungus is dead by pointing the lens in sunlight and whether the shots would look better spending £50 to clean it, it could be the law of diminishing returns..anyway:-
Test shots and all filmdev low scan, Vista 200 and scanner Frontier
u31eCHJ.jpg

V934mt9.jpg

the church on my monitor seems to be a bit pinky and can't remove it
aCNCPsD.jpg

Last edited:
Are the bars to prevent escape, or ingress? Behopes there was never a fire!

I can’t speak for other European countries but here in France ground floor windows are typically barred like in my appartement . Depending on property owners and districts, some upper floors particularly first floor windows are too.
Sadly thieves target ground floor !

I fully agree about the fire aspect and indeed it disturbed me greatly when I first came here.
At one point living second floor ( windows not barred) but with only the one entry /exit ( again not unknown out here) , I actually sorted a rope attached to the balcony for an emergency escape route.

Now I think little about seeing barred windows etc not that the concern doesn’t still remain.
Similarly, not in my present home, electrical sockets are common place in bathrooms !

Last edited:
Last edited:
I’m finding it hard to make out if its in focus despite this.

have you tried testing it out on a nice contrasty subject? Not necessarily taking photos, but just seeing if you can get it to focus? Maybe a poster with some text on it, or a clock-face. Something like that.

I’m generally pretty confident about the focus when I make the photo, but I do miss sometimes, especially if I’m rushing, or the subject is moving.

Washi S on the RB67 from a while ago. Just developed ther film today.

No times for HC-110, so followed the "dev as for Tri-X" instruction and feel that it's a bit under.

And yes... The dust... *sigh*

2020-07-09-washiS-rb67-07.jpg

have you tried testing it out on a nice contrasty subject? Not necessarily taking photos, but just seeing if you can get it to focus? Maybe a poster with some text on it, or a clock-face. Something like that.

I’m generally pretty confident about the focus when I make the photo, but I do miss sometimes, especially if I’m rushing, or the subject is moving.
It’s manageable in very good light, but generally indoors - forget it. I now tend to use zone focussing with a good depth of field and the sports finder.

Some of the previous photographs here are so sharp and clean and then I post one that looks like it's been shot through the bottom of a milk bottle ...
This is a market stall in Lviv, formerly Lwow formerly Lemberg in Ukraine.
Ilford HP4

Market Lviv.jpg

Last edited:
Sharpness is overrated ! Which issomething I keep hearing , In your shot Plankton I think it is really true !

Sharpness is overrated ! Which issomething I keep hearing , In your shot Plankton I think it is really true !

Sharpness over rated? well all the guys shooting with Holga's, pin holes, old plastic fantastic's etc would agree with you :D but of course it's all fun for some.

Sharpness, no grain, rule of thirds blah blah blah.... who dictates these rules ?

Guidelines yes fair enough I will accept but bot rulings that make one feel ashamed to show an image that isn’t “perfect”

Outside of the box offers interest .... maintaining the so called rules leads to more of the same which in turn can become mundane and darn right boring ( like most of my photos [emoji23] lol)

FPOTY -- 12 December - Rule of thirds :whistle: ;)

Yes I know but let’s be honest, how can we take that as a serious rule given the authoritive ( cough splutter) source! [emoji23] lol

Well us filmies like doing it our way and the get the results we like....but when a 10 year old kid can produce a sharp clean shot on his\her mobile it sorta sets the standard what joe public expects in a shot other than a very old one?

Well us filmies like doing it our way and the get the results we like....but when a 10 year old kid can produce a sharp clean shot on his\her mobile it sorta sets the standard what joe public expects in a shot other than a very old one?

I don’t do photography to meet the expectations of others.
Nor do I do standards..... I’m sure that has been noticed [emoji23] lol

I don’t do photography to meet the expectations of others.
Nor do I do standards..... I’m sure that has been noticed [emoji23] lol

Well I do a lot of family shots and they (esp youngens) would sometimes mention any film shots that don't match their mobiles...so I do my best for a sharp clean shot on film.

Your discussion/argument has made me come up with an idea for a thread have a look here

Breaking rules

My very first exposure on 10x8 b&w negative film ( although i have exposed Whole plate sheets before which are a similar sized format.)

Captured using borrowed equipment ( many thanks @StephenM (y) ) whilst in Sussex last year.

Jack and Jill went up the hill..............................................................and built a windmill ??!!! :thinking::thinking:

Jack and Jill  TP.jpg

IIRC the advantage of Ektachrome was you could dev it yourself....I think I've dev it and have some shots but got the exposure wrong and looks like they are over exposed
Yes, I used to use an E6 dev kit (I also bought a bulk roll of Barfen E6 slide film and loaded my own at one time too). It was a bit more complicated and temperature control was critical with an E6 kit in those days, so I didn't make a habit of it - I was a young teen living at home in those days and my Mum wasn't too keen on her kitchen looking like a science lab on a Saturday afternoon!

Canon EOS 50e - an excellent camera with the brilliant eye-focus that all cameras should have.
I cannot remember the film I used and looking at the film rebate there are numbers but no readable film name.
The subject is Lincoln Cathedral.
Cathedral-4.jpgCathedral-5.jpgCathedral-6.jpgCathedral-7.jpgCathedral-8.jpgCathedral-9.jpg

Unlikely to be able to get out with a camera for at least another day or two ( now been nearly 3 weeks :confused:) I'm trying to work through some of my huge ( to me!) backlog of LF negs.

So today I got this one, taken not long after we came out of lockdown, processed and printed out.

This was a ( very lucky) chance photograph of the "heart" of the boulangerie ( bakery), the actual shop being upstairs , as to pass by the side door and find it open for any longer than it takes for the staff to enter/ exit is extremely rare.

Of course a quick capture with an slr or similar is more than possible but to have time to set up an LF field camera has never, until this opportunity, been possible.

Even so i was quite fortunate as only seconds after tripping the shutter did the staff close up shop and of course closed the door, with no thought to what i was attempting to achieve....how inconsiderate! l:LOL:

Iirc, camera was the Canham DLC45
Film FP4

Boulangerie Sospel 2020 PRINTED File.jpg

Back to CHELMSFORD Essex for another Family Pic-Nic in Central Park --- I wandered around with my 1984 Mamiya C220 loaded with a July 2002 Ilford 400 Delta Pro i found in fridge given by some-one and not known how it had been stored, it came out 'blotchy' when I processed in my Home-Made FX-15 ( Acutol-S Formula) for 13.5 Mins @ 20oC Here I used the 'Blue Dot' 135mm f4.5 Sekors.
CHELMSFORD + Old Delta 400 Pro + C220 01 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
CHELMSFORD + Old Delta 400 Pro + C220 02 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
I am gradually getting through the 'Oldest'of my outdated Film Stash then onto the 'Fresh 2010 era stuff ' !!

Last edited:
I had a disappointing day trying Fomapan 100 in the Ensign Selfix 820, so I tried shooting 2012 HP5+ yesterday to see whether the sharpness issue was down to the film or the camera. @Carl Hall 's post on pandemic photos was the inspiration, and I'm relieved that the problem seems to have been with the Fomapan, rather than the camera. :) HC-110 Dil B.

#1 Eden Court Theatre (full frame)
img362-copy-tp.jpg

#2 What we all need just now (substantial crop)
img364-copy-tp.jpg

Last edited:
Back