Signatures ?

Some people can be quite annoying :hissyfit:

I was wondering if it was length of post... but there are short ones that have a signature

^ is it keywords like the thread subject??

Maybe its smiley count :ponders: :dizzy: :confused-

Maybe its none of the above :nunu:

Maybe I don't care :getmecoat

Ahh getting somewhere

Signature

nope not keyword

:nut: :confused- :innocent: :thumb:

four smileys are not enough

:dizzy: :ponders: :clap:

nor were seven

Ok so maybe you need a long line with no returns so it looks like you typed something interesting and made a contribution to the thread.

:hand: I give up

RobertP said:
Ahh getting somewhere

Signature

nope not keyword

:nut: :confused- :innocent: :thumb:

four smileys are not enough

:dizzy: :ponders: :clap:

nor were seven

Ok so maybe you need a long line with no returns so it looks like you typed something interesting and made a contribution to the thread.

:hand: I give up

Number of edits and/or complexity of replies I think ?:confused-

Anyway (edit) ... I am not playing any more ... how many more times !!! :hissyfit:

(edit2) ?

(edit3) ? And now they tell me I got too many images ... whatever next ?

SORTED !

from http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=97685

Apply Conditional Signatures for Guests / Spiders Only
Select "Yes" to apply signature modifications for guests (and spiders) only.

Set Minimum Post Length (# of Words)

Posts that do NOT meet the Minimum Post Length will have the selected Signature Action applied (see above).

Set Minimum Post Count

For posts authors who has posted less than the count specified, links in signatures will be either removed or rel="nofollow" added.

Set Maximum Posts Per User Per Page

For the authors who posted multiple messages per page, only the first specified count of posts will have a signature.

Specify Excluded Users (IDs)

Provide a comma-separated list of user IDs. Excluded users ALWAYS have their signature included without ANY changes.

Specify Excluded User Groups (IDs)

Provide a list of user group IDs separated by spaces. Users from excluded groups ALWAYS have their signature included without ANY changes.

RobertP said:
from http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=97685

Apply Conditional Signatures for Guests / Spiders Only
Select "Yes" to apply signature modifications for guests (and spiders) only.

Set Minimum Post Length (# of Words)

Posts that do NOT meet the Minimum Post Length will have the selected Signature Action applied (see above).

Set Minimum Post Count

For posts authors who has posted less than the count specified, links in signatures will be either removed or rel="nofollow" added.

Set Maximum Posts Per User Per Page

For the authors who posted multiple messages per page, only the first specified count of posts will have a signature.

Specify Excluded Users (IDs)

Provide a comma-separated list of user IDs. Excluded users ALWAYS have their signature included without ANY changes.

Specify Excluded User Groups (IDs)

Provide a list of user group IDs separated by spaces. Users from excluded groups ALWAYS have their signature included without ANY changes.

Seems like that flummoxed them Rob ??? No congrats though ... ingrats - should you be worried ?:nut:

And what about my three eds ???:confused- Does this work - or is it random/affected by other factors ?

Surely the premise that reducing the number of sigs in a thread to one per poster will speed the forums is false due to the effect of the readers cache?

It makes the forums more fluid and easier to read plus helps with site SEO ;)

It's more to do with fluidity and finding a balance between showing signatures and keeping the forums easy to read.

I used to frequent some American Emergency Services Forums and it got to the point I was scrolling for pages just trying to spot posts..lol

As for which Admin is Dougal?

dougal.jpg

That's one hairy animal.
So not Steve then :D

Nah you're not missing much.
I'd have mine shaven if it weren't for my wife flatly refusing to let me.

orangepeel said:
it makes it look bigger tho.

oh wait. you're talking about your head hair aren't you.

Erm, I was.....but..... :D

I think that the limit is 30 words or something like that :p

14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

I'm right! tehee

By the way...

You've said that you've done this because you're trying to reduce the clutter of the forum... Well why aren't admins included in this rule ;) They still post and their signatures will still clutter the forum. :confused-

hehe You have too much time on your hands :D

Have a banana...

banana.jpg

signature-Frida-100dpi.gif

See, easy. :whistle2:

:doh: who would put that up at 300dpi.

Have that one instead......

and I still have no idea who's it is. :embarasse

whats dougal got to do with it????? i must reread the thread i think..

Jonny said:

14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

In a nutshell Matty - The mystery has been unfolded, the sugar lumps have been eaten (by Dougal one would assume), and the signature is that of a girl (florence perhaps)

Theres also a picture of a big banana and so this might be the murder weapon :getmecoat

Allan

PS I think Magic Roundabout (the movie) is on Sky next week ;)

Back