Sigma 150-600mm contemporary

Edit My Images
Yes
Is anyone else’s 150-600 sometimes a little reluctant to AF? Sometimes I have to give the manual focus ring a nudge before much happens and then it seems fine.
I'm a bit late to this and no help I'm afraid Graham but thought I'd mention that the first one I bought had this problem.

Fortunately it was under a month old, had it replaced and had no issues since

Have you managed to get the problem sorted?

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
No
I'm a bit late to this and no help I'm afraid Graham but thought I'd mention that the first one I bought had this problem.

Fortunately it was under a month old, had it replaced and had no issues since

Have you managed to get the problem sorted?
It seemed to be an issue with my camera. Tried it on another and it worked fine. Stuck it back on mine and it’s been fine ever since. Weird

Name
Jeff
Edit My Images
No
PLEASE READ IMPORTANT INFO
To users of the sigma 150-600 lenses that are updated via the usb hub the latest update messes up the focus if you use dynamic o.s
.I was wondering why I was getting so many OOF shots since the update .. checked it properly yesterday and literally watched the focus points dashing around the frame in burst mode . I have now changed to moderate view mode and its really stable again . sigma are denying there's a problem so be warned
this is taken with moderate view mode.
i.e if you aim at the eye of the bird as in this pic in single point a/f using dynamic mode keep your finger half depressed on the shutter button and you literally see the focus point is moving around the birds head , obviously works better with a static subject , change it back to moderate view o.s and the focus point stays locked on target . IMHO they have made dynamic over sensitive.
it has literally messed with my head for the last few weeks as I thought it was either me or the camera settings ..

PLEASE READ
by jeff and jan cohen, on Flickr

Last edited: