Silverstone F1 testing 20/06/07

Edit My Images
No
Another day spent looking for somewhere to take pictures at Silverstone, most places yesterday were out of bounds or under construction.

Here are a few from the day.

579394188_8030cd5e1a_o.jpg

579394048_b24a2c320b_o.jpg

579356085_677cbaba19_o.jpg

579394014_f5278be739_o.jpg

579394030_2003cdb507_o.jpg

579356097_4742d274bb_o.jpg

579394364_31004ef0e5_o.jpg

579394192_de2db0892b_o.jpg

Iain

Very nicely done! Crisp sharp bits and great sense of movement in the rest!

interesting to see most of the teams running potato pito static tubes on the cars to measure airspeed. maybe renaults insistance of being more bothered by the airflow 1ft above the car than that flowing over it explains why they've dropped in performance this year!

i hear that silverstone are screwing test day visitors as well these days, poo viewing area, toilet and catering facilities etc but they do provide comentary which is just stupid!

Some great captures there with excellent panning (y)

How true to colour is the Ferrari? I am a Ferrari fan but not keen on that collour at all.

Nice pics there having said that, if id know i would have had an extra couple days from work off to watch it.

Hi Russdaz,

Yes the colour looks a bit odd, sadly the bright red now is/looks metallic.

I didn't like but the trucks looked fab in the original colour (y)

Dam, confirms the TV vids then, i hate the colour of it bring back blood red Ferrari lol

Wasnt meant as anything against youe work by the way.

The Mclearn being the best of your bunch.

lovely, i really would like to get to one of these days sometime

is it me or are these cars looking really stupid - they've got tiny spoilers sticking out of every orifice - i know they're trying to maximize downforce but still - they're becoming really ugly beasts.

Great shots by the way

Nice set :)

Just been looking at my pics from the Wednesday... blurgh!

The whole day was quite frankly rubbish to be honest - Silverstone just totally sucks for pics - or at least the bit we were allowed to get to this week.

Yes it was nice to see the F1 cars and hear the noise they make (I've not seen them since 1986!) but as a photo shoot it was pants.

We were only there a couple of hours, then gave up and headed off to Donnington...

I think the red is an issue as they aren't sponsered by Vodafone anymore

I think the red is an issue as they aren't sponsered by Vodafone anymore

Thats pants.

The Ferrari red has nothing todo with vodaphone, its the Italian colour, the original Ferrair colour is yellow, but when they entered F1 they did at a time each coountry had its own colour Italy red, Britan British raceing Green. Thats why the Ferrari badge has a yellow background. the team change the shade every year regardless or sponser, this years is a crap shade imho, they did have a tent of oriange one year too

Thanks for the reply's, all in all not a bad day but with the ruling of one car testing per team that showed at times the track was pretty quiet that combined with the restricted viewing areas probably not worth the gate fee.

Sadly the chance of seeing F1 in the country is becoming less and less as more teams take up european testing duties. Shame as so many teams are based in the UK.:thumbsdown:

Iain

Back