Beginner Shutter release cable

Edit My Images
No
Hi Again
Ive got a d3000 with a Ml-L3 remote, i am now looking for a shutter release cable as well, does anyone know where i can get one.

Cheers .

Should be able to find one via Amazon I would have thought.

I found a number of places selling the Nikon MC-DC2 remote trigger as being compatible with the D3000 but the Nikon web site doesn't list that camera as being compatible with that trigger. Indeed, the only remote trigger listed on the Nikon site for the D3000 is the ML-L3, which you already have.

Is there a particular reason why you want a wired trigger?

Is there a wired remote listed in the camera user manual? You may find that there isn't one :(

Good Afternoon,
Many thanks to Bristolian & andrewc for their replies ,
the reason for wanting a wired trigger is that i have to be ( side on ) to use the remote and much prefer standing behind camera to take a shot.

I just reach over the camera with the remote pointing back.

There are devices like this that strap onto the camera and allow a old fashioned cable release to be used with pretty much any camera.

It doesn't fit well on my digital microscope (which is severely in need of a remote trigger), but I should eventually be able to come up with some modification that works. Vibration is a big issue at 400x and it makes the 1600x option quite unusable.:wideyed:

As others have said, you won't be able to use a cable release as they are designed to screw into the shutter release, but the D3000 doesn't have a threaded hole. You can get inexpensive radio triggers (I use one on my D7000), but I don't think the D3000 has a socket for the receiver to plug into. My old D40 had the same problem. In the end, I used to just set the shutter timer to 2s and use that.

Here's a trick that I remember from my D40/D90 days. You don't need to point the IR remote at the little receiver on the camera - I used to use an ML-L3 with both cameras when stood behind.

The IR receiver has a small lens so as long as the beam from the remote is "seen" by the lens it should trigger the shutter. I just experimented with my D750 to make sure I hadn't dreamt it and sure enough it works on that too :)

Before anyone says, "ah yes, but the D750 has a receiver on the back too" I know it does but this works even with that covered up with several layers of black electrical tape and my thumb. In fact I can even bounce the IR light off my ceiling and it works :)

Back