Show us yer film shots then!

On my walk to Daly Dyke reservoir a few weeks ago (the one I posted about in the film outings thread) I took my Zeiss Mess-Ikonta 524/16 loaded with a roll of Ektachrome E200S that had expired in 2003. The first roll of this that I shot last year (I had two), had a significant purple cast and lots of purple noise in the shadows, so I didn't hold high expectations for this one. The first roll had been shot on my Holga though, so no control over anything other than focus basically. For this roll I overexposed it the film, setting it at 80ASA - I mistakenly thought I'd loaded a roll of 100asa Ektachrome, so overexposed it by a stop more than I'd planned. As it turned out, I needn't have worried. While the results still had a distinct purple cast and some noise in the shadows, I was able to remove most of this with a bit of TLC during the scanning and in Lightroom, and I think they've come out remarkably well given the age of the film, Here are three that I've uploaded to Flickr today.

Zeiss Mess-Ikonta 524/16
Kodak Ektachrome E200S (expired 2003)

On a walk to a reservoir
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Bridge to the dam wall

Rhododendrons by the reservoir

Man, I really wanna own a T2 but they are too expensive now.

They really are, don’t get me wrong I do love shooting it, but they probably aren’t worth the money they go for these days! Have you had a think about the original T? Same great lens, but a proper rangefinder and in an even smaller package. There’s still the Contax premium but not quite T2/3 prices!

Well I really like the 1st more..did you stick a fern into the ground?

Well I really like the 1st more..did you stick a fern into the ground?

Thanks Brian. No, that was how I found it.

I'm not sure if it's been wedged between some rocks by someone, or if there's actually a small tree stump there that's been colonised by a fern. If I get back out there again I'll investigate further.

I love the look of the old Ektachrome, look at those colours and tones, particularly around the sunlit trees, it was lovely stuff for photos like that. Those photos need to be viewed large in Flickr to appreciate then too,

And another, this guy was playing excellent acoustic versions of popular songs. We happened to run into my wife's work colleague about 2 minutes after I took this shot (despite being in Spain at the time) so sat with a beer and listened to him :LOL:

Spanish Guitar by Andrew Roberts, on Flickr

It's quite possible that I have already posted this image before but I've just reworked it and managed an A3 print ( but only just !!! It looksOK from viewing distance;))

Captured in March 2015 using an ETRS 645 (which has now gone to a "better home" ) whilst I was in Kent with my good friend @medwaygreen who I haven't seen on here for ages.....Where are you matey??!

Sea Defenses Kent UK  6 x 4.jpg

Our very own "Steptoe" here in the village :LOL:

Intrepid Black edition
Convertible lens ( converted!)
Fomapan 400 ( first try with this film in 4x5 format, purchased for situations like this to maintain a reasonable shutter speed. There is grain but its tolerable , for me anyway, although I do prefer the slower films that I generally use.)

Francis Sospel 2020 TP.jpg

Our very own "Steptoe" here in the village :LOL:

Intrepid Black edition
Convertible lens ( converted!)
Fomapan 400 ( first try with this film in 4x5 format, purchased for situations like this to maintain a reasonable shutter speed. There is grain but its tolerable , for me anyway, although I do prefer the slower films that I generally use.)

View attachment 286905
That's a cracker, @Asha . The hand-rolled ciggy makes it, plus the mask under chin, of course!

You've got him nicely positioned with the tree behind, d'you think he'd be better against an all darker background?

I'm really liking your shooting these days. Speed shooting, LF style!

That's a cracker, @Asha . The hand-rolled ciggy makes it, plus the mask under chin, of course!

You've got him nicely positioned with the tree behind, d'you think he'd be better against an all darker background?

I'm really liking your shooting these days. Speed shooting, LF style!

The BG was difficult and I'm glad with the outcome all considered.
The poor fella is very frail and sat on the park bench with cars and road in the BG. I had to do some playing around with composition to blur/hide the worst of it out as I could hardly expect him to wander further to find another location.
As it is the tree works OK....I was concerned it looking like it was growing out of him but the blurriness is sufficient to avoid that effect too much.

We used to play boules ( bowls) together but he is unable now physically. Nonetheless he gets himself out most days for a stroll around the village, shuffling along at his own snail pace supported by his walking stick.
He is a character and quite amusing ...sort of matches his looks!

A quick wet print before I go to bed of some rock patterns which was an option as an entry in the FPOTY patterns in nature but the scan didn’t please me .

Looks better as a print even with the obscure alignement of the paper .....well I am working I. The dark (ish) so that’s my excuse lol

Adjustments.JPG

Adjustments.JPG

Georgia O'Keeffe. It just screams it to me.

Hey!

So I haven't shared anything properly for ages, which means I have forgotten what I have and haven't shared so I apologise if I post any duplicated but I am trying to be more active in photography again before I am too old and it's too late so expect to see me posting more, asking advice, refreshing my website, etc.

Anyway, this is still my favourite section and I enjoy seeing everyones film photos.

Kodak Ektar 100 colours here.

GM171017246766-20171027-14.jpg

Hey!

So I haven't shared anything properly for ages, which means I have forgotten what I have and haven't shared so I apologise if I post any duplicated but I am trying to be more active in photography again before I am too old and it's too late so expect to see me posting more, asking advice, refreshing my website, etc.

Anyway, this is still my favourite section and I enjoy seeing everyones film photos.

Kodak Ektar 100 colours here.

View attachment 287123

Beautiful, something tells me that ain’t Crosby, but I’ve been wrong before :D

Thanks. Although the photo doesn't convey it, there was the sound of a brook bubbling away close by too, which made it even more tranquil in the flesh.

You see, I was transported there without even knowing that :LOL:

Thanks. Hopefully I can get stuck in. :)

Ha. Nope, not Crosby. Venice Beach, Ca. :) And thank you.

Ahhh, I was worried I’d made a mistake because sun was going down on the same side as Crosby, but then I don’t think I’ve ever seen a soul in the water at Crosby, never mind that many :LOL:

Back