Show us yer film shots then!

testing an Old ROLLEICORD III with 75mm f3.5 XENAR given to me , using old outdated C41 film -- not bad condition but slow speeds sticky -- lens clean.
Cord III First Tests 05.jpgCord III First Tests 01.jpgCord III First Tests 02.jpgCord III First Tests 03.jpgCord III First Tests 04.jpg

Attachments

• ROLLEICORD III.jpg
    ROLLEICORD III.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
This is such a simple shot, but in my opinion, a perfect example of the power of film over digital. Digital just wouldn't cut it.

0-22.jpg

It's like another world through there.

"Launceston Castle"

"Spooky Scene"

Not sure what you will make of this exposure :thinking: . It was about 30 seconds worth and I tried moving the camera around for the last 10 seconds or so to create a 'ghostly' edge to the lighter areas. I just looks as if the camera was moved up and down (like in an earthquake :giggle:), but I think that it still has roughly the sort of the look that I was aiming for.

(8 year old) T-Maxx 100, Nikkor 105mm f/2.5 & red filter

Last edited:
2 'Survivors from using my British -Made Ensign Selfix 16/20 model IV with 75mm f4.5 'Rosstar' The others had some sort of 'FLARE' on each frame - NOT PRESENT in the Initial Tests with this Camera! FILM was 06/2010 dated Fuji Pro 160S rated 80 ASA and I home-processed it.
Edens Snowmen by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
The Robin at Night by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Is it common practice to over expose out of date film by one stop or is that just what works for you.

Is it common practice to over expose out of date film by one stop or is that just what works for you.

It's a general rule of thumb for colour negative film (unless you know it's been well stored, in which case you can probably shoot it at box speed unless it's really old).. B&W film I would use 1/2 stop per decade of expiry. Slide film I tend to just shoot at box speed no matter how old it is. Overexposing slide film is still likely to result in blown highlights in my experience.

Yet another from that roll of Velvia 100. It's impressive just how well the highlights are held in check with slide film :) . I can easily imagine them being 'blown' on a DLSR (without the use of HDR processing).

Velvia 100, Nikkor MF lenses, Nikon FA

Yet another from that roll of Velvia 100. It's impressive just how well the highlights are held in check with slide film :) . I can easily imagine them being 'blown' on a DLSR (without the use of HDR processing).

Velvia 100, Nikkor MF lenses, Nikon FA

Nice shot. And such a cool caravan too :)

It's been a very long time since I've posted an image in here.......

This current roll I've started to upload is from late summer/autumn 2021.

Shot on the Yashica FX3 with cheap, expired Agfa Vista Plus 200 film!!

tbh, I was pretty impressed with the colours/tones/exposure. Probably the most successful roll I can remember using. Only 19 developed from 24 as I had camera issues & had to remove the film & reload. 3 photos are generally a bit crap. 2 have missed focus. I call that a win! :ROFLMAO:

I'm guessing ML50/1.9 for this one

*** by Lee, on Flickr

Back