Shutter Speed Help

TheCameraMan

Name
Daniel
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Everyone, So I was out today decided to try and take a few pics of Water Splashes without flash as it was a very bright day, So I went onto Shutter Speed Priority I set it to 2000 which is the lowest or highest I'm not sure, so I took a picture and it was extremely dark and I'm not sure why, ISO was auto so properly 800 or something like that any ideas why it is dark I don't really want to flash in the daytime, Also I put the Shutter Speed to highest or lowest it said 8" and when I took a PIC it was just a white screen any ideas, Thanks in advance.

Hi Daniel. If you've shot at 2000 (2000th of a second) your shutter is open for a minute amount of time therefor not much light is being let through to your sensor. Although shutter speed priority leaves the camera to select your aperture, the camera will have limitations in certain circumstances. What camera are you using?

Hi, I am using a FujiFilm Finepix s2950, And also when I first tried it, It seemed ok (I Think)

we can answer all your questions if you post a picture with full exif in place... theres no way anyone can answer without seeing a picture and/or your full settings ... hope that helps..

Back