Simple question regarding CS5 for Mac

Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
No
Hi all im a total novice at using CS5 for mac but am slowly learning. The thing is every time i go to use the spot healing brush a promp window comes up stating that i much press control and select the area...(something along those lines anayway) I have no idea what its asking me to do and therefore are unable to use the spot healng brush. any advice would be gladly appreciated.

It needs an area to heal from, so, hold down the alt key and click you mouse at the same time on a matching area [so for example, if its a facial spot, on a patch of skin that matches the area you are healing] then you can click on the problem area and hey presto...

by the way, just for clarity, the spot healing brush does the healing itself, its the healing brush that needs the alt key [otherwise known as the 'option' key] - same applies for cloning tool btw and to select colours for brush tool, so you know for future reference. Probably a million other PS things too, but they are the ones I use :D

Spot healing tool will do a best guess when you use it. So if it doesn't do what you think you want it to do after the first click with it, undo and try again. It will then automatically try a different area to spot heal from itself.

For spot healing, first use the zoom in/out tool to get the required view and then select the spot healing tool. To use tool - hold down alt key and click to select area to mimic - then release alt key and click on area you want to heal.
Also, you can move around your image by holding down spacebar and dragging around

I meant healing tool - as has been mentioned the spot healing tool automatically selects an area to work from. Toggle through the tool options by clicking on the tool icon whilst holding down ctrl

Back