Silverstone Hankook 24hr

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Silverstone isn't a favourite of mine but the idea of a whole evening/morning to play with my new lens was too tempting to pass up. The circuit was very restricted, so limited angles available to the few spectators there. Never shot motorsport with the little Fuji X-T10 before put pretty pleased with how it held up...

Silverstone 24hr by Chris Harrison, on Flickr

#5 - Darkness meant plenty of time to mess around with slow shutter speeds, 1/8th at ISO2000...

Brilliant set of images and well planned on the first few. My favorite is the first one because I love the colours

The 'King of Pan' strikes again! I'd already seen #1 on your Flickr a few days ago, and stand by the comment I made then - one of the very best motorsport images I've ever seen. Absolutely superb.

Simon.

The 'King of Pan' strikes again! I'd already seen #1 on your Flickr a few days ago, and stand by the comment I made then - one of the very best motorsport images I've ever seen. Absolutely superb.

Simon.

Thanks. I've never actually panned through a fence before so this was a completely new one on me. Didn't enjoy it, I have to say, horrible feeling when you perfectly nail a 1/8th pan but a section of fence ruins a large portion of the shot.

#4 is my personal favourite from a technical perspective as it was through a fence, very dark (1/30 at ISO1600) and holds up perfectly at full size.

Anyway, back to Castle Combe for me, no such distractions!

Last edited:
#5 for me. Every time the Duwo BMW came past I couldn't help but take the shot. Ive got hundreds of that bloody car but none that good.

Back