Silhouette drops

Name
Angi
Edit My Images
Yes
I took these using a piece of red and blue perspex behind the drops and one flash behind the perspex.
redsil1s.jpg

redsil3s.jpg

bluesil3s.jpg

Literally just seen your entry in this months competition. These are a brilliant variation on the normal water drop pictures. I REALLY like them! Fantastic.

Superb images, great twist on an old idea, well done. (y)

What liquid were you using btw there Angi? It's very smooth round the edges of the floating collisions :thinking:

What liquid were you using btw there Angi? It's very smooth round the edges of the floating collisions :thinking:

I used milk for the opacity as water didnt result in opaque droplets. The ones below were my first attempts at this, you can see through them a bit too much to make them proper silhouettes for what I wanted.

3s.jpg

2s.jpg

4s.jpg

5s.jpg

Last edited:
They're very pretty :)

Ah ok, smooth edges for milk droplets! Mine are always more splodgy :) Loving the blue ones personally, my fave colour.

They are so nice, love the top red, the blue and the purple. Again inspritation to try when I get time :)

Loving the first red one - seems almost velvety :thinking: Just found some coloured perspex sheets for a couple of quid each so will be trying your technique soon!

Edit: OMG perspex is £2.35 carriage £11.75!!!!! Think I will wait till I go to shops.

Last edited:
Excellent idea, the last is by far the best. Nice take on an established idea.

Loving the first red one - seems almost velvety :thinking: Just found some coloured perspex sheets for a couple of quid each so will be trying your technique soon!

Edit: OMG perspex is £2.35 carriage £11.75!!!!! Think I will wait till I go to shops.

Not if you buy it on ebay ;D

What thickness perspex did you use out of interest to still allow that level of light through?

Back