Sigma 14mm/1.4 Art. Anyone has one?

Raymond Lin

I am Groot
Name
Raymond
Edit My Images
No
Edit - I meant 20mm/1.4

Been thinking about this as my next lens, want something ultra wide, fast, for dance floor stuff. Something different than the normal 24/35mm variants to throw into the mix of shots.

Last edited:
Edit - I meant 20mm/1.4

Been thinking about this as my next lens, want something ultra wide, fast, for dance floor stuff. Something different than the normal 24/35mm variants to throw into the mix of shots.
I tried one in the photo show and was highly impressed

I have the older Sigma trio of EX-DG 20mm f1.8 24mm 1.8 28mm f1.8 and have been well impressed with the image quality over the years. Used on numerous wedding shoots and other events
But the Sigma ART range appear to be the mutts nuts and supposedly in another league ?
A friend does have a couple of Art lenses and they are impressive if some what heavy.
But with those focal lengths already covered and I no longer shoot weddings.
It would be impossible for me to warrent the expense to upgrade.
I'm pretty sure if you get a good copy you will be delighted with it.:):banana:

Last edited:
I have the older Sigma trio of EX-DG 20mm f1.8 24mm 1.8 28mm f1.8 and have been well impressed with the image quality over the years. Used on numerous wedding shoots and other events
But the Sigma ART range appear to be the mutts nuts and supposedly in another league ?
A friend does have a couple of Art lenses and they are impressive if some what heavy.
But with those focal lengths already covered and I no longer shoot weddings.
It would be impossible for me to warrent the expense to upgrade.
I'm pretty sure if you get a good copy you will be delighted with it.:):banana:

I already have their 50/1.4 Art so I am familiar with the build quality. The reason to get the 20mm is more about no one else makes that focal length in 1.4. Would yield some fantastic results in dance floor photos I reckon.

Back