Simon's 52 in 2020

Hi Simon,

Autumn - The berries shot is the one. Re berries do say Autumn, even if the leaves are green and it's a nice natural use of complementary colours.
Wet - Yup, your choice of #1 is the one I would have gone with too. It does tell a very wet story.
Yes, the berries were perfect, but the leaves needed another week or two! Will have to go back and hope the birds haven’t had the berries!
Thanks

That's a cracker! Especially with the food in the beak - perfect for the theme.
Thanks! It was tricky because it was a steep hill covered in heather I needed to scramble up to get close enough, even with the extreme zoom of the FZ330 and the darn bird kept flittering about. I didn't actually notice the insect in it's beak until I got home and uploaded the photo!

Hi Simon

Cracking shot of the bird feeding.

Sharp - I have to take your word for it, but the image is sharp and fits the theme.

Pete

Hi Simon

Cracking shot of the bird feeding.

Sharp - I have to take your word for it, but the image is sharp and fits the theme.

Pete
Thanks Pete! My son tells me it was a G sharp. I never got beyond C, G, D so again, have to take his word! :)

Food is a lovely shot like the POV and its nice and bright without being overexposed.
Sharp, like your take on the theme and nicely executed.

Food is a lovely shot like the POV and its nice and bright without being overexposed.
Sharp, like your take on the theme and nicely executed.
Thanks! The POV on the bird shot was completely planned - not! Mostly out of necessity of keeping it from flying away (again!) and I wanted it against the blue sky as well.
The guitar shot was me trying to avoid the inevitable shots of sharp blades, although most of those I’ve seen are very good

Great shot of the Meadow Pipit, it works wondrfully from that angle against the blue sky.
Love the guitar pic too. Great for the theme and well photographed.

Very good take on the subject, I didn’t think of a musical interpretation for this... Damn.. big thumbs up from me

Sharp
A good bit of lateral thinking that. Nicely lit.
Thank you! Lighting was pot luck tbh. Took the photo in my son's bedroom. Thought it looked too dark in camera. Took a bunch more in better lighting, but when looking on the computer screen, this original one was better by miles

Last edited:
A bit late - Week 41 - Topical

I couldn't get any creative juices flowing for this one, but this is a about as topical as it gets. A sign on the Cardiff Bay barrage.

Topical by Simon P Hiscocks, on Flickr

Two good takes there :)

That's an interesting looking little scanner - two nice and bang on theme pictures.
Thanks very much!
The scanner is a Doxie Wifi - a few years old now, but portable and ideal for scanning single photos, and does a pretty good job too - it's Wifi enabled so once scanned you can upload over wifi. Great for single sheet documents, notes and of course photos. It's the second one I had - originally had an earlier (non wifi, SD card) version which was also decent. They do a few different versions. Good gear www.getdoxie.com (hope this is allowed!)

Love the Digital Age idea, an excellent demonstration of the old developing into the new (excuse the pun).

Love the Digital Age idea, an excellent demonstration of the old developing into the new (excuse the pun).
Thanks !
That was sort of what I had in mind, so glad it’s come across as such!

I had to google what a Doxie was, interesting take on the Image. Before I read your reply up a bit.

Pete

Very Topical signage you took. Like the outstanding RED which lifts the picture.

Pete

Very Topical signage you took. Like the outstanding RED which lifts the picture.

Pete
Thanks Pete - it was a bit of a conservative shot for topical, but what took me as much as anything was the way the sign was half fallen over, like no-one really cared anymore.... ;)

Not easy this shoot every week thing is it ;)

Sanppers - Quite a crop going on there I feel, yes?
Narrow - Love the low perspective of the shot, with the wave being kind of a reverse leading line. (y)
Thanks! Yes, the weeks come around very quickly don't they!
There wasn't much crop on the wren - it was very close to the path - I've always struggled to catch them because they're so quick and nervous usually, but this little fella seemed a bit more used to people.
The one of the sea is now on a canvas on our wall!

Back