Sigma 35mm 1.4

One would imagine the 35L otherwise a comparison would be pointless.
why?
the sharpness tests ive seen put the new canon about the same(or nearly)as the sigma is the distortion that's better with the siggy
i am more interested in the non l really the trend for these bigger primes takes away one of there advantages ,the sigma is nearly as long as a 24-105L

Last edited:
why?
the sharpness tests ive seen put the new canon about the same(or nearly)as the sigma is the distortion that's better with the siggy
i am more interested in the non l really the trend for these bigger primes takes away one of there advantages ,the sigma is nearly as long as a 24-105L

Without seeing any tests, the sigma is infinitely sharper/better than the Canon 35mm 2.8IS at f1.4, f.1.8, f2 etc.

They are quite different beasts in all but focal length really.

i agree the fast f stop is great .but as with all fast Len's the penalty is increase in bulk

So after a month with the lens, I've got to say I'm really impressed.

I've been using it on my D3 and D800 - the AF has no problem keeping up with the D3 and some motorsport stuff and the resolution is amazing on the D800.

I don't know why anyone would go and buy the Nikon 35mm 1.4G now, especially as this is nearly half the price!

a friend has this lens and i want one - looks AMAZING and is such a beast so well made!

It is a superb lens but I've put mine up for sale since getting the 24-70 II :(

It's a good lens. But so far I don't think AF of moving subjects is great.

Does anyone on here use this lens on a 7D?

I have just got home and taken a few test shots on my Canon 6D. I was lucky with the 1st lens i tried as it was pin point spot on at f1.4 so I'm VERY happy. This lens gives you that dreamy out of focus look that I just love and sharp....YES! Damn sharp!!! Very usable at f1.4!!!

Anyhoo here are a couple images...

Nissan

Nissan by andywest1, on Flickr

Wall

Wall by andywest1, on Flickr

Callum

Cal by andywest1, on Flickr

I love my Sigma 35mm F1.4. It is very sharp at any F-stop, the colour rendition is great, bokeh is smooth and best of all it is nearly half the price of the Nikon/Canon equivalent.

I love my Sigma 35mm F1.4. It is very sharp at any F-stop, the colour rendition is great, bokeh is smooth and best of all it is nearly half the price of the Nikon/Canon equivalent.

Amen! (y)

Where is the cheapest place to pick up one of these?

Ebay for grey import but most of the usual places are as cheap as it's going to get like WEX, Park etc for UK stock.

Argh, really shouldn't look in here!! I really want one! :( :LOL:

Same... I really want a 35mm f/1.4 and could only justify getting the samyang for 400 quid but a few more months saving and this beauty of a lens could be in my hands. Would be worried about getting a dodgy copy though..

Same... I really want a 35mm f/1.4 and could only justify getting the samyang for 400 quid but a few more months saving and this beauty of a lens could be in my hands. Would be worried about getting a dodgy copy though..

It's justifying it for me too. I do however have a 60mm macro I pretty much never use any more, so I could shift that to make room.

Mine should be here tomorrow...just need the 135mm to go with the 35mm & 85mm and I'm sorted.

That's very very tempting!

Yes ,a few people on ocuk asked me for the place a few months ago, they even send you pics of the packaging before they send it. just took a long time to come, 7 days, cant grumble for free postage though.

Yes ,a few people on ocuk asked me for the place a few months ago, they even send you pics of the packaging before they send it. just took a long time to come, 7 days, cant grumble for free postage though.

Whats your copy like? Any focusing issues? Digital rev have them for 549 and I know they're pretty well trusted.

Whats your copy like? Any focusing issues? Digital rev have them for 549 and I know they're pretty well trusted.

Mines fine, not had a problem with it, ive got the dock as well , ive had 4 things from e-infinity over the last year, always been ok

Mines fine, not had a problem with it, ive got the dock as well , ive had 4 things from e-infinity over the last year, always been ok

That's reassuring to hear. Can I ask how long it took for delivery?

Mines fine, not had a problem with it, ive got the dock as well

Are all the Sigma lenses compatible with this USB Dock of theirs or just selected lenses?
Just that I'm considering both this and the 85mm,and if either happen to have any focusing issues I'd like to be able to sort them out as best as possible.

Are all the Sigma lenses compatible with this USB Dock of theirs or just selected lenses?
Just that I'm considering both this and the 85mm,and if either happen to have any focusing issues I'd like to be able to sort them out as best as possible.

It's only the new selection of lenses - ART etc, so covering the 35mm 1.4, 120-300 2.8 and 18-35 1.8 (plus any other new lenses I may have missed).

Back