Shutter count for Canon 5D MKIV ?

Name
David
Edit My Images
No
Can anyone tell me how I can check the shutter count for the Canon 5D MKIV please

I have one of those cameras and was also curious, it seems there are two possible ways.

Send it to Canon, there will be a change, no idea how much as it was on a Canon forum in the US

Or

Seems to be the only way I can find.

Hope that helps.

Already tried the link you gave. It doesn't work.

I'm not spending money to send it to Canon

There might be a Magic Lantern patch that boots off the CF card that will tell you your shutter count. Then simply delete Magic Lantern off the memory card and all back to normal.

I've decided to not bother checking it. Just too much hassle.

When I had 40d and 6d I seem to recall a free Astro program which read exif data and gave me counts on both
Unfortunately can’t for the life of me remember what it was

Are you on a Mac?

There was an app that I bought when I sold mine which gave me the shutter count. I'll have a look to see what it was called.

Edit: It was simply call ShutterCount from the App store. £8.99

Last edited:
Was it a RAW file you uploaded?
Yes

Are you on a Mac?

There was an app that I bought when I sold mine which gave me the shutter count. I'll have a look to see what it was called.

Edit: It was simply call ShutterCount from the App store. £8.99
Nope, PC. I won't pay for something that I'll only use once.

Do you have a rough idea of shutter count? Obviously only if you have had it from new.

I may have shutter count on an old pc, which I will check when I get home. You could send me a raw file to check if you want.

No idea about shutter count, Gez

Doesn't matter John. It's back in its box. Just waiting to make an appointment to go to WEX

I do have a free program called freeshuttercount if you want. Good luck whatever!!

Same as nc_killie, works on the 5D3 but unsure on the 5D4. It was however the only one which was free which worked!

Camera body is at WEX now along with some lenses.:D

Back