Beginner sigma on a nikon

Edit My Images
No
Evening all.
Could I pick your brain please.I'm a newbie,getting to grips with the basics with my old nikon d60.I have been looking for a wide angle lens and been offered a sigma 17-35mm wide zoom f2.8- f4-0.is it compatible and what is this lens like?.when I upgrade my camera will I be able to use this on a ff camera?thanks.

Is it compatible? Yes so long as it's a Sigma lens with a Nikon mount. However, if it doesn't have HSM in the name then it might not autofocus.

Is it any good? Well, it's a rather old design, and I believe the optical quality and build quality would be characterised as decent but not great. It's only a 2x zoom range which you might find a bit restrictive, and 17mm at the wide end isn't particularly wide on a DX camera.

Is it compatible with a future upgrade to FX? Yes. In fact it probably makes more sense as a wide zoom on FX than as a not-so-wide zoom on DX.

Is it compatible? Yes so long as it's a Sigma lens with a Nikon mount. However, if it doesn't have HSM in the name then it might not autofocus.

Is it any good? Well, it's a rather old design, and I believe the optical quality and build quality would be characterised as decent but not great. It's only a 2x zoom range which you might find a bit restrictive, and 17mm at the wide end isn't particularly wide on a DX camera.

Is it compatible with a future upgrade to FX? Yes. In fact it probably makes more sense as a wide zoom on FX than as a not-so-wide zoom on DX.

Thanks for the reply

Back