Sigma 1.4 extender £49. Canon Fit

would one fit on my 70-200?

Ring your local store and ask if they would check, Cardiff still had 2.

I don't really mean that. I've ordered one online, where it says they will be expected in 10 days or so, despite being out of stock. I just wondered whether anyone thinks they will be so overwhelmed that they wont be able to fulfil orders at that price.

Sorry,

70-200mm 2.8 IS

Standard Exif Information
Make: Canon
Model: Canon EOS-1D Mark III
Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3 Windows
ImageSize: 803x546
CreateDate: 2008:12:30 14:51:31.13Z
ModifyDate: 2008:12:30 18:15:31Z
DateTimeOriginal: 2008:12:30 14:51:31.13Z
ExposureTime: 1/400"
Aperture: F4.5
MaxAperture: F4.0
CircleOfConfusion: 0.005 mm
HyperfocalDistance: 3575.56 m
ExposureProgram: Shutter speed priority AE
ExposureBiasValue: 0
MeteringMode: Multi-segment
Flash: No Flash
ISO: 2000
WhiteBalance: As Shot
FocalLength: 280.0 mm
FocalLength35efl: 280.0 mm (35 mm equivalent: 1726.6 mm)
ColorSpace: Unknown (-1)

i just ordered one, they are out of stock but i dont mind waiting at this price.

I have been waiting since the 21st and have so far only received the confirmation which was on that day, nothing else since and no reply from them to my enquiry on delivery.

I am not betting on one arriving at my door:|

Anyone had any progress with these?

Mine is still showing as on back order but as it's been the holiday season I've not been expecting any progress.

Fingers crossed for some good news by the end of next week :)

Mine is still showing as on back order but as it's been the holiday season I've not been expecting any progress.

Fingers crossed for some good news by the end of next week :)

Yeah, I'm with you, expect the mail order department probably won't be back to work until Monday so hopefully we will all get some progress towards the end of next week.

Phoned Jessops to-day they expect a shipment in on Wednesday 7th Jan 2009, :clap::clap:

Thats great news, lets just hope they aren't expecting a shipment of 1 :shrug:

Looks like they are back up to £137 now..... get in there :D

Has anyone had any of theirs delivered yet or should we expect an email apologising but they can't fulfill the order?

All I have have had is the confirmation and no reply which is why I am still looking for a Canon one.
It remains to be seen whether anyone will get one at that price. A tog mate of mine enquired at Jessops in the Metrocentre Gateshead and was told the stock was showing at -270 !!. So could that be 270 orders for it at £49, can you see Jessops fulfilling that order...........think not.

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=103648 I definitely think not now!!.

Last edited:
Oh... I was quite looking forward to this arriving... now I just have to wait for the grovelling email saying how 'unfortunate' it is they cannot fulfil their orders.

I would like to hold at hope, but to be honest, i'm pretty dubious that the orders will be fulfilled. It seems as if Jessops is in quite a bad way at the moment.

Well I have my fingers crossed, I've always had a soft spot for Jessops so hope they don't let me down.

If you have a "soft spot" for Jessops why not give them £137 for one and help them out of the recession :D

The below is a response I've just received from Jessops after an enquiry as to the delivery of this order.

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for your email.

Firstly I would like to apologise for the delay in receiving your order.

Having had the opportunity to look into this matter further,I am able to confirm we are expecting a delivery in or around the 10th January 2009.

Kind Regards

Christian Liquorish
Customer Support

So Still no word that they will not honour it, however I am still not holding out too much hope!!! :)

Hmmm I shall believe it when it appears on my doorstep. You wonder why they dropped the price so low, they probably would have sold out and some more at £70 (half price) - I would have bought one...

Just had a response from Jessops myself on the order:

Thank you for your email.

Firstly I would like to apologise for the delay in receiving your order.

Having had the opportunity to look into this matter further,I am able to confirm we are currently out of stock and we are expecting a delivery on the 12th January 2009.

Kind Regards

Christian Liquorish
Customer Support

Just had a response from Jessops myself on the order:

12th January 2009.

Perhaps I ordered before you so mine is on an earlier shipment :p

Or more likely they have no idea when they may arrive...... if at all!!:shake:

Jessops will be taking a loss on these, unless Sigma UK is giving them a price break....?

:cautious:
Huhh, I have not had an email from them:(

this is the most random thread ever :D

Rubbish, there has been many a thread more random than this :LOL:

Back