Show us your Nikons

And Barry now has my F5 to add to his collection...

And Barry now has my F5 to add to his collection...

And it looks like you have a F3HP with motordive to add to yours ....should I get a F2....my wallet says no but my head says yes LOL

I agree with alistair.o, collectitis is a terrible disease!

But pictures were asked for and here they are. Its actually an FT2 and an F5

4548028967_dda6c653e9.jpg

here are the ai lenses

4548662446_0a9043fb77.jpg

and the AF lenses.

4548022607_d66627903c.jpg

These were taken on my Panasonic DMC-L1 with a 50mm f2.0 Leica R lens.
Its amazing the size difference between the FT2 and an F5 and it sometimes makes me think do people need all the atomization the newer cameras have when the end results are the same....give me reliability over technology any day

Yeah reliability is great, but the FT2 doesn't weigh much less than the F5 when you take the 8 AA batteries into account.

The FT2 is built like a brick, its so much heavier than my Olympus OM1n camera.

Yeah reliability is great, but the FT2 doesn't weigh much less than the F5 when you take the 8 AA batteries into account.

The FT2 is built like a brick, its so much heavier than my Olympus OM1n camera.
I really fancy a totally mechanical body as a back up,,But i will have to do more research on them as theres several models

Do you think I was ripped off on the FM above?

It cost me £20 and all I got with it was a E series 50mm f1.8, a flash, spare batteries for the camera, spare batteries for the flash, a lowepro case and some film.

Do you think I was ripped off on the FM above?

It cost me £20 and all I got with it was a E series 50mm f1.8, a flash, spare batteries for the camera, spare batteries for the flash, a lowepro case and some film.

definatly ...:shrug:

Looks like new pal... dont see many so well cared for now days

I know, there aren't even scratches on the base plate! I was at work and just talking about buying an F80 to do some film shots but wanted a mechanical Nikon for IR. One of the lads said he had an old one in the attic I could have for £20. I gave him a lift home and he disappeared only to come back with that.

The manual even looks new :)

Shame that there wasn't a box with it :LOL:

Yeah couldn't they have thrown a couple more lenses in for you at the same time?

I handed him the £20 and he said "Are you sure?" :) Then he said "I think there is another lens, I will bring it in if it turns up". Unfortunately it didn't!

I was hoping for a 600mm f4

FM3A=The last of the propper Nikons

I'm afraid that my little F301 will get lost amongst these big boys but here it is anyway.

I have got a bid in at the mo on an F90 so this may well be updated by monday. :naughty:

Cheers

Andy

not had my hands on a F301 yet ...but theres some bargain F90s on the bay at the moment...

Left to right, sorry about the terrible photo

Nikon EM + Nikon 50 1.8
Nikon Fm2n + Nikon 28-70 AF-S 2.8
Nikon EM + Sigma 24 1.8

IMG_0138.JPG

Ok F4s + 24-50 lens also has a MF23 command back on it and I have a MB20 to make it into a F4.

Nikon F3 + MD4 + 85mm f1.4
Nikon FA + MD15 + 16mm f2.8
Nikon FM2n + 55mm f2.8 macro

Maybe I should get a MD12 to go with the FM2n :cautious:

All work and I use them most of the year :)

not had my hands on a F301 yet ...but theres some bargain F90s on the bay at the moment...

Its my first film camera for 25 years and its a little cracker. So easy to use and it makes a fantastic noise when you take a shot, very satisfying. (y)

Andy

Okay then... :shrug:

1. My F3 and 50mm 1.4... superb combination in minty condition, I really love the feel and sound of the F3... had them both for absolutely ages now and not used them anywhere near enough at all... also have the original boxes in the loft too as bought near brand new from a press tog who had replaced them under an insurance claim... :naughty:

OLD_STUFF---_4.jpg

2. My old FM... given to me many years ago by my brother who used to use it a lot when he lived in Paris but painting then took over as his passion... my gain as it's certainly a lovely little camera and never failed yet... ;)

OLD_STUFF---_5.jpg

And, until this thread I was quite content with my little 'collection' ... :cautious: ...now you bloody lot have got me on the lookout for something to add... again... :naughty:

Off we trot to check what's around and about... :shrug: ...and cheap... :D

:p

Its my first film camera for 25 years and its a little cracker. So easy to use and it makes a fantastic noise when you take a shot, very satisfying. (y)

Andy

:plus1: I always wanted one as a kid - had to make do with my breed of Praktica's. It wasn't the cost of the camera that stopped me, it was the cost of the associated lenses etc.

Bought 2 on ebay for next to nothing a few years ago. Absolutely love them to bits!!

At this point I should mourn my old Nikon F. A photo dealer rang me when it came in the shop back in 1982 because he knew I was looking for one. It was one of the first built (a row of zeros and an eighteen IIRC), pointy unmetered head and completely as new. I sold it in '94 when I bought three whizz-bang AF Nikons (!) for the price I gave, eighty smackers, to a youngster taking up photography.

I suppose its vintage would give it rarity value in the current collectors market, but it was just such a nice camera to use. Sadly missed.

What are the odds of having 2 lenses with the same serial no. Ven ? :LOL:

Oh trust you to bloody notice eagle eyes... :cautious:

...as it happens I only have one of the older Nikkors as the FM came with a bloomin' Tamron and I was not about to photograph it with that monstrosity fitted was I... :LOL:

Gonna have to get me another flamin' Nikkor now aren't I... :baby:

Thanks... :annoyed:

:D

Oh trust you to bloody notice eagle eyes... :cautious:

...as it happens I only have one of the older Nikkors as the FM came with a bloomin' Tamron and I was not about to photograph it with that monstrosity fitted was I... :LOL:

Gonna have to get me another flamin' Nikkor now aren't I... :baby:

Thanks... :annoyed:

:D

hahahaha..put a smile on my face...hey dont knock the Tamrons there older lenses where some of the best ever made

Some big guns posting in this thread...:D

This is the only camera I shoot without a strap, which kinda explains the insulting tape bandage...doh

28i7u68.jpg

Some big guns posting in this thread...:D

This is the only camera I shoot without a strap, which kinda explains the insulting tape bandage...doh

28i7u68.jpg

Whys the tape bandage on it...is it damaged ??

yes...

I was using an m42 adapter & lens, it can't have been mounted correctly, maybe the pin wasn't quite in I dunno, but one minute I was stood holding a camera and lens, the next....just a lens.
4ft to concrete, bashed the prism housing and cracked a load of plastic, doesn't matter, it still works fine, just looks a bit industrial.
Maybe if it had had a strap on it would have been attached to me at some other point....who knows

yes...

I was using an m42 adapter & lens, it can't have been mounted correctly, maybe the pin wasn't quite in I dunno, but one minute I was stood holding a camera and lens, the next....just a lens.
4ft to concrete, bashed the prism housing and cracked a load of plastic, doesn't matter, it still works fine, just looks a bit industrial.
Maybe if it had had a strap on it would have been attached to me at some other point....who knows

shame that there a nice camera

Ok F4s + 24-50 lens also has a MF23 command back on it and I have a MB20 to make it into a F4.

Nikon F3 + MD4 + 85mm f1.4
Nikon FA + MD15 + 16mm f2.8
Nikon FM2n + 55mm f2.8 macro

Maybe I should get a MD12 to go with the FM2n :cautious:

All work and I use them most of the year :)
i hate motor drives on my cameras ..i think at takes all the character away from them...plus I like to be able to just slip the camera in my pocket..try doing that with a F3 with motor drive attached LOL

i hate motor drives on my cameras ..i think at takes all the character away from them...plus I like to be able to just slip the camera in my pocket..try doing that with a F3 with motor drive attached LOL

True the motor drives don't add a great deal I will admit that, I just got them cheap but don't use very often.

Mind you you must have BIG pockets to be able to slip and F3 in. :cautious: :LOL:

True the motor drives don't add a great deal I will admit that, I just got them cheap but don't use very often.

Mind you you must have BIG pockets to be able to slip and F3 in. :cautious: :LOL:

I have motor drives for mine but I never use them as I cant fit them in my barber waist coat...the motor drive for the F3 is almost as large as the camera itself....

DSCF0086.jpg

just picked a nice little nikon FM up on my travels...just fitting some new foam for the mirror buffer as its a bit perished...i will add some pics later :)

Back