Sigma DP Merrils Price Drop

I ordered mine online waiting for confirmation of delivery got order acknowledgement but order states awaiting authorisation. Hopefully will be here Tuesday as well.

Sure it will be mate...I was very impressed with them today,great service and very helpful.Let me know if you fancy a dabble with the dp3 your welcome to try it.Have also asked mods if they can put this thread in equipment section as its ideal thread to share images info etc on the merrills,doubt it will be like some of the fuji threads but still somewhere to share info and images.Some decent info on the thread already

Thanks Stuart I think I still owe you a go with the Ricoh gr. it will be a while before I can use it anyway just had an operation on my shoulder but price was just too good to turn down this time. Good to hear you had a positive experience with Park cameras.

Cheers Adrian I was very close to getting the GR so yeah wouldnt mind a go with one to see what I am missing.Sorry to hear about your shoulder but think the merrill will be worth the wait. Only heard good things about Park cameras tbh so not concerned at all.

Last edited:
Look forward to some of your pics from the dp3 then Stuart....

Cheers I have a feeling there maybe a few!..as long as I can charge the batteries quick enough lol

Good point,iam going to see how I get on first then maybe order a couple more.

Same as..obviously not goig to be shooting sports etc with it so will see how I go with 2 included batteries..apparently 70 shots per battery is the norm so reckon the 2 would just about do me.

Ahh that is not good,the average does seem to be higher than that though. He says fingers crossed :)

Read a user review where someone said he got 15 shots to his battery :eek:
Really?..I have done nothing but read reviews and write ups on the merrills last few days and most say between 50-70 shots per charge.Sounds like a duff battery tbh

Really?..I have done nothing but read reviews and write ups on the merrills last few days and most say between 50-70 shots per charge.Sounds like a duff battery tbh

Yeah, gotta be, still 50 shots. Ouch. Good thing they include 2.

Read a user review where someone said he got 15 shots to his battery :eek:

In the video posted earlier in the thread the guy got 14 shots I think but that was outside in the middle of icy snowy Winter.

:p Mine should be here tomorrow I hope. Does it come with wrist strap or neck strap?

Ok cheers for that..do the batteries take long to charge?..Have you had chance to see what the AF is like,is it as slow as some make out on some of the reviews of it.

Ok cheers for that..do the batteries take long to charge?..Have you had chance to see what the AF is like,is it as slow as some make out on some of the reviews of it.

batteries always seem to take long when you are waiting for them :) but one has been charged a while now and have taken a few shots, AF seems fine outside and okay inside in a low lit room. not had chance for proper testing yet tho... I did take one of the chickens and when I 100%ed it on the pc the feathers, comb and crop on the in focus chicken was amazing. Looking forward to nice weather.

Sounds good then David..The menus look nice and simple and welll laid out,is that the case?

Lol going to be a long night,hopefully it will come am rather than pm.

Think I might order the marumi +5 for the Dp3..some cracking pics on Flickr taken with this combo.

Glad it arrived stuart,mine arrived at about 09.30am this morning and i ordered the wrong lens hood as well. Got the one for the old DP2 my mistake but it came up on the search page when i looked at the camera. Batteries took about two hours each to charge.

Glad yours turned up nice and early,thought mine was not going to appear at one point!lol...Shame about the lens hood but sure Park will exchange for you.Just hoping the weathers ok for a test run tomorrow.Lovely camera and feels very well built.

Yes it does feel rather substantial and almost tank like in its appearance i thought it was a lot smaller than it actually is. Hopefully the weather will be ok for you tomorrow,unfortunately iam sidelined for a few weeks but it will give me something to look forward to when i feel a lot better.

Its certainly well built!..Weather looks variable but will get a few shots even if its just of the dogs lol,hopefully you will be able to use yours soon enough and add some images to the thread.

Dp3 owners unite :) not had chance to touch mine been on course all day. Day off tomorrow so hoping for dry weather.
You and me both...was hoping mine turned up am as weather has been ok here today,not to worry. Just trying to convince myself I dont need a dp2 merrill:exit:

Of course you need a DP2 Merrill,especially if you want to take the picture as your eyes sees them :)

What you REALLY need is a DP1M to keep the DP2M youre going to buy and the DP3M you have company.

I've just bought one 2nd hand for £265, at that price I couldn't say no. I have the dp1 and stopped using it because the resolution was so low compared with my other kit. Can't wait to try if again!

Back