Show us yer film shots then!

Nothing special but the story behind it is that we had a 30 minute stopover in Chillicothe Ohio on route to Durham NC from Indianapolis IN (in the car). This is where one of the Youtubers that I follow lives and many of his images are shot in and around the town. His name is Matt Day and you can find him at:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCopwCE5bVtffQif8IFkbUuw

We took a detour to get here and so I wasn't able to arrange to meet up for a coffee but I can tell you it is a lovely town and Matt is a talented photographer. He sent me a message the following day saying how disappointed he was not to meet up.

This was shot on an Agfa Isolette II using Fuji 400H.
000035200007 (1).jpg

Went out yesterday with my RB67 for the first time in months and months. After a disaster with a colour roll, I moved to some HP5. Took two shots before my son (9) asked if he could take a picture. I walked him through the various steps, including using a light meter on my phone. After that, the only thing I did was put the camera on the tripod.
On a roll of 10 exposures, I shot 3 (not including the one I took of my own face by accident trying to work out if the shutter lock was on) and Dylan took the rest.

Here he is lining up his first shot
20210826_155852 by Madison S, on Flickr

And this was one of his (several) decent shots. He's got an eye for composition I think.

20210827-Hp5RB67Hydrofen-DD-0002 by Madison S, on Flickr

Took a cycle ride yesterday out to Newbiggin-by-the-Sea and at my lunch spot, finished off a roll of Adox HR50 in an Olympus 35RC. There are a number of tractors which are used to pull fishing boats up the beach. The film was developed in Adox HRDEV developer:

Modest tractor at the beach
by Kevin Allan, on Flickr

Here's one from 1979 ? - one of the first negative films that I ever processed, developed and printed when we lived in The Netherlands - I used a small darkroom under the apartment we lived in which was used as a storage place for Bikes and similar. It is the Beatrix who became Queen in 1980, I took it a a Scout meeting in the East of Holland when I worked for a printing company which produced the Scout "Charity" Catalogue.

I have scanned the print on a cheap flat bed scanner - I am trying to find the negatives so that I can do a better job - but maybe they are all lost!!

It's a pity that it is not in focus, but the Princess was walking towards me!!!

TP_Beatrix_BW.jpg

Here's my wife on the left and a dutch friend taken at the same event

TP_Rita_Holland.jpg

Last edited:
Finishing off rolls at the moment. This from some Konica 750 IR that's been sat in the T90 for most of the summer. Getting a sunny day to combine with the ability to get out has been tricky of late... Shot with a standard red filter and dev in Diafine.
2021-08-28-konica750-t90-13.jpg

so you already own a 645?? thought Monday you were considering one?

I own a GA645 but this is fixed lens, I wanted an interchangeable lens, interchangeable back solution so was considering an additional 645 or a 6x6 - I’ve bought a Bronica SQ-A but will keep the GA645 as it’s a fun camera, a medium format P&S will the capability of being used in manual- it’s also quite light for MF and is very portable

Just starting to get the films I've shot this year scanned, this was from a visit to Scotland in August, I'd always wanted to see the Kelpies and they didnt disappoint, they are a fantastic sight.

This was shot on a Nikon F6 with a Nikon 20-35mm f2.8 AF lens on Kodak Portra 400, processed by AG Photolab and scanned on a Coolscan 9000 and tweaked in Lightroom.

Nikon F6 Portra 400 15.jpg by Nick Watson, on Flickr

Last edited:
A few from my recent shooting of Kodak HIE dated 2002. All with the Konica FC-1, 40mm f1.8, Red #25 filter, HC-110 Dil B.

#1 Pretty standard IR graveyard shot, this one at Kilmuir

2021-08-13-0038-copy-tp-v1.jpg

#2 A derelict house which has been getting overgrown for 20 years or more.

2021-08-13-0044-copy-tp.jpg

#3 The lochan at Inverness College

2021-08-13-0049-copy-tp-v2.jpg

#4 Woodland path

2021-08-30-0086-copy-tp.jpg

Last edited:
Just starting to get the films I've shot this year scanned, this was from a visit to Scotland in August, I'd always wanted to see the Kelpies and they didnt disappoint, they are a fantastic sight.

This was shot on a Nikon F6 with a Nikon 20-35mm f2.8 AF lens on Kodak Portra 400, processed by AG Photolab and scanned on a Coolscan 9000 and tweaked in Lightroom.

That's a nice composition Nick. A lot of the photos of The Kelpies I see have lots of background clutter, but they look striking here.

That's a nice composition Nick. A lot of the photos of The Kelpies I see have lots of background clutter, but they look striking here.
Thanks Nige, it is a challenge, its not just the people but the electricity pylons that run through the site make it tricky.

That conversion to mono really works well Nick, especially the sky.

Back