Sigma Rechip.

Edit My Images
No
Hi all,

I have purchased a new Sigma lens and it wont Auto focus on my Nikon D5500 (i was aware of this when purchasing).

I had the same issue with my 70-200 and send it off to Sigma who did a 'Rechip' according the receipt and now its fine.
(Note: Previous to the work it would focus on a D3300, but not a D5500). The new lens is the same, so i assume the same issue. (Because its a newer body / firmware?)

I assume this cant be done via the USB docking station? The new lens is rather heavy and will cost alot to send back to sigma. Would rather ensure all options are exhausted before doing so.

Regards,

Thought it wouldn't work.
If its rechipped, will it be compatible with D7200, D7500 and D500 bodies if I upgrade in the future. I know in particular the D7500 is quite a new model out?
I assume they just load on the latest firmware.

I heard there is a guy in Canada selling rechip kits. But I have not found him yet.

Your post is rather confusing what is your current body and current lens ?

Please say what lens you bought, Sigma has many types of lenses, some which can be plugged into the dock. It’s pretty unusual for a brand new lens not to work on a newish body, especially if the lens was manufactured some time after the release of the camera.

Ah dragged up by a newbie with a vested interest ,well spotted mike

Common mistake no one is immune to it

Back